small things that would make halo 4 better

a big flame war is going on these forums. stuff like the ranking system, bloom or no bloom, br or dmr, loadouts and AAs have divided the halo 4 community in 2 camps. thats why ill leave that stuff out in this topic and instead focus on the small things that would make halo 4 alot better

1)have overshield and active camo on the maps
ive never met someone who doesnt like to have the active camo or the overshield on the maps. picking up active camo and knowing that im the only one on the map with it is the best feeling ever

2)the spawn system
the halo 3 system was great and gave the player a fair and balanced spawn most of the times. ive never had a really bad spawn in halo 3 or had someone spawn near me. but the respawn system got tweaked in reach for some reason and alot of weird spawns occures. people spawning behind you and other -Yoink- spawns almost never happened in halo 3 but they tend to happen alot in reach

3)drop spawns on all weapons
its so annoying when a weapon spawn glitches and it doesnt spawn when it should. if all weapons had a drop spawn those random factors would be eliminated

4)more symmetrical maps
halo 4 should have good mix of symmetrical and asymmetrical maps. gametypes like ctf or assault needs symmetrical maps to work properly.the amount of symmetrical maps has decreased after halo 2 which makes slayer gametypes playing a bigger role in halo games instead of the objective gametypes.

5)reduce the blast radius and splash damage on the frag grenades and the rocket launcher
back in halo 2 people could run around with 4 frag grenades and it would still not be the overused nadefest as it is in the social playlists in halo 3 or reach in general.
the rocket launchers blast radius and splash damage should be decreased. it has gone from being a somewhat skillful weapon in halo 2 to the nobrainer weapon it is in reach now.

6)increased jump height and maybe bring back ghost jumps and ghost edges
tactical jumps adds a skillgap in a good way and allows you to move around the map in unique and effective ways. we havent seen as much tactical jumps in halo reach compared to the trilogy because of the smaller jump height and (correct me if im wrong) the removal of ghosts.different jumping techniques like ghost jumps and edges,slide jumps, curve jumps and ramp jumps etc should play a bigger role in halo 4 which would create even crazier ways to move around the maps. i also miss my ninjas :frowning:

sorry for bashing on reach and praising halo 2 but halo 2 was the most
balanced halo game for a reason(my opinon). reach did alot of things great like the forge,netcode,grenade launcher etc. but also made alot off things wrong

do anyone agree with me?

I don’t know how you can make improvements for a game that hasn’t been released yet, let alone marketed.

> picking up active camo and knowing that im the only one on the map with it is the best feeling ever

You lonely lonely man

sorry meant things that i would like to see in halo 4 which would make it a good game

hope halo 4 has what i like to call “halo physics” like if something happens and causes you to fly across the map for no reason, or your warthog just randomly spins out of control by its self, the things we see on fails of the week, keep halo hilarious!

> hope halo 4 has what i like to call “halo physics” like if something happens and causes you to fly across the map for no reason, or your warthog just randomly spins out of control by its self, the things we see on fails of the week, keep halo hilarious!

So in other words, you want Halo 4 to be glitchy to the point where you die for no reason when you shouldn’t? Call me a pessimist if you want, but I preferred it when you wouldn’t die for no reason like that. From what I remember, Reach is the only Halo game to feature such glitches anyway.

Everything is just opinion. In fact i would mind a bit if they made AAs in halo 4

I think the AAs were really fun. I dont even mind Armor Lock. That was fun for me.
(I dont use i very much at all though.) Everyone should just stop crying about it.

Atleast halo isnt like COD where its the same game every time.

> Everything is just opinion. In fact i would mind a bit if they made AAs in halo 4
>
> I think the AAs were really fun. I dont even mind Armor Lock. That was fun for me.
> (I dont use i very much at all though.) Everyone should just stop crying about it.
>
> Atleast halo isnt like COD where its the same game every time.

They should. The claim that it’s sooo OP and “a game winning clinch” is just laughable. Me, Math and Blitze beat out 2 games in a row (one game I did absolutely atrocious too) against full AL’ers.

People just gotta win ALLL the time. /sarcasm

> > hope halo 4 has what i like to call “halo physics” like if something happens and causes you to fly across the map for no reason, or your warthog just randomly spins out of control by its self, the things we see on fails of the week, keep halo hilarious!
>
> So in other words, you want Halo 4 to be glitchy to the point where you die for no reason when you shouldn’t? Call me a pessimist if you want, but I preferred it when you wouldn’t die for no reason like that. From what I remember, Reach is the only Halo game to feature such glitches anyway.

it happens very rarely for each person well for me anyway, and it dosnt anger me if i get a few laughs out of it, so to be honest yes i hope we encounter some of these random moments and glitches sometimes and i dont just mean glitches or bug, i mean for example ive seen in campaign or firefight a hunter goes to hit you with its shield and misses and whacks a grunt instead and it flies into the air at a ridiculous height and speed,funny AI moments.

> > > hope halo 4 has what i like to call “halo physics” like if something happens and causes you to fly across the map for no reason, or your warthog just randomly spins out of control by its self, the things we see on fails of the week, keep halo hilarious!
> >
> > So in other words, you want Halo 4 to be glitchy to the point where you die for no reason when you shouldn’t? Call me a pessimist if you want, but I preferred it when you wouldn’t die for no reason like that. From what I remember, Reach is the only Halo game to feature such glitches anyway.<mark>
[/quote]
it happens very rarely for each person well for me anyway, and it dosnt anger me if i get a few laughs out of it, so to be honest yes i hope we encounter some of these random moments and glitches sometimes.</mark>
> > <mark>
[/quote]
</mark>
> >
> > I 110% agree. Halo wouldn’t be Halo without Halo physics! So what if you get killed when you shouldn’t every once in a blue moon? I’m very competitive, but if I hit a land mine and go spinning waaaay out of control, I don’t scream and moan, I just laugh and yell ‘Did you see that!?’