Slayer Pro WITH RADAR

Am I the only person who feels that no-radar gametypes should stay in Team Throwdown and SWAT?

I don’t know about you, but I’d seriously like to play a simple, vanilla, oldschool style Slayer, but with radar.

Slayer Pro has everything I want to play on a regular basis, but the lack of radar prevents me from voting for it because I don’t always want to be hardcore into callouts with my friends. And I certainly wouldn’t play it with Randoms.

When I want to take the game that seriously, I have Throwdown. So Radar in Infinity and Big Team Slayer Pro please :slight_smile:

I agree. I play mostly as a random, and it keeps me from Throwdown. Well it’s one of the reasons anyway.

I was hoping for the way it is in Rumble Pit. Remember though when RP first came out Pro didn’t have radar. Granted that was an error on their end, but they can change it so maybe they will.

I’ll still play it though and see how it goes. I’m just glad to have the option in IS.

> I agree. I play mostly as a random, and it keeps me from Throwdown. Well it’s one of the reasons anyway.
>
> I was hoping for the way it is in Rumble Pit. Remember though when RP first came out Pro didn’t have radar. Granted that was an error on their end, but they can change it so maybe they will.
>
> I’ll still play it though and see how it goes. I’m just glad to have the option in IS.

Rumble Pit has radar because no-radar FFA is too chaotic, and the radar helps in a gametype that is essentially a race for the most kills, where teamwork is not a factor.

Gametypes under the Pro label haven’t had radar in ever.

Slayer Pro with radar is NOT Slayer Pro. :confused:

> Slayer Pro with radar is NOT Slayer Pro. :confused:

So, then can we just get a Slayer gametype instead? I feel that would be in everyone’s best interest, seeing as how there’s no middle ground between Pro and Infinity.

No, I agree I would rather have Team Slayer Pro with radar. No radar works great for actual teams where communication happens but in the current online landscape nobody has mics, doesn’t talk, or doesn’t help anyways. I want to be able to just play the damn slayer match without having to worry about dying randomly to someone turning a corner and assassinating me because they weren’t there a split second before when I looked. Win through your superior gunplay, not lucky positioning. No radar just promotes camping because nobody wants to move around.

> No radar just promotes camping

You have it completely backwards. Radar promotes camping, because you can completely negate the effect on yourself, while still seeing where people are as they move. It either becomes a game of one person watching their radar with a Shotgun/Boltshot out while waiting for a red dot, or everyone crouch-walks everywhere so nobody can see them.

> > I agree. I play mostly as a random, and it keeps me from Throwdown. Well it’s one of the reasons anyway.
> >
> > I was hoping for the way it is in Rumble Pit. Remember though when RP first came out Pro didn’t have radar. Granted that was an error on their end, but they can change it so maybe they will.
> >
> > I’ll still play it though and see how it goes. I’m just glad to have the option in IS.
>
> Rumble Pit has radar because no-radar FFA is too chaotic, and the radar helps in a gametype that is essentially a race for the most kills, where teamwork is not a factor.
>
> Gametypes under the Pro label haven’t had radar in ever.

Okay, I was mistaken I thought it had been a variant in Team Slayer in the past. Thank you for the clarification.

> > No radar just promotes camping
>
> You have it completely backwards. Radar promotes camping, because you can completely negate the effect on yourself, while still seeing where people are as they move. It either becomes a game of one person watching their radar with a Shotgun/Boltshot out while waiting for a red dot, or everyone crouch-walks everywhere so nobody can see them.

^^The majority will never understand what you just posted^^

Knowing where a person is MAKES YOU CAMP and SLOW DOWN THE GAME. I hate the fact in a normal Halo 4 match when not in Throwdown, I spent MORE TIME watching the motion tracker than my -Yoinking!- screen. ← motion tracker needs to go for good, I want a RADAR not tracker.

Show me sounds NOT MOVEMENT, Halo screwed this up a long time ago, 343 why not change this aspect of Halo? I have hated motion tracker since day one and this is why the majority of the times I play with friends it’s turned OFF. It makes the game faster paces and allows for player to out move another player without a big helper for the other guy. The games in general are just so much better not having to worry about what tool is just sitting around the corner knowing your coming. You can camp around the corner all day but if you aren’t priming a grenade or boltshot, I don’t care. ← no tracker removes all of that BS.

I don’t mind slayer pro for 4v4. But for both 4v4 and 8v8 why can’t just regular old team slayer return? What is so hard about that?

Take slayer pro, add a motion tracker, and IMO replace the secondaries with the automatics that match the species of the primaries. I wouldn’t even mind if they gave everyone thruster pack. BOOM! Team slayer (with that 343 twist you guys love to put on things)!

It’s Slayer Pro, Slayer PRO.

You want to play with radar, vote Infinity, not Slayer Pro.

> It’s Slayer Pro, Slayer PRO.
>
> You want to play with radar, vote Infinity, not Slayer Pro.

That would be fine if the only difference between infinity and pro was radar, but it’s not. At all.

Slayer pro should be put in its own playlist with voting options between classic slayer and slayer pro. One with classic settings w/ radar and classic settings w/ no radar.

In all reality I only view radar as a crutch. Even call of duty doesn’t have a radar that tells you where players r just because of their movement. Now our radars say whether they’re above u or below.

And I’m disregarding UAV in CoD. Talking bout in general basic radar

Radar should at the very least stay in BTB.

It should be the Doubles Pro Settings, but with radar. If it’s a problem, then just change the name since the only reason why it’s being added is because people don’t like the ability to spawn with Boltshots, Plasma Pistols, and Plasma Grenades, not because people need a pro gametype, as they have Throwdown for that.

I think the infinity version should not have radar, however I think the Btb version should have radar.

> I think the infinity version should not have radar, however I think the Btb version should have radar.

Every Halo game has had motion tracker enabled in settings minus MLG and SWAT. The last thing we need is for Halo to go from becoming super casual, making players leave, to becoming super competitive, which will make everyone except MLG leave.

> > I think the infinity version should not have radar, however I think the Btb version should have radar.
>
> Every Halo game has had motion tracker enabled in settings minus MLG and SWAT. The last thing we need is for Halo to go from becoming super casual, making players leave, to becoming super competitive, which will make everyone except MLG leave.

Not true, Slayer Pro in Reach had no Radar.

> > > I think the infinity version should not have radar, however I think the Btb version should have radar.
> >
> > Every Halo game has had motion tracker enabled in settings minus MLG and SWAT. The last thing we need is for Halo to go from becoming super casual, making players leave, to becoming super competitive, which will make everyone except MLG leave.
>
> Not true, Slayer Pro in Reach had no Radar.

Reach had Slayer Pro? Didn’t know that, but Halo 4 already has an entire playlist for MLG/Pro gametypes. We don’t need them to be everywhere, especially when a Team Slayer playlist doesn’t yet exist.

Not to go overboard here, but the only playlists/gametypes that should have NO RADAR is:

Slayer PRO
SWAT
Team Throwdown

OP, like everyone said, Inf Slayer is WITH RADER, Slayer PRO is WITHOUT RADAR