Slide seems like it's going to be underused

I have been watching many multiplayer videos and out of all of them not one person seems to be using the slide. I think this is a good thing (though I will be using it) I get the feeling that slide will be more of a evasive type of ability unlike in destiny (which I played a lot of crucible in before I snapped the disk) where everyone uses the slide + shotgun combination. I hate destiny pvp because of it and I’m glad that it doesn’t seem like the go to move in halo 5.

Yeah. 343 seems to have put little openings in maps like fathom for sliding, which is super cool. I see it more as a maneuvering thing than anyone else. I could see people using it if there was someone about to snipe them with a spartan laser or something like that. We’ll see. Also, the shotgun/slide is gonna be terrifying

Doesn’t seem to be useful during combat but the maps are designed with secret passages that sliding gives access to.

> 2533274964465607;3:
> Doesn’t seem to be useful during combat but the maps are designed with secret passages that sliding gives access to.

This. And unless you’re running away, or using a shotgun to attack them, it’s not really going to be used often. Although, I’ve seen a LOT of the videos on YouTube utilizing the whole ‘CoD’ duck while firing mechanic going on. Which is hysterical, and I hope the die horrible deaths each time they do it.

> 2533274964465607;3:
> Doesn’t seem to be useful during combat but the maps are designed with secret passages that sliding gives access to.

Im glad that they designed it that way its a good balance. I watched bo3 multiplayer videos and the slide on that game is very ridiculous.

I hope many underutilise it while I continue to duck fire and flank my opponent with fluidity.

> 2603643534597848;6:
> I hope many underutilise it while I continue to duck fire and flank my opponent with fluidity.

Silly rabbit, trix are for kids.

> 2533274964465607;3:

Yeah, I think slides primary function is to aid you when purely trying to get from one place to another as quick as possible.

A lot of people don’t use the abilities in general as effective as they could.

I think most players aren’t aware it can be done. Also, slide is not terribly useful in most games during PvP, but I used it frequently in Advanced Warfare’s campaign mode to slide into cover, so I think I will be using it for the same purpose in Halo 5.

> 2533274964465607;3:

That’s the only practical reason I hope there is for sliding. Halo doesn’t need to devolve into a game of drop shotting.

> 2533274874192460;1:
> I have been watching many multiplayer videos and out of all of them not one person seems to be using the slide. I think this is a good thing (though I will be using it) I get the feeling that slide will be more of a evasive type of ability unlike in destiny (which I played a lot of crucible in before I snapped the disk) where everyone uses the slide + shotgun combination. I hate destiny pvp because of it and I’m glad that it doesn’t seem like the go to move in halo 5.

It’s pretty much going to be an evasive kind of thing…

The opportunity to slide only presents itself when you are sprinting… Which you never do in the middle of a fire fight, because you can’t shoot…

offensively, if you ARE sprinting, your probably going to choose to shoulder charge instead of slide…

so, the only time anyone will slide (outside of map shortcuts) is probably when they are sprinting for defensive reasons, and want to quickly get behind cover. It seems like a good way to screw up someone who’s trying to land a perfect kill if you are caught with pants down.

Whenever it IS successfully used offensively, it’ll be highlight reel worthy. Caught in a hall way with a shot gun, you sprint directly towards you pistol weilding enemy, slide beneath his final shot, and buck him in the chest with fatal blow…

> 2533274809220485;9:
> A lot of people don’t use the abilities in general as effective as they could.

I agree. We have yet to see the full potential of slide/spartan charge/ground pound/thrusters.

> 2676692992818466;12:
> > 2533274874192460;1:
> >
>
>
>
> Whenever it IS successfully used offensively, it’ll be highlight reel worthy. Caught in a hall way with a shot gun, you sprint directly towards you pistol weilding enemy, slide beneath his final shot, and buck him in the chest with fatal blow…

You have to be caught sprinting, not just with a shotgun. You can’t sprint if being shot and you need top speed to Slide or Shoulder Dash.

And you’d have been better off tapping Y for the other weapon to descope the Pistol user while you maneuver.

The ghost looks high enough to where you can slide under it. You could slide under Hydra missiles coming straight at you. Slide can come in handy for going from point A to B without being visible do to height. Slide could allow you to take less damage from splash damage from a rocket hitting the ceiling or make someone miss their Sword melee.

> 2535447317427844;4:
> > 2533274964465607;3:
> > Doesn’t seem to be useful during combat but the maps are designed with secret passages that sliding gives access to.
>
>
> This. And unless you’re running away, or using a shotgun to attack them, it’s not really going to be used often. Although, I’ve seen a LOT of the videos on YouTube utilizing the whole ‘CoD’ duck while firing mechanic going on. Which is hysterical, and I hope the die horrible deaths each time they do it.

Never seen this before. Could you link one so I can see what you’re talking about?

> 2533274809220485;9:
> A lot of people don’t use the abilities in general as effective as they could.

i know i used charge effectively. In the beta, id use charge to thrust for a boost of speed instead of using my actual thrust. Im surprised no one is using slide tho, it takes you -Yoinking!- far.

I don’t know if I’d say underused since I’m not convinced it has any real purpose. I never asked for Halo to adopt the counterstrike drop shot, personally. Best I can say is that it could be used to bait a charge response and punish accordingly.

I kinda agree, heck I never use slide in Destiny.

> 2533274817907732;13:
> > 2533274809220485;9:
> > A lot of people don’t use the abilities in general as effective as they could.
>
>
> I agree. We have yet to see the full potential of slide/spartan charge/ground pound/thrusters.

And that’s what scares me about the addition of Spartan Abilities. I feel like there’s no doubt someone’s gonna find out a way to exploit at least one, and even if not, once people start learning to thrust dodge grenades or thrust behind cover so you miss perfect kills constantly it’ll be infuriating.

…But maybe I’m just paranoid…