Slow matchmaking times in New Zealand

Hey Spartans,

Have had a brief look through forum posts and haven’t found a thread relating specifically to New Zealand. I know people are having trouble with matchmaking times but wanting to know if anyone in the NZ/Aus region are experiencing these issues. The only playlists that seem to work for me are Team Slayer and Warzone. I haven’t been able to play anything else as I keep getting the “not enough players” error.

Is there something I can do to improve matchmaking (i.e. Static IP)???

Would love to play some more SWAT and FFA.

Cheers

I’m getting the same problem in NZ. I think it’s just a population issue, not enough people in our region playing those playlists so it can’t start a game… Would be great if it did regional searches first, then international if it can’t find anything. Cos as it stands, I haven’t been able to play Warzone Assault since the update. :frowning:

I have the same issue and can’t find one arena game at diamond or above. It would be nice to play something other than warzone which is the only playlist I can find games in

Man I’m from Australia and having the exact same problem. Have only been able to play one ffa since launch and can normally only get games in warzone at any time. Just can’t play multiplayer during the day here. They need to do something about this

> 2533274847096150;4:
> Man I’m from Australia and having the exact same problem. Have only been able to play one ffa since launch and can normally only get games in warzone at any time. Just can’t play multiplayer during the day here. They need to do something about this

The only thing they could do is let us into US servers. I play with American friends and there is slightly noticeable lag but it isn’t a major issue if it means we can find games.

Yeah I’d rather play with a little bit of lag than not at all. It’s strange though cause I can see people on my friends list that are from aus/nz and they are always in games but I can never find any

I am also encountering the very same problem. Does anyone from 343 actually read these messages and look into the problems we’re encountering?

I’m gonna assume not, it’s been happening to me after the first week. I can’t even find any support email for 343 either. Is there anyway to contact them?

There was this one time where I played FFA and SWAT for a couple of hours. That was a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully this is fixed soon, or they allow matchmaking with overseas players. Lag would be fine. Just don’t wanna be waiting ages between games!

Perhaps if people make enough new posts about this topic we will see some action from 343.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/match-making-issue-for-new-zealand-players/c814bb99-5938-4e03-b1f8-db0a8d48fa7f/posts

i have the same issue, nz Found 2 ffa matches since being ranked after 10 cant find one now.Given up trying now

Today at 9 am, late start at work couldn’t find a match in any playlist big team arena swat even warzone. Had to play campaign.

Found some last evening but non this morning.

Maybe we should all get a custom list going for when we cant find games.

gt s squirrel s

I like that idea. How do we gather all the New Zealand players? Is there a place for us to converge or a way to gather all NZ players? maybe include our “not so good at rugby” Australian players also?

> 2535422340563716;12:
> I like that idea. How do we gather all the New Zealand players? Is there a place for us to converge or a way to gather all NZ players? maybe include our “not so good at rugby” Australian players also?

I think the ranking system might also be at fault. If there were social playlists I don’t think that this would be an issue as everyone can find one another unlike ranked. The only playlist I can find a game in during the day is warzone. At about 6 is when I start finding games in arena playlists. The reason I can find games in Warzone is because it is a social playlist with no ranking system.

Any idea as to why Warzone Assault won’t find matches? Warzone itself is NO problem. But have not found a single Assault game since the update. I’m sure the playlist can’t be EMPTY…

I have been trying to find a match for half an hour on a number of playlists and have not found one single match. Good to know that 343 Industries don’t give a flying f–k about their customers outside of North America.

Why even vent call this section of the forums “support”? It should be named “we have taken your money now go f–k yourself because we refuse to address the fact our matchmaking service sucks monkey c–k for anyone who doesn’t live in the U.S. of A”.

They really stuffed up the parameters for MM big time. Way too much concern for rank more than anything else. I can’t find a game before work (6-8am) on my primary account so I jumped in on a smurf with zero games played… found 6 games in a row very quickly. Must have played too well as I was 6 for 6 and a kda of 8. Now I can’t find a game on that account either and it hasn’t even been ranked yet. GG 343.

> 2533274885352269;15:
> I have been trying to find a match for half an hour on a number of playlists and have not found one single match. Good to know that 343 Industries don’t give a flying f–k about their customers outside of North America.
>
> Why even vent call this section of the forums “support”? It should be named “we have taken your money now go f–k yourself because we refuse to address the fact our matchmaking service sucks monkey c–k for anyone who doesn’t live in the U.S. of A”.

Its also the time of day you search. In the morning its hopeless, its only at about 11 am where I can find warzone games and 5 pm when I can find arena games.

Yeah, I can never find a game before work. Given up trying, don’t even think that’s possible. And I haven’t played anything other than Team Slayer in yonks. Will try Warzone and Warzone Assault tonight.

What is the point of a support forum if none of the issues raised are acknowledged by the game developer?

Yay finally found a forum with problems I’ve been having, it’s so frustrating when I cant find a game I probably spend 20+ minutes trying to find a game that it cant find because it can’t find Spartans to play with -_- I can find a game faster on MCC than Halo 5.