SmartScope Toggle feature.

Having to hold LT or any other button to zoom in is really giving a ADS vibe and really annoys the people that are not using LT to zoom.
I Personally think there should be an option in the options menu to toggle SmartScope, this would make the Competitive and diehard halo fans Happy, especially if their not using LT to zoom in.

List your thoughts below
AND REMEMBER BE OPEN MINDED

I was told you can “re-map” the control scheme to go back to original halo controls (am I wrong?)
So I don’t think this will be an issue.

I mean there is regular right stick to zoom in most of the other control schemes but I do feel that Recon should be default as the default is far to CoD like for me.

> 2535428625022762;3:
> I mean there is regular right stick to zoom in most of the other control schemes but I do feel that Recon should be default as the default is far to CoD like for me.

It is similar to CoD. :frowning:

I remember smart-scope being a toggle when I played the beta, at least when it was set to right stick.

> 2533274895450298;5:
> I remember smart-scope being a toggle when I played the beta, at least when it was set to right stick.

Really!?, if so then their should be a option for people that are going to be using LT to have it toggled

You can switch to the recon control scheme and zoom would be on RS.

> 2535428625022762;3:
> I mean there is regular right stick to zoom in most of the other control schemes but I do feel that Recon should be default as the default is far to CoD like for me.

What would be the point in putting Recon as default? If you like Recon then you would switch to it, you would never even use the default. Regardless of how CoD the default is, it doesn’t effect anyone who uses any of the other classic control schemes.

I use Recon and it felt normal (for halo) to click the stick and be zoomed out, then be de-scoped when I got shot and have to click it back in. My friend told me that you could just hold the LT down and it will zoom you right back in after getting shot. This feels a little OP to me as I have to click the stick, but they can just keep the trigger pulled. I feel like there should be a delay before it scopes them back in.

Halo has always offered different controller settings to choose from as well as toggle or hold “zoom” functionality. Even when “zoom” is set to toggle, if it is squeezed (zooms in) without release and then released, it zooms back out, thereby making the toggle effect only for those who tap it without holding it.

> 2533274816702503;8:
> I use Recon and it felt normal (for halo) to click the stick and be zoomed out, then be de-scoped when I got shot and have to click it back in. My friend told me that you could just hold the LT down and it will zoom you right back in after getting shot. This feels a little OP to me as I have to click the stick, but they can just keep the trigger pulled. I feel like there should be a delay before it scopes them back in.

There was/is a delay. There was a bug on the death cam that made it look like the opponent may have been snap-scopping repeatedly, but there was no insta-return to scope from being descoped.

And as mentioned, there are multiple control schemes to use. I prefer the one’s where I don’t have to take my thumbs off the sticks to shoot, melee, jump or 'nade.
… Getting the Elite controller will certainly make choosing another scheme possible over Bumper Jumper… A control scheme that has the advantage of mobile+agile offense.

At this point in Halo almost everything should/could have a toggle .

Thats what i would like to see

> 2533274906156262;6:
> > 2533274895450298;5:
> > I remember smart-scope being a toggle when I played the beta, at least when it was set to right stick.
>
>
> Really!?, if so then their should be a option for people that are going to be using LT to have it toggled

The option was there in options. And you could make the control scheme like that of the original halo’s. Though I kept it default

I just discovered this because of the Halo MCC forums, but did you know that the left trigger zoom appeared in Halo 4 and is in Halo MCC. I switched to it and Halo 1-4 plays really well with the control the control scheme with abilities/equipment as LB, zoom LT, grenade RB, and melee right stuck

Took some getting used to, my brain sees Halo and immediately goes to using the control scheme I used for 14 years. but once I got use to it, went back to playing battlefield 4 for a few hours, it felt great. I can seemlessly go from halo, to battlefield, to titanfall without having to do any mental rewiring in my head. I can jump from one game to the next and go to killing people without difficulties thay I get because of different control scheme.

Yeah i’ve grown to dislike CoD sense the days of Black Ops. But I have to hand it to Infinity Ward for discovering one of the best shooter control schemes in the world.

Just change your control scheme. You can use Lt to zoom in every game in MCC aswell

Yeah, people don’t have to fuss about ss being so like ads when they can just use the Recon button scheme and set zoom for toggle. That’s how I played the beta.

In the Beta I was using LT to throw grenades?