Small suggestion: Allow us to change game vol

Not sure if this is the right place to put in suggestions for 343 to see and possibly consider. If it is in the wrong place, I’m sorry.

My suggestion is give us an option in the video/sound menu to lower the game volume. My problem is that I don’t have individual control over game volume and voice chat volume. What I always do with games I play is lower the games volume so it is low enough when compared to the in game chat and then crank up the overall volume so everything is in sync. Currently there is no control over the game volume in the Halo 4 menu, so I’m pretty screwed as I can barely hear anyones voice chat over the game itself.

I don’t know how hard it would be to implement this. Hopefully it is something feasible that 343 will see and consider. Other than this small nuance, I am loving the game!

I want volume control, too. I like to turn down the game volume, so I can listen to music. Hopefully a volume controle option will be implemented in the next TU.

Agreed.

Halo 4 ought to have been the first Halo console game to offer this.

I really hope it is something they can add in a title update. Would make me very happy :smiley:

I agree with this, please add this functionality in!

I have my xbox sound going through my PC and out to my sennheiser PC360 to get virtual surround sound from my sound card but my in-game volume is too high so I can’t hear my friends very well.

Agreed.

Break it down into three categories.

–Music Volume
–Sound FX
–Dialogue

100% Agreed. Even in MW3 that doesn’t let you control separate categories, it at least has a master volume.
I play with headphones on, so I have to have voice chat through the “speakers,” and I can still talk through the microphone. This has worked great on all the Call of Duty games, but now with Halo 4 I can’t hear anyone in my party.
Also, it is important to point out that the option in the Xbox guide to change voice and game volume is useless, because all it does it turn down the game volume while people are talking, and even then only if they are talking loud enough to trigger it, so the volume keeps going up and down and it’s a bit disorienting.
It really can’t be that much work just to put a volume slider in the options, can it?

Please add this, it’s really annoying for people who have headsets - I can’t hear anyone in my party. Allow us to turn down the music/fx/voice volume separately, please!

my issue isn’t even with party chat as i do not sit in party chat while i play campaigns. my issue is i can NOT hear the voice actors of the sound effects or the music. I am 3 chapters in and have no earthly clue as to wtf is happening. really annoying because it takes away for the single player experience. i have a tb xp500 headset and even went in and did some eq fixes hear and there but it is still horrible. not having volume controls is just lazy.

> Agreed.
>
> Break it down into three categories.
>
> --Music Volume
> --Sound FX
> --Dialogue

This! I can barely hear what people are saying in Campaign over the music. An option to adjust the volume would be greatly appreciated.

100% agree on this as well. I have a broken headset, I can talk… but I can’t hear them, so I have to play audio through my speakers (Which is impossible since I can’t lower the game volume)

I just can’t hear the musics…Why do we can’t modify FX/Dialogue/musics volume ??? I want more musics and less explosions and others noises :[

Hi… Need volume control too… Pleeeeeeaaaaase
Thanks…

> Agreed.
>
>
> --Music Volume
> --Sound FX
> --Dialogue

Bungie used to freak out and cry if you tried to do custom soundtracks in their games by punishing you by removing dialog and music etc. With this game, it removes all the music. My point is, that they feel that their audio settings are SO awesome that if you want to change them up for your tastes in any way, it’s sacrilege.

My headset lets me do that :smiley:

+1

I find it a little too presumptuous on their part in omitting something as important as the ability to customize volumes. There is no such thing as one size fits all in the realm of auditory perception.

Agree!

One more, this option is very important coz the are too many people playing with headset…

Agreed proper volume controls please… or continue to ingore us and prove that you are really a useless bunch of devs.

> Agreed.
>
>
> --Music Volume
> --Sound FX
> --Dialogue