Slide

Crouching while Sprinting causes Chief to Slide feet first for a short distance.

Slide can be used as an evasive maneuver, to get under a low barrier or as an extended range melee.

A vehicle in Halo 4 could have an elevated under carriage allowing Chief to Slide underneath to avoid being splattered.

This all depending on sprint being in the game, to which I am already at a disagreement with.

It could be a cool addition however, I just stop at sprint even being in the game.

Who sweet Crysis/Vanquish mechanics!

No!

i think this would work well

This is an advanced maneuver, good for multiplayer. I can imagine a crazy achievement from this to replace reach’s if they came to hear me beg achievement.

> Crouching while Sprinting causes Chief to Slide feet first for a short distance.
>
> Slide can be used as an evasive maneuver, to get under a low barrier or as an extended range melee.
>
> A vehicle in Halo 4 could have an elevated under carriage allowing Chief to Slide underneath to avoid being splattered.

Jumping+evade=flip
I guess this could work like a power jump.

This would be great for obstacle courses in Custom Games! This should happen.

> > Crouching while Sprinting causes Chief to Slide feet first for a short distance.
> >
> > Slide can be used as an evasive maneuver, to get under a low barrier or as an extended range melee.
> >
> > A vehicle in Halo 4 could have an elevated under carriage allowing Chief to Slide underneath to avoid being splattered.
>
> Jumping+evade=flip
> I guess this could work like a power jump.

Great idea. This fits in very well with my other ideas. I created a thread for it.

Yeah, that is if sprint is in Halo 4. Which I don’t think 343 is going to do based on the reviews Reach got. But then again, if any AA was in Halo 4. I would want sprint.

I not sure to be honest sound a little useless but then you mention obsticle courses
THE BEATUTIFAL POSSOBILITIES!!!

Sure why not if Sprint stays in Halo 4.

Beginning a Slide while moving downhill could elongate the Slide until the ground levels out.

They have this in the new Medal of Honor. It wouldn’t feel like Halo at all having everybody slide around.

Should Sliding into the side of a small vehicle, Mongoose or Ghost, tip it over?

As much as it may sound cool, I just don’t think slide fits Halo. Sprint is good, just no evade or slide.

NO! Im sorry, but this is your worst idea yet. This would be even worse than the beat downs working like a sword - Most annoying thing about halo ever.

Please no sprint at all. it only negatively influences gameplay and map design.

If your only reason for being against Slide is that it requires Sprint then pretend that Slide can be accomplished without Sprint and give your opinion.

> If your only reason for being against Slide is that it requires Sprint then pretend that Slide can be accomplished without Sprint and give your opinion.

Doesn’t it serve the same purpose? To get closer or run away.

> > If your only reason for being against Slide is that it requires Sprint then pretend that Slide can be accomplished without Sprint and give your opinion.
>
> Doesn’t it serve the same purpose? To get closer or run away.

You see no different between Sliding a few feet and draining the Sprint meter?