SlipSpace Grenades

How they work? Well for them to be even remotely be effective, these grenades must hit your opponent/teammate like a Pokeball (just for reference). Now, Bare with me…or not.

Idea 1. It’s like a Pokeball, but doesn’t trap your victim. Once it touches he/she, they will be warped into another area of the map randomly. They could Slipspace right behind you or warp into the enemy base. That is a chance you must be willing to take. Players spawn with x3 grenades.

Idea 2. It is essentially a Pokeball, but with a catch of course (ever wondered how Pokemon escape Pokeballs?). Once the victim of your desire is ensnared, they must fight to escape the dimension that they’re sent to. This grenade is for “SELF-Improvement.” In this dimension, the player will have to shoot 25 moving targets down in less than 35 seconds. Should you accomplish such a feat, you will escape the grenade. If you fail to complete the task, you will die and the kill will be rewarded to he who threw it.

Discuss

Idea 2 seems like a bit much for Halo. I like idea 1, but players should not be able to spawn with them; they should be rare map pickups, and you’re only allowed one at a time.

Love your creativity by the way.

I just don’t see it working out but it would be cool

You encounter a wild noob and you are about to finish him off when all of the sudden bam you are halfway across the map.

Idea 1. Cool idea but please oh please don’t let us spawn with them. I would probably get annoyed so quickly by someone using these as a “Oh I am one shot so let me teleport my attacker across the map.” (not to mention we have equal starts so this being a grenade that EVERYONE spawns with would be absolute chaos.)

Idea 2. Meh. I don’t want to be trapped in a slipspace bubble shooting at targets while my enemy sits around waiting for me to get out or fail.

Quick question. Did you get this idea from RvB?

Idea 2 just seems like a big, straight up no.

Idea 1 however seems really interesting. Players shouldn’t be able to spawn with them though and there should be maybe 1 or 2 spawning on the map. Too many of these grenades being around could lead to some frustration when someone teleports behind you and kills you for the fourth time that match.

I’m basically just reiterating what Halojunky said, but I agree with him.

> Idea 2 seems like a bit much for Halo. I like idea 1, but players should not be able to spawn with them; they should be rare map pickups, and you’re only allowed one at a time.
>
> Love your creativity by the way.

Thanks, I actually just came up with this on the fly, because I was bored of the same topics being seen. I also was just trying to stir up a little humor, but certain aspects of what I said can be considered even a little lol.

Edit: Nah, it was never inspired by RvB lol

What about Future Cubes? :wink:

> What about Future Cubes? :wink:

I did reminisce about Tornado Gun before doing this xD

[deleted]

The first idea sounds pretty neat … you can just randomly teleport an enemy across the map with one these grenades?

As much as I like this, and I really do, you know how people want their Halo:

No sprint, no loadouts, no AAs, just Battle Rifles, 4sk, BXR, ect. And this seems to be where we’re headed, so I’d hold off on the clever or fun ideas for Halo 6 maybe.

I must say OP, you have some balls (no pun intended) to go with 2 option that essentially mean no, but in the future you might want to create more Neutral poll option as I remember a study that says if your poll options are not serious many will not take it serious. Anyway back on topic.

> Idea 1. It’s like a Pokeball, but doesn’t trap your victim. Once it touches he/she, they will be warped into another area of the map randomly. They could Slipspace right behind you or warp into the enemy base. That is a chance you must be willing to take. Players spawn with x3 grenades.

Spawning with these type of grenades sounds a bit OP, I rather have it that it is a pickup on the map.
I also see potential problems with forge (no algorithm is perfect and it might put players outside of forge maps that would otherwise be inaccessible but the algorithm believes it is part of the map), perhaps make it so they connect to any teleporter receiving end that is set to Zulu (or a special teleporter receiver that go with the grenade) with an average of 3 of those (one in your base, one in the enemy base and one in the middle) on standard maps?
This way forged maps don’t result in awkward situations where players get teleported to accidental secret rooms and it has an interesting potential for custom games that is controllable.

> Idea 2. It is essentially a Pokeball, but with a catch of course (ever wondered how Pokemon escape Pokeballs?). Once the victim of your desire is ensnared, they must fight to escape the dimension that they’re sent to. This grenade is for “SELF-Improvement.” In this dimension, the player will have to shoot 25 moving targets down in less than 35 seconds. Should you accomplish such a feat, you will escape the grenade. If you fail to complete the task, you will die and the kill will be rewarded to he who threw it.

Is this idea just meant to make the other look way better?
It is an obvious no.

> The first idea sounds pretty neat … you can just randomly teleport an enemy across the map with one these grenades?
>
> As much as I like this, and I really do, you know how people want their Halo:
>
> No sprint, no loadouts, no AAs, just Battle Rifles, 4sk, BXR, ect. And this seems to be where we’re headed, so I’d hold off on the clever or fun ideas for Halo 6 maybe.

Because it cannot be a map pickup in Halo 5, why?

Quite honestly you try to antagonize the classic community but all you do is make a fool out of yourself, we also did not spawn with a plasma pistol in default Halo 3 slayer yet there were fun custom games using its EMP features.

Just because people want equal starts for their MM does not mean the game can be fun.

I…uhhhh. Yeah, I dunno about this. It might be cool to see in RvB though. I can see it now Tucker gets sick of Caboose and tries teleports him away, far away, and he ends up in Red base.

> I must say OP, you have some balls (no pun intended) to go with 2 option that essentially mean no, but in the future you might want to create more Neutral poll option as I remember a study that says if your poll options are not serious many will not take it serious. Anyway back on topic.
>
>
>
> > Idea 1. It’s like a Pokeball, but doesn’t trap your victim. Once it touches he/she, they will be warped into another area of the map randomly. They could Slipspace right behind you or warp into the enemy base. That is a chance you must be willing to take. Players spawn with x3 grenades.
>
> Spawning with these type of grenades sounds a bit OP, I rather have it that it is a pickup on the map.
> I also see potential problems with forge (no algorithm is perfect and it might put players outside of forge maps that would otherwise be inaccessible but the algorithm believes it is part of the map), perhaps make it so they connect to any teleporter receiving end that is set to Zulu (or a special teleporter receiver that go with the grenade) with an average of 3 of those (one in your base, one in the enemy base and one in the middle) on standard maps?
> This way forged maps don’t result in awkward situations where players get teleported to accidental secret rooms and it has an interesting potential for custom games that is controllable.
>
>
>
> > Idea 2. It is essentially a Pokeball, but with a catch of course (ever wondered how Pokemon escape Pokeballs?). Once the victim of your desire is ensnared, they must fight to escape the dimension that they’re sent to. This grenade is for “SELF-Improvement.” In this dimension, the player will have to shoot 25 moving targets down in less than 35 seconds. Should you accomplish such a feat, you will escape the grenade. If you fail to complete the task, you will die and the kill will be rewarded to he who threw it.
>
> Is this idea just meant to make the other look way better?
> It is an obvious no.

These ideas were meant to be a joke. The polls were there to emphasize that, which would explain why some didn’t feel the approach was serious lol. Maybe I didn’t make it obvious enough. On a serious note, I agree with people saying it’d be better as equipment or customs. Them being a default grenade and having plenty at spawn is OP.

I think it’d be cool if you could tweak telenades to warp you to a specific set of areas in Customs. My second idea wasn’t meant to make the 1st look better at all. Thought it’d be hilarious to have pokeball parody in Halo where a player gets captured and has to resist the ball. As far as the animation goes for a player surviving and returning to the battlefield, I haven’t thought of yet.

Well, idea 1 actually sounds pretty cool, though like others said, it would be better as a pick up.

Idea 2 I can’t see fitting into MM.

How about a Cryo Grenade? Large blast radius, it freezes enemies but only when they are close to the center of the blast radius. Upon meleeing a frozen enemy, they shatter into pieces and it results in a kill. However, if you take too long, the armor reacts to the cold and begins to heat up with a backup energy source, making it so your target wouldn’t just stand there forever. It will also freeze the ground around its point of detonation, and if aomeones walk around on the icy ground, they will slip and slide with Crash Bandicoot-style ice physics.

Or what about a Vortex Grenade? Slow detonation timer, it would generate something that loosely resembles a singularity (black hole), pulling in nearby enemies. The closer you are, the stronger the gravity is that’s pulling you in. Then it drains your shielding and health.

Both of these could be like “Power Grenades” like there are “Power Weapons”, meaning they would be very rare and would appear in limited quantity on a map (teams would have to fight for them). Imagine the awesomeness of the Cryo Grenade and the Vortex Grenade. What if they added back the firebombs and made them a bit stronger to fit in with this category of grenades, renaming it the Pyro Grenade. Fire and Ice, metroid-style, plus Black holes.

> How about a Cryo Grenade? Large blast radius, it freezes enemies but only when they are close to the center of the blast radius. Upon meleeing a frozen enemy, they shatter into pieces and it results in a kill. However, if you take too long, the armor reacts to the cold and begins to heat up with a backup energy source, making it so your target wouldn’t just stand there forever. It will also freeze the ground around its point of detonation, and if aomeones walk around on the icy ground, they will slip and slide with Crash Bandicoot-style ice physics.
>
> Or what about a Vortex Grenade? Slow detonation timer, it would generate something that loosely resembles a singularity (black hole), pulling in nearby enemies. The closer you are, the stronger the gravity is that’s pulling you in. Then it drains your shielding and health.
>
> Both of these could be like “Power Grenades” like there are “Power Weapons”, meaning they would be very rare and would appear in limited quantity on a map (teams would have to fight for them). Imagine the awesomeness of the Cryo Grenade and the Vortex Grenade. What if they added back the firebombs and made them a bit stronger to fit in with this category of grenades, renaming it the Pyro Grenade. Fire and Ice, metroid-style, plus Black holes.

If they aren’t close to the center of the radius, then the effects should be slow-motion stiff movement. The freeze and cool down by heat energy sounds nice. He had me laughing at the Crash Bandicoot Ice part. I hate ice in those games lol, but I think a Spartan should commit suicide if they run into wall with too much force or pop shields.

I’ve seen the Vortex grenade proposed before, except that their idea involved violent swirling when caught and a outward explosion of gravity that launches everything into the air. Power drain should do the job of draining shields. X2 power nades would be cool. We have very destructive power weapons placed at fair spawns, that offer a nice amount of ammo. Why not have a few power nades?Or powerballs in this case, pun intended

> > How about a Cryo Grenade? Large blast radius, it freezes enemies but only when they are close to the center of the blast radius. Upon meleeing a frozen enemy, they shatter into pieces and it results in a kill. However, if you take too long, the armor reacts to the cold and begins to heat up with a backup energy source, making it so your target wouldn’t just stand there forever. It will also freeze the ground around its point of detonation, and if aomeones walk around on the icy ground, they will slip and slide with Crash Bandicoot-style ice physics.
> >
> > Or what about a Vortex Grenade? Slow detonation timer, it would generate something that loosely resembles a singularity (black hole), pulling in nearby enemies. The closer you are, the stronger the gravity is that’s pulling you in. Then it drains your shielding and health.
> >
> > Both of these could be like “Power Grenades” like there are “Power Weapons”, meaning they would be very rare and would appear in limited quantity on a map (teams would have to fight for them). Imagine the awesomeness of the Cryo Grenade and the Vortex Grenade. What if they added back the firebombs and made them a bit stronger to fit in with this category of grenades, renaming it the Pyro Grenade. Fire and Ice, metroid-style, plus Black holes.
>
> If they aren’t close to the center of the radius, then the effects should be slow-motion stiff movement. The freeze and cool down by heat energy sounds nice. He had me laughing at the Crash Bandicoot Ice part. I hate ice in those games lol, but I think a Spartan should commit suicide if they run into wall with too much force or pop shields.
>
> I’ve seen the Vortex grenade proposed before, except that their idea involved violent swirling when caught and a outward explosion of gravity that launches everything into the air. Power drain should do the job of draining shields. X2 power nades would be cool. We have very destructive power weapons placed at fair spawns, that offer a nice amount of ammo. Why not have a few power nades?Or powerballs in this case, pun intended

The movement reduction effect sounds pretty cool, so it at least has an effect if you hit the target with the edge of the radius. Sounds like a weapon called the Crylink from this game called Nexuiz/Xonotic, its an energy shotgun that has the side effect of slowing down players, and its often used for matches of CTF. You should definitely play it by the way.

It’d also be pretty hilarious if a Spartan committed suicide by accidentally faceplanting a wall. Frustrating for the player that died. but entertaining for everyone else.

The flare could always be inserted as a power nade, maybe with a little bit less range.

Why not just call them spaceballs?

Teleports the victim to the center of the map, some two miles up in the air. You’re a dead man unless you have a jetpack. Also works on vehicles because honestly, the thought of scorpions and wraiths falling out of the sky and firing wildly as they plummet to their doom is hilarious as -Yoink-.

> Teleports the victim to the center of the map, some two miles up in the air. You’re a dead man unless you have a jetpack. Also works on vehicles because honestly, the thought of scorpions and wraiths falling out of the sky and firing wildly as they plummet to their doom is hilarious as Yoink!.

Yeah I had teleports in mid air in mind, but the chances of that happening to an infantry would be less probable. For vehicles, it’d would be more probable given their durability.

Imagine catching a friendly Wraith and sending your teammate to the opposite base, in the sky lol. Now I have ideas of suicide spawns. Say it sends you, the tank, into a doorway that is too small. Then you just explode lol. I know that would be frustrating, so I think certain cramped spaces should give you 5 secs to escape the vehicles doom.