Smart scope seems to effect spread...

I decided to test the assult rifle in custom games to make sure there was no change between hipfire and smart scope, turns out there is!

There is avwey small but definite change in spread when scoped on auto magic weapons at least. Not that it bothers me that much but I though we were promised smart scope was purely cosmetic?
Try it for yourself if you want to see.

I tested it myself with the AR, BR, Magnum and SMG.

The Magnum has no difference what-so-ever, So that’s in the clear.

The others do.

The BRs horizontal spread remains the same, While the Vertical spread is tightened significantly.

The AR Vertical spread remains the same, while the horizontal spread is tightened by a small amount. It also has recoil.

The SMG has no recoil and has a significant spread reduction across the board.

After learning this, I hopped into Warzone to test out some weapons. The Projection SMG is freaking lethal in Smart Scope.

Not exactly classic Halo in terms of scoping. But at least Descope is here. Cant imagine this even remotely working without it.

> 2533274836967617;2:
> I tested it myself with the AR, BR, Magnum and SMG.
>
> The Magum has no difference what-so-ever, So thats in the clear.
>
> The others do.
>
> The BRs horizontal spread remains the same, While the Vertical spread is tighted significantly.
>
> The AR Vertical spread remains the same, while the horizontal spread is tighted by a small amount. It also has recoil.
>
> The SMG has no recoil and has a significant spread reduction accross the board.
>
> After learning this, I hopped into Warzone to test out some weapons. The Projection SMG is freaking leathal in Smart Scope.
>
> Not exactly classic Halo in terms of scoping. But at least Descope is here. Cant imagine this even remotely working without it.

Glad someone tested it more indepth than me XD it doesn’t really bother me that much but I was sure they said this wouldn’t be the case?

do you have a youtube video for that?

> 2743710844421779;4:
> do you have a youtube video for that?

Nope but it takes like 5 second to go and test yourself. I can go and record it myself if you want?

Yeah, I’d need a video of that or I’m calling observer bias. Far as I know, it’s been explicitly stated by 343i that smart scoping does NOT affect accuracy. Note that I’m not calling anyone a liar, I just like empirical evidence when someone’s trying to refute a stated fact.

> 2533274816376242;6:
> Yeah, I’d need a video of that or I’m calling observer bias. Far as I know, it’s been explicitly stated by 343i that smart scoping does NOT affect accuracy. Note that I’m not calling anyone a liar, I just like empirical evidence when someone’s trying to refute a stated fact.

Recording one now

Beta had the same stuff with the scope. H2A did as well, and that game was fine.

> 2533274816376242;6:
> Yeah, I’d need a video of that or I’m calling observer bias. Far as I know, it’s been explicitly stated by 343i that smart scoping does NOT affect accuracy. Note that I’m not calling anyone a liar, I just like empirical evidence when someone’s trying to refute a stated fact.

It was EXPLICITLY specifically stated by 343i that Smart Link does affect spread:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-12-digging-deeper-into-halo-5-guardians-new-smart-scope-and-spartan-abilities

> **So broadly the damage is the same. Can you give me an example of a behavioural change between hip-fire and Smart Scope?**Tim Longo: Spread. Spread of bullets.
> Josh Holmes: For example, the SMG, which you might have used, when you free-fire it, it has a very wide spread. When you go into Smart Scope there’s a slight narrowing of the spread.

> 2603643534597848;9:
> > 2533274816376242;6:
> > Yeah, I’d need a video of that or I’m calling observer bias. Far as I know, it’s been explicitly stated by 343i that smart scoping does NOT affect accuracy. Note that I’m not calling anyone a liar, I just like empirical evidence when someone’s trying to refute a stated fact.
>
>
> It was specifically stated by 343i that Smart Link does affect spread:
> http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-12-digging-deeper-into-halo-5-guardians-new-smart-scope-and-spartan-abilities
>
>
> > So broadly the damage is the same. Can you give me an example of a behavioural change between hip-fire and Smart Scope?
> > Tim Longo: Spread. Spread of bullets.
> >
> > Josh Holmes: For example, the SMG, which you might have used, when you free-fire it, it has a very wide spread. When you go into Smart Scope there’s a slight narrowing of the spread.

Didn’t know about this, sorry but that kinda sucks.

> 2603643534597848;9:
> > 2533274816376242;6:
> > Yeah, I’d need a video of that or I’m calling observer bias. Far as I know, it’s been explicitly stated by 343i that smart scoping does NOT affect accuracy. Note that I’m not calling anyone a liar, I just like empirical evidence when someone’s trying to refute a stated fact.
>
>
> It was EXPLICITLY specifically stated by 343i that Smart Link does affect spread:
> http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-12-digging-deeper-into-halo-5-guardians-new-smart-scope-and-spartan-abilities
>
>
> > **So broadly the damage is the same. Can you give me an example of a behavioural change between hip-fire and Smart Scope?**Tim Longo: Spread. Spread of bullets.
> > Josh Holmes: For example, the SMG, which you might have used, when you free-fire it, it has a very wide spread. When you go into Smart Scope there’s a slight narrowing of the spread.

Cool, that’s why I said “far as I know”. Clearly I was wrong; it’s not the first time and it won’t be the last. Cheers for the info guys and/or girls.

I guess this is balanced via descope. The only way it will help is with uncontested battles.