Slow “Reach style” assassination animations

If Infinite were to have assassinations, it should really include the slow, but brutal assassination animation like Reach had. In Reach, you could see them pull out a knife from where the knife was kept, and the slowness and smoothness kept it realistic and satisfying when your knife struck the other spartan.

Halo 5 assassinations were okay, I don’t really remember too much choppy animation from that one, but Halo 4 assassinations was too quick, choppy, and staggered a lot, killing some of the realism. It might be because of Reach’s hard detail and tough spartan design, but I figure if Infinite will have a Reach type of customization, it should tie into it really closely and will make it very satisfying to see.

Halo 5’s assassinations I found to be best in the series. My only complaint is that there was less variety in the matches by only picking 1. A random option would be a welcome addition.

Yeah, Halo 5 was a huge improvement over Halo 4’s Assassinations imo. Though, since I’m relatively new to Halo 5 and haven’t gotten a single assassination yet, I can’t say for sure Halo 5 had the best assassination style in my book, but like I said earlier, it has a BIG improvement from 4’s.

Edit: What they should do is implement a combination of Halo 5’s and Halo Reach’s assassination material, but give it Reach’s realism, and Halo 5’s variety. I’d love to see a semi-slow, but brutal ground pound assassination, with each punch being deliberately more powerful each punch.

And if they were to bring back so many assassinations, this would be a perfect time to use the assassination select feature due to so many assassinations being triggered by the same way. What they should do is they should improve the select feature by allowing us to select more than one assassination and it would be depending on how many assassinations are implemented and of coarse how we trigger them. Like they should let us select multiple assassinations instead of one like 5 did. This way, we can use a variety of whatever assassinations we chose instead of seeing the same old ones used over and over again. It allows for better preferencing and it would just be cool to have a bone snapping combination or fighting combination (and when I said “how we trigger them”, I mean by how we can select what type of air assassinations we want to do or whatever type of ground assassinations we choose) ((and I’m not talking about that Mortal Kombat Armageddon type of combo you do all at once, I’m talking about each assassination is a different type of assassination we chose in the menus)).

(((TL;DR: We should select our assassinations, but not just one kind for each assassination, but by a portion of however many there are in total)))

Edit2: All assassinations should be unlocked at the start of the game, no more unlocks by RNG. Just freedom of choice at the start.

Edit3: We should also be able to choose our weapon assassinations. Like if I wanted to choose if I should use the blade on a gravity hammer to kill someone or shove the handle of the Hammer forcefully shoved through the visor, I would love to have that choice of doing so, and unlike 5, I can use more than one type of a weapon assassination on each individual weapon (if they support assassinations) so I can I don’t have to be bored of just using the same one every time.

Meh, as long as they give use the ability to toggle them off, fine. They are gimmicky at best in any form and make you an easy target while performing them.

Assassinations just make you an easy target. I found myself never doing them in Halo:Reach because of it. They either need to be quicker or competitive players wont use them at all.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> Halo 5’s assassinations I found to be best in the series. My only complaint is that there was less variety in the matches by only picking 1. A random option would be a welcome addition.

This!!

> 2533274922885329;5:
> Assassinations just make you an easy target. I found myself never doing them in Halo:Reach because of it. They either need to be quicker or competitive players wont use them at all.

Yup and I agree it is a problem in the competitive scene but I still do them at times, especially if I know the people I’m playing against lol

> 2533274922885329;5:
> Assassinations just make you an easy target. I found myself never doing them in Halo:Reach because of it. They either need to be quicker or competitive players wont use them at all.

When I opt to play comp I will toggle them off myself but I do love them it’s just satisfying to hit someone from behind do a quick animation and then give them a bag or two for good measure.

> 2535470336450595;1:
> If Infinite were to have assassinations, it should really include the slow, but brutal assassination animation like Reach had. In Reach, you could see them pull out a knife from where the knife was kept, and the slowness and smoothness kept it realistic and satisfying when your knife struck the other spartan.
>
> Halo 5 assassinations were okay, I don’t really remember too much choppy animation from that one, but Halo 4 assassinations was too quick, choppy, and staggered a lot, killing some of the realism. It might be because of Reach’s hard detail and tough spartan design, but I figure if Infinite will have a Reach type of customization, it should tie into it really closely and will make it very satisfying to see.

Well lore wise the reach Spartans were spartan es, not as good, fast and deadly as the spartan 2s except for noble 6, and the spartan 4s had upgraded tech and were more futuristic then the spartan 2s, meaning there would be upgrades in speed and other things for their armors.

One thing they really need to improve is the fact that some armor’s in Halo 5 didn’t even have knifes, yet your spartan magically pulls one out for the assassination anyway. Having a customizable knife or assassination tool on your spartan would be pretty cool. I would prefer to have a classic butterfly knife with a steel grip with rose engraves.

> 2535448062173159;9:
> One thing they really need to improve is the fact that some armor’s in Halo 5 didn’t even have knifes, yet your spartan magically pulls one out for the assassination anyway. Having a customizable knife or assassination tool on your spartan would be pretty cool. I would prefer to have a classic butterfly knife with a steel grip with rose engraves.

To the best of my knowledge, the blade spartans use for the assinations comes from within their forearm armor. I dont remember the source, but if true it makes sense.