Smart Link

Does anyone else really like Smart Link? I thoroughly enjoy having it.

I love it!

What is smart link?

> 2533274936843840;3:
> What is smart link?

The non-scope zoom in.

I miss my Spartan binoculars :frowning:

I mean, it literally changed nothing other than the aesthetics of scoping and made it more realistic, so, yeah. I enjoy it.

I like how it gives automatics a zoom.

If we went back to how it used to be I wouldn’t complain.

not a big fan,always felt that certain weapons had a scope cuz it made sense, everythign having a scope is kinda meh…but ok, its not a big issue for me so i just ignore it…

im used to the older halos so i still dont scope when using weapons which did not traditionally have a zoom…not by choice, only by habit…railgun is an exception tho, im incredibly grateful for the zoom function, helps with boss takedowns from a distance in warzone games

I love it. Though it’s rather redundant when it’s on and you’re still bringing scopes up to bear to your helmeted eyes. Still, it’s great that it was brought to the forefront and you feel more like a super soldier.

I liked it better when only scoped weapons can zoom…but I won’t complain about it.

> 2535447480293666;4:
> > 2533274936843840;3:
> > What is smart link?
>
>
> The non-scope zoom in.

I always thought it was just called “aiming down sights”.

I think it’s pointless for non precision weapons.

> 2533274923887646;12:
> > 2535447480293666;4:
> > > 2533274936843840;3:
> > > What is smart link?
> >
> >
> > The non-scope zoom in.
>
>
> I always thought it was just called “aiming down sights”.

The old way of scoping in was smart link. The new way is smart scope

> 2533274826919611;8:
> If we went back to how it used to be I wouldn’t complain.

I think I would. I’ve gotten so accustomed to Halo 5’s gameplay that when I switch over to an older game, it really affects my skill.

I guess Halo is just evolving. I like the feature personally, but Halo will never be what it was. It feels like the “tight aim” you used to see in the older FPS games like Perfect Dark, Time Splitters, Battlefield Bad Company etc.

It’s pretty dumb. Just makes autos stronger.

I’m not a big fan on it, actually I hate it on weapons like the BR, pistol, Carbine, boltshot etc. I’m ok with it on the Needler, Lightrifle and a few other ones. I just feel the old style zoom is just superior in everyway and gave halo a unique feel as well in that area. Something that it’s lost now IMO. I also don’t think it makes that much sense having it on the autos. It gives them pretty crazy range I feel. The saw is beyond amazing in Halo 5. I would rather the autos lose the dumb ADS and just have them strong. Halo 4 did the AR right I think.

I would just like an option to be able to use the old zoom style instead of the new ADS style zoom. I’m a Spartan, I should be able to have my HUD/zoom style the way I want it, just saying :slight_smile:

> 2533274811058251;1:
> Does anyone else really like Smart Link? I thoroughly enjoy having it.

I like it, it feels very natural.

It shouldn’t be applied to all weapons TBH. Some of them you just dont need it on (like the SMG or the Plasma Pistol).