Smart Scope Aim Assist exploit

AIM ASSIST ON SCOPING NEEDS TO GO

When one zooms in with a weapon, such as the battle rifle, their crosshair moves to the head of any enemy near them, if they are aiming vaguely close. This needs to go.

People in matchmaking now zoom in and out constantly during BR shootouts to easily land their shots, exploiting this aim assist easily with left trigger being zoom in, allowing the player to easily descope and scope rapidly and without affecting their aim like it would before on right stick.

This is irrefutably an exploit and I am flabbergasted by the lack of attention brought to this, essentially, second rate aim bot, that plagues matchmaking.*
Why hasn’t this been addressed?
(*Well it’s very common to see people doing in onyx league when I’m often matched with gold to a few semi pro players, I cannot speak so much for other leagues)

This has been confirmed to be a bug with the Killcam not an actual gameplay exploit. There is not smart scope auto aim assist. Just try it for yourself

I’ve seen this in kill cam, I always thought it was just the kill cam glitching out. Haven’t noticed it in any other sense though. If it is true that it works, then it 100% needs to be fixed.

Kill cam is worthless. Needs to go.

People have been saying its a glitch with the kill cam, however I am starting to believe it is a glitch tied to the default controller setting

Default controller has the ADS button mapped to LT, so when someone holds down LT they scope in (ala COD) the problem with this is when they get shot and decsoped, because they are still holding LT they automatically go back into scope…

Now this on its own sounds like no problem to most (I disagree since it gives a clear advantage to those who use default settings) but from what I have seen every time these people are knocked out of scope, their next shot when rescoped is a headshot

I wish I had saved the clip to upload it, as proof.

Everytime they are knocked out of scope, they immediately scope back in because of holding LT and the subsequent shot is always a head shot which honestly feels/looks like ADS snap to target (much like the cod series, when you aim near an enemy and scope in it automatically centers on the enemy)

Thoughts?

> 2533274832130936;5:
> People have been saying its a glitch with the kill cam, however I am starting to believe it is a glitch tied to the default controller setting
>
> Default controller has the ADS button mapped to LT, so when someone holds down LT they scope in (ala COD) the problem with this is when they get shot and decsoped, because they are still holding LT they automatically go back into scope…
>
> Now this on its own sounds like no problem to most (I disagree since it gives a clear advantage to those who use default settings) but from what I have seen every time these people are knocked out of scope, their next shot when rescoped is a headshot
>
> I wish I had saved the clip to upload it, as proof.
>
> Everytime they are knocked out of scope, they immediately scope back in because of holding LT and the subsequent shot is always a head shot which honestly feels/looks like ADS snap to target (much like the cod series, when you aim near an enemy and scope in it automatically centers on the enemy)
>
> Thoughts?

Aiming back in is still a toggle. You have to re-press L trigger. It won’t zoom back in just b/c you are holding it. What people are experiencing is that the H5 hit box for the head is currently a little too big. Josh Holmes said they looked into it and its just a killcam issue, and that there is no Zoom auto aim to head

Yep, H5’s killcam has the same problems as COD’s killcam, it doesn’t show you what actually happened, yet another reason they need to go.

> 2533274807858554;6:
> > 2533274832130936;5:
> > People have been saying its a glitch with the kill cam, however I am starting to believe it is a glitch tied to the default controller setting
> >
> > Default controller has the ADS button mapped to LT, so when someone holds down LT they scope in (ala COD) the problem with this is when they get shot and decsoped, because they are still holding LT they automatically go back into scope…
> >
> > Now this on its own sounds like no problem to most (I disagree since it gives a clear advantage to those who use default settings) but from what I have seen every time these people are knocked out of scope, their next shot when rescoped is a headshot
> >
> > I wish I had saved the clip to upload it, as proof.
> >
> > Everytime they are knocked out of scope, they immediately scope back in because of holding LT and the subsequent shot is always a head shot which honestly feels/looks like ADS snap to target (much like the cod series, when you aim near an enemy and scope in it automatically centers on the enemy)
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> Aiming back in is still a toggle. You have to re-press L trigger. It won’t zoom back in just b/c you are holding it. What people are experiencing is that the H5 hit box for the head is currently a little too big. Josh Holmes said they looked into it and its just a killcam issue, and that there is no Zoom auto aim to head

Josh holmes also said there was no flinch in the game and that ADS was purely cosmetic, so you will forgive me if I don’t 100% believe him
I guess the only real way to test this will be in custom games when the game is released

That being said I do hope it is what you said and only a kill cma glitch, altho I honestly believe if they can’t get the kill cams to work properly they should just take them out completely

True
this must go

> 2533274832130936;5:
> People have been saying its a glitch with the kill cam, however I am starting to believe it is a glitch tied to the default controller setting
>
> Default controller has the ADS button mapped to LT, so when someone holds down LT they scope in (ala COD) the problem with this is when they get shot and decsoped, because they are still holding LT they automatically go back into scope…
>
> Now this on its own sounds like no problem to most (I disagree since it gives a clear advantage to those who use default settings) but from what I have seen every time these people are knocked out of scope, their next shot when rescoped is a headshot
>
> I wish I had saved the clip to upload it, as proof.
>
> Everytime they are knocked out of scope, they immediately scope back in because of holding LT and the subsequent shot is always a head shot which honestly feels/looks like ADS snap to target (much like the cod series, when you aim near an enemy and scope in it automatically centers on the enemy)
>
> Thoughts?

Yeah, you’re wrong. It still happens even with players who use right stick to zoom.

> 2535425310804235;10:
> > 2533274832130936;5:
> > People have been saying its a glitch with the kill cam, however I am starting to believe it is a glitch tied to the default controller setting
> >
> > Default controller has the ADS button mapped to LT, so when someone holds down LT they scope in (ala COD) the problem with this is when they get shot and decsoped, because they are still holding LT they automatically go back into scope…
> >
> > Now this on its own sounds like no problem to most (I disagree since it gives a clear advantage to those who use default settings) but from what I have seen every time these people are knocked out of scope, their next shot when rescoped is a headshot
> >
> > I wish I had saved the clip to upload it, as proof.
> >
> > Everytime they are knocked out of scope, they immediately scope back in because of holding LT and the subsequent shot is always a head shot which honestly feels/looks like ADS snap to target (much like the cod series, when you aim near an enemy and scope in it automatically centers on the enemy)
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> Yeah, you’re wrong. It still happens even with players who use right stick to zoom.

I guess we will have to wait and see, hopefully it is justa kill cam glitch because if its not then we might have problems

It’s not a glitched kill cam. The sniper will automatically aim for the head resulting in quick scoping. It’s really really really bad and makes me not want to jump back into the beta.

RIf this is true that’s whh I’ve been doing so poorly lately. I am an onyx in slayer and the day before I took a 2 day break I usually went anywhere between1.5-2 kd wise. Then after the break I literally lost every gunfight and idk it’s like everyone was hitting me with every shot. It was really frustrating. Even though I play for fun I still get mad when I do bad. I usually went .7-1.3 kd wise. If that bug is the case then I understand. If not idk why I got so bad within 2 days

> 2533274832130936;5:
> People have been saying its a glitch with the kill cam, however I am starting to believe it is a glitch tied to the default controller setting
>
> Default controller has the ADS button mapped to LT, so when someone holds down LT they scope in (ala COD) the problem with this is when they get shot and decsoped, because they are still holding LT they automatically go back into scope…
>
> Now this on its own sounds like no problem to most (I disagree since it gives a clear advantage to those who use default settings) but from what I have seen every time these people are knocked out of scope, their next shot when rescoped is a headshot
>
> I wish I had saved the clip to upload it, as proof.
>
> Everytime they are knocked out of scope, they immediately scope back in because of holding LT and the subsequent shot is always a head shot which honestly feels/looks like ADS snap to target (much like the cod series, when you aim near an enemy and scope in it automatically centers on the enemy)
>
> Thoughts?

you’re only half right, i tried a new controller layout from bumper jumper last night (i went to fishstick) and while i inevitably gave up and went back to BJ. holding left trigger to aim, did auto-re-scope me, but it took a few seconds during which time i died or got the kill from the hip, only once or twice did i last long enough to find myself aiming again forgetting that i hadn’t released the trigger, but releasing and re-applying the trigger let me re-scope faster.

I’ve seen it too. But I’ve done it…and it doesn’t work for me. Like ya, I’ll constantly scope back in during my BR battles…because that’s what people have always done in Halo. It doesn’t snap to head. It never does for me…I mean…if my aim is good I can snap it back to their head. But it’s by no means an auto target or anything. FYI I play Bumper Jumper