Smart scope and sprint delay/lag

Hey guys, first time posting here. I’m having a very strange problem that seems insignificant but is really messing up the game for me. I can’t find anything about it so I was hoping you guys could help me out. Ever since the new Xbox UI rolled out, I’ve been having lag when trying to sprint or use smart scope. There is a slight delay between when I press the button and when the action registers on my screen, sort of like playing on a tv with a bad refresh rate (I play on a monitor so it’s not that). I tried remapping smart scope to different buttons but it has the same delay regardless. All the other actions have no delay.

It’s specific to my console, and has nothing to do with my controller. I’ve tested this on my friend’s Xbox with my controller with no problems, and then tested his controller on my Xbox and it has the problem. It also appears specific to Halo 5 since I tried it with Destiny and Fallout with no problems. I have tried hard resetting and updating my controller to no avail. Is anyone else running into this?

I have the same button lag issues, especially with sprint and melee.

Did you ever solve this? I have the same issue.

Have you guys tried to use a cord to connect the console to controller to rule out wireless lag/interference? If so, have you all ruled out input lag? There is a lot of confusion on g2g (response) lag and input lag.