Small Radar doesn't work with the lack of Mics

I would be fine if I could run with a full team every single time to make call-outs but Halos player base has gotten older. We have gotten jobs and responsibility and can’t all be on at the same time. The Halos before have had better radars to compensate for the lack of call-outs. I remember being able to hang in the 45-50 ranks by myself with randoms because the radar wasn’t useless, mics seemed to be everywhere, and people didn’t quit when the going got tough. As it sits right now, mics seem to be nowhere to be found. Now, I am not saying I could do much better if the radar was comparable to previous Halos but it wouldn’t make it so hard to compete when you don’t have a full team. Keep in mind I play in the Platinum to Onyx range. Radar use to be that thing that let you know when you were getting swarmed and gave you a split second to make a decision. Now, that split second is gone, kill speeds times seem to be 1-2 seconds, and no one seems to have a mic because, “They’ve had a bad experience once”. I don’t know what else to say anymore. I’m really finding it hard to keep going back to Halo 5 because of its current state. Don’t get me wrong, I have fun playing Halo 5 but I’m not as willing to get on by myself because I know that a team will walk through four randoms with 1 Mic total and the high chance that one of the randoms might quit.
Note: I do play Warzone from time to time but all it takes is a few Boss kill steals to lose a match and I’ve had enough.

Preach. You’re most likely way more skilled than I, but I don’t even play to an average k/d because I get swarmed left and right all the time and I don’t have to skill to still come out on top in that situation anymore. That’s why I pretty much stay away from the slayer playlist because my team gets mad at me for playing poorly even though they are lucky if they manage a 1.0 k/d. I’ve moved my focus to fallout 4 and MCC( when I have the patience for the wait time) because I just don’t enjoy myself with this game. Doesn’t help the campaign doesn’t interest me enough to go back and play that on occasion either.

as much as i hate to say it

the call outs in MP from the “players” help those without mics

i dont understand why they included this in ranked gameplay…

it seems they want this halo to be super competitive but adding stuff like that is like a step in the casual direction

i just dont understand it sometimes

I go solo in warzones sometimes, Better to have friends that play ranked playlists and do call outs, I never go solo in ranked,

As far as I’m concerned. The radar is all but useless given the spartan charge ability. I still play MCC and the game flow is totally different in MCC to what it is in H5. In the other games its quite easy to find enemies to confront them. In H5, you can move around the maps for a while before finding anybody. there have been a few times that time ran out because neither team got to reach the final score because nobody could find each other. Its not much fun when you spend half your time just looking for the enemy.

> 2533274825101441;5:
> As far as I’m concerned. The radar is all but useless given the spartan charge ability. I still play MCC and the game flow is totally different in MCC to what it is in H5. In the other games its quite easy to find enemies to confront them. In H5, you can move around the maps for a while before finding anybody. there have been a few times that time ran out because neither team got to reach the final score because nobody could find each other. Its not much fun when you spend half your time just looking for the enemy.

That’s impressive considering the maps are pretty small at least in my opinion. And the TTK is fairly low at least from what everyone has been saying (I just play the game don’t keep up with all the statistics).

Team mates in team games should act as teams.

> Team mates in team games should act as teams.

I agree, but we cant change if some people are going to have a mic or not but what can be changed is the radar distance and the penalty’s for quitting.

Not even simply q mic issue. Motion tracker should be higher

> 2533274824485044;8:
> > Team mates in team games should act as teams.
>
>
> I agree, but we cant change if some people are going to have a mic or not but what can be changed is the radar distance and the penalty’s for quitting.

Agreed. Also, some improvements to communication.

> Not even simply q mic issue. Motion tracker should be higher

Agreed, especially since movement speed is at an all time high. It just makes sense to at least have it on par with past radars.

I’m all for the small radar, however I do agree that it only works better when people are on that use callouts. Luckily I do play with people I know so I don’t have these problems, but you are right.

Add people who use mics, problem solved.

Radar is fine in this game. Makes it easy to flank people and surprise them.

> Add people who use mics, problem solved.

When I find them, they are either in a party chat or non-responsive.

> Radar is fine in this game. Makes it easy to flank people and surprise them.

That’s why it needs to be fixed. Flanking is way to easy against a team that isn’t a squad. In every other Halo there was a little bit of response time when it came to someone flanking you. That is what separates it from COD, longer kill times and a chance to fight back even when the opposing team gets the first shot off. Its sad to say but Halo has never been more COD-esque in its current state.

I prefer no radar whatsoever. And I don’t want to speak to anyone nor do I want to hear what anyone else has to say.

Having said that - I was hoping Halo 5’s Spartan chatter was going to function like a gears 3 styled call-out feature, but expressed via the spartan chatter. Unfortunately it does not work that way. I thought that would have been a great way to bring pro-like call out functionality to the masses.

Don’t bother playing Area then, play the more casual Warzone.

> Don’t bother playing Area then, play the more casual Warzone.

I play competitively no matter what the playlist is and adding more randoms without mics will not solve the problem.

> 2664629779537129;16:
> Don’t bother playing Area then, play the more casual Warzone.

Too bad warzone is nothing but 12 man squads Yoinking! on random players. If you want to get destroyed, then go ahead and play warzone with a casual mindset.

> 2610345319735860;15:
> I prefer no radar whatsoever. And I don’t want to speak to anyone nor do I want to hear what anyone else has to say.
>
> Having said that - I was hoping Halo 5’s Spartan chatter was going to function like a gears 3 styled call-out feature, but expressed via the spartan chatter. Unfortunately it does not work that way. I thought that would have been a great way to bring pro-like call out functionality to the masses.

Are you nuts? You play a team based game but don’t want to talk to anyone or be spoken to? But you are annoyed that the game doesn’t pander to your insane concept of what a team game is?! I can bring pro-call out functionality to the masses - IT’S CALLED YOUR VOICE.:roll_eyes:

> 2533274824485044;1:
> Note: I do play Warzone from time to time but all it takes is a few Boss kill steals to lose a match and I’ve had enough.

Totally agree