Slight complaint about killing tanks

No, I’m not hating on halo 5, I in fact am loving it. But I find it very difficult to plant grenades on tanks as half the time I end up in the turret or splattered even though the tank was moving very slowly. Anyone else have this problem?

> 2533274981477006;1:
> No, I’m not hating on halo 5, I in fact am loving it. But I find it very difficult to plant grenades on tanks as half the time I end up in the turret or splattered even though the tank was moving very slowly. Anyone else have this problem?

I’ve been splattered once, but I was stupid and ran into the treads instead of Jumping.

Other then that. Not really. I did have where someone entered my turret and my teammates killed him.

Was that you? Lol

> 2533274981477006;1:
> No, I’m not hating on halo 5, I in fact am loving it. But I find it very difficult to plant grenades on tanks as half the time I end up in the turret or splattered even though the tank was moving very slowly. Anyone else have this problem?

I understand where you’re coming from. I use the same tactic I use in BF4. Don’t just bum rush at the tank, It may work sometimes but 90% of the time it just gets you killed. Just watch them for a bit, when they get distracted by something go in for the plant. 90% you’ll get the kill, 10% of the time you’ll get the assist! :smiley:

I’ve jumped in the turret accidentally twice so far. Atleast the last time I did it, I was able to take out one unsuspecting enemy.

I have to work on boarding from the back.

I have been splattered once when it started backing up going 5mph.

I got splattered by a Mongoose bumping into me at walking speed.

The turret issue’s been a problem for me once or twice. Usually I dont get splattered, cause the tank’s not moving (either its engaging other Spartans or trying to DPS a boss).

> 2533274909680099;3:
> > 2533274981477006;1:
> > No, I’m not hating on halo 5, I in fact am loving it. But I find it very difficult to plant grenades on tanks as half the time I end up in the turret or splattered even though the tank was moving very slowly. Anyone else have this problem?
>
>
> I understand where you’re coming from. I use the same tactic I use in BF4. Don’t just bum rush at the tank, It may work sometimes but 90% of the time it just gets you killed. Just watch them for a bit, when they get distracted by something go in for the plant. 90% you’ll get the kill, 10% of the time you’ll get the assist! :smiley:

Thanks for the advice, but it’s still a lot harder than in previous games. Although when it does work it’s the most satisfying thing!

> 2533274803137071;2:
> > 2533274981477006;1:
> > No, I’m not hating on halo 5, I in fact am loving it. But I find it very difficult to plant grenades on tanks as half the time I end up in the turret or splattered even though the tank was moving very slowly. Anyone else have this problem?
>
>
> I’ve been splattered once, but I was stupid and ran into the treads instead of Jumping.
>
> Other then that. Not really. I did have where someone entered my turret and my teammates killed him.
>
> Was that you? Lol

Lol I’ve done it quite a few times so it really could have been me

Need more time taking them on. So far I do not like how little damage they seem to take for shooting you off of their front with the turret from the splash. The timing from boarding to planting a 'nade seemed a bit long.
But again, need more time. When new to the game, all the experiences move by quicker so some things feel like they’re happening faster/slower than they should. But reality is, it’s just how it all comes together and there are new timing markers to go by.