Smartglass app not working on Windows Phone 8

I have a shiny new HTC 8X with Windows Phone 8. Smartglass sees that I’m playing Halo 4 and tries to launch the Halo 4 Stats app… then gives a message about “browser not supported”. I did a search and there are people at Xbox.com’s forums with Lumia 920s that are giving the same message. Any idea why neither of the flagship Windows 8 phones can access the Smartglass app for Halo 4?

im having a similar problem with my Advent Vega running ICS with Halo:Waypoint

thus far i have tried the following browsers in order to get past the problem:

• Opera
  • Opera Mini
  • Firefox
  • Default Android Browser
  • Dolphin
  • Dolphin+ (optimized beta for Tablets)

thus far no go and worse than that Waypoint still shows my Halo:Reach Spartan rather than my Halo 4 Spartan and even something as simple checking stats results in a Halo:waypoint crash.

can somebody at least tell me what browser IS compatible with the waypoint mobile app or better yet update it.

Try Internet Explorer, remember that this is, Microsoft.

I’m just going to add more salt to the wound.

It works on my iPhone absolutely fine!

:wink:

This still does not work on Smartlgass on Windows Phone. What gives 343? It works on Android and iOS but not your own parent company’s product?

The ditching of Waypoint on Windows Phone now this makes me leary of whats in store.

Great news! Windows Phone 7.5 and 8, as well as Windows 8 desktops can now access the Halo 4 Stats App using SmartGlass.