Slower kill times will make this the best Halo

Seriously, I’m really loving this game. I feel like a true Spartan: I can sprint, jump, climb and make ground pounds. It feels like a classic Arena Halo and map control and team strategy is very important. The only things that need tweaks are the AR and the general kill times (a bit fast in my opinion). The rest I’m fine.

BTW, this is constructive criticism, not like other posts. Be helpful and aid 343 making a good game.

You’re right. I feel like the spartan realy have the physical and technical force that they should have, but yes, we die way to fast. By playing the Halo 3 multiplayer and then the Halo 5 one, killing someone is way different.

But yeah, I think if they reduce the grenade blast area and add a little more armor, It could be the perfect thing.

Agreed, kill times are way too fast.

I think the under lying health should be raised

Kill times have to be fast to accomodate faster map movement. Otherwise people will escape using sprint and thruster with ease. (It would be worse than Halo 4)

They might have to tone down the overall speed of the game first. Logical deduction steers me in that direction.

Thruster would have to be a bit less effective. Sprint speed bonus would have to be knocked down a notch.

Again otherwise you’d move too fast for the new kill times and killing people would be too much of a hassle. The game would play VERY different.

I have no problems with fast kill times but I would LOVE to personally play some matches with a slightly less effective sandbox in dps.

Though perhaps we should just be going the H: CE route and just make all weapons take more skill to use so the fast kill times aren’t consistant across skill ranges.

Longer kill times for those who haven’t mastered the sandbox essentially.

A solution I think would be effective:

(I assume the second bar below the shield is health?)

-Increase Spartans’ health by 10%

-Keep shield strength the same

-Slightly reduce fire rate of precision weapons

By doing this, Spartans will take 10% longer to kill for non precision/automatic weapons, and shots to get a perfect kill (headshot) with precision weapons will remain the same, but will take longer to kill due to reduced fire rate (for a perfect kill, like a 4shot BR), or if a headshot is not scored Spartans’ will survive one more additional shot to their health before dying added on to how many they currently can without shields in Halo 5.

Anyone like the idea? Give your feedback!

EDIT: I’ve heard automatics have bonus headshot damage, which IMO, is way to OP

Agreed

> 2533274868733264;1:
> Seriously, I’m really loving this game. I feel like a true Spartan: I can sprint, jump, climb and make ground pounds. It feels like a classic Arena Halo and map control and team strategy is very important. The only things that need tweaks are the AR and the general kill times (a bit fast in my opinion). The rest I’m fine.
>
> BTW, this is constructive criticism, not like other posts. Be helpful and aid 343 making a good game.

I agree with the AR but most other weapons i felt had good kill times. The SMG is another weapon that needs a slower kill time however. The automatic weapons now make you think twice between them or say a BR when you have a power weapon. That might just be the intent of 343i though. Trying to balance all the weapons.

I don’t feel that slower kill time will improve the game, at first I also thought that you die to fast but 343 wants to speed the game up ano make it fast paced. You need to change how you play. I got owned my first 4 games .2 kid bad but then I started to play hit and run and I feel the game is way more fun now and i do way better 2.5kd a match.

[deleted]

The beta worked just fine. With all the changes people are looking in this forum it would totally be a different game, and not one I would want to buy as it would be no different to the old halos.

I thought Kill times were appropriate for the action and gameplay.

Halo 1 still has faster kill times, the guns just need to be harder to use.

I have to agree. The AR and SMG need to do slightly less damage per bullet and the Precisions’ RoF needs to be slowed down because they can kill people extremely quickly if used correctly. I like fast-paced games, but I feel Halo 5 is a little too fast paced for Halo. I’d also like more aim assist and less bullet magnetism so we have less Spartan seeking bullets too. Oh yea and can we get less aim assist drag on the rocket? Trying to drag the reticule through people to shoot at their feet takes way too long and has caused me to miss.

agreed. Just very slightly though, even just half a second longer.

I agree COMPLETELY!

Yeah I think a little bit of a tuning would be appropriate for Halo 5 I have done some tests of my own of kill times for the Halo games I’ve noticed halo 2 averages about 2.0/ 1.9 seconds for a four shot Br and Halo 5 came to about 1.6/1.5 seconds for a perfect kill with the BR addition of 0.3 seconds could make a world of difference in the gameplay and my opinion.

Just to let you guys and gals known I just use a stopwatch and just started it from the first shot hit the body to the last shot of death with a BR I could be off by just a 0.1 seconds and this is my data so don’t hold it as true.

No.

That would make sprint and thrusters even worse.

The kill times are in line with hce and h2

> 2535440955887524;18:
> No.
>
> That would make sprint and thrusters even worse.
>
> The kill times are in line with hce and h2

THis this this. CE is hailed as one of the smoothest Halo game out there with fast paced action, and its kill time and a pretty substantially bit shorter then halo 5s

> 2533274813583846;5:
> Though perhaps we should just be going the H: CE route and just make all weapons take more skill to use so the fast kill times aren’t consistant across skill ranges.
>
> Longer kill times for those who haven’t mastered the sandbox essentially.

I was going to come in here to say this.

We need fast kill times, but the average kill time should be longer than the kill time of perfect shots. (That would make the perfect medal a lot more meaningful also.)

Things like making the spawn pistol kill in 3-5 bullets, but have it so it takes the average person around 5-7 shots to kill. This mean that the perfect kill time would be just under one second, but the average kill time might be 1.3 - 1.5 seconds.

Short kill times, long average kill times.