'Slayer Pro' My Feet

Alright, now look. This forum is mostly made of ‘competitive’ people, let’s be honest. The vast majority of casual Halo-players never make their voices heard. This leads to a lot of disproportionate decisions when it comes to community feedback.

So this leads me to Slayer Pro. Am I supposed to accept that true professionals only ever use precision weapons? Halo is supposed to be about the sandbox, not the shovel. It’s a joke that the ‘pro’ gametype gives us the weapons that are easiest to use. That’s right. Evident even in their title, The Precision Weapons are the clear-and-away winner above all other ‘imprecise’ weapons. Don’t deny it, you know it’s true.

The lack of radar is a legitimate dynamic of pro slayer. The lack of weapons is just shame-faced pandering to the very vocal competitive cult of the DMR/BR.

Knowledge and skill with the entire spectrum of weapons should be the real focus of Slayer Pro.

> Am I supposed to accept that true professionals only ever use precision weapons?

Um, yes? http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mlg/halo-reach-settings

By the way, precision weapons cannot be the “easiest to use” because of the definition and utility of the word “precision.” You also have been killed more with the DMR and Sniper than you have killed, so I don’t know…

Seriously? You just said that the DMR is easier to use than the AR.
Also, you base your argument on “slayer pro takes out some weapons and makes me start with a precision weapon waah waah, true skill is showed when you use all sandbox!11!1!”. You are basically saying that we should entirely remove the whole Slayer Pro gametype. That’s exactly what you’re saying, because you can already use the whole sandbox on normal slayer gametypes.

You make no sense at all, I’m done.

EDIT:

> > Am I supposed to accept that true professionals only ever use precision weapons?
>
> Um, yes? http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mlg/halo-reach-settings
>
> By the way, precision weapons cannot be the “easiest to use” because of the definition and utility of the word “precision.” You also have been killed more with the DMR and Sniper than you have killed, so I don’t know…

This, too.
I’m gonna laugh my -Yoink- off if they delete your post for stat-flaming.

> > Am I supposed to accept that true professionals only ever use precision weapons?
>
> Um, yes? http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mlg/halo-reach-settings
>
> By the way, precision weapons cannot be the “easiest to use” because of the definition and utility of the word “precision.” You also have been killed more with the DMR and Sniper than you have killed, so I don’t know…

Ah, you see? I rocked the DMR boat and now you’re all over my personal stats. Take it as far as you want Puma, the DMR and others like it are the most effective weapons in the game. You know this to be true. I’m sure you also noticed my weapon of choice is the DMR, as it is for you, and everyone else here on this forum. I’m sure you considered that given everyone is using a DMR, it’s naturally going to be the weapon I die from most.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.

> Alright, now look. This forum is mostly made of ‘competitive’ people, let’s be honest.

Define “competitive”.

> Seriously? You just said that the DMR is easier to use than the AR.
> Also, you base your argument on “slayer pro takes out some weapons and makes me start with a precision weapon waah waah, true skill is showed when you use all sandbox!11!1!”. You are basically saying that we should entirely remove the whole Slayer Pro gametype.

Actually that’s not what I’m saying. I’m shedding light on the balance of the sandbox and the unfair advantage the ‘precision’ weapons have. By their very nature they are more accurate, longer ranged and carry deeper magazines, Magnum excluded. The AR has none of these traits.

> > Alright, now look. This forum is mostly made of ‘competitive’ people, let’s be honest.
>
> Define “competitive”.

Generally, people who flame others for saying there’s too much DMR in here. That’s an unfair stereotype, but they brought it on themselves and are continuing to prove it even now.

> > Seriously? You just said that the DMR is easier to use than the AR.
> > Also, you base your argument on “slayer pro takes out some weapons and makes me start with a precision weapon waah waah, true skill is showed when you use all sandbox!11!1!”. You are basically saying that we should entirely remove the whole Slayer Pro gametype.
>
> Actually that’s not what I’m saying. I’m shedding light on the balance of the sandbox and the unfair advantage the ‘precision’ weapons have. By their very nature they are more accurate, longer ranged and carry deeper magazines, Magnum excluded.

So the DMR holds more rounds than the AR?

lol.

I’m not “all over your personal stats” to insult or incite you. I’m curious as to the type of player you are to better understand your opinion. I mean, I could have said that you recently played Slayer Pro and did well at it or my perceived reasoning for your <1.0 k/d for precision weapons is due to the less time you want to use them.

Unlike ANTO, I understand what you want. You want a radarless Slayer gametype. It sort of makes sense, but I can only imagine really annoying (or just not fun) things happening if people are given the choice to run around with automatics while other people are blind to them. I would even guess that that’s the point of automatics - they’re powerful within radar range.

And you asked if real professionals only use precision weapons, and the answer to that is yes (excluding power weapons). So I think the name of the gametype holds up.

> > Am I supposed to accept that true professionals only ever use precision weapons?
>
> Um, yes? http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mlg/halo-reach-settings
>
> By the way, precision weapons cannot be the “easiest to use” because of the definition and utility of the word “precision.” You also have been killed more with the DMR and Sniper than you have killed, so I don’t know…

No one with a life gives a crap about MLG or MLG settings…just saying. E-SPORTS!!!11

> So the DMR holds more rounds than the AR?
>
>
> lol.

I know you’re trying to be stupid, so read carefully. Shot for shot, a DMR can kill three people in one magazine. The AR can kill one person with one magazine, and only just. Think, man.

The AR is easier to use than the DMR. That is a fact. If you disagree with this fact, you are wrong. Simple as that.

> The AR is easier to use than the DMR. That is a fact. If you disagree with this fact, you are wrong. Simple as that.

But is the AR easier to kill with? Is it more effective? Can it handle a spectrum of ranges? No, no it can’t. Simple as that.

> > > Alright, now look. This forum is mostly made of ‘competitive’ people, let’s be honest.
> >
> > Define “competitive”.
>
> Generally, people who flame others for saying there’s too much DMR in here. That’s an unfair stereotype, but they brought it on themselves and are continuing to prove it even now.

And you brought the “ignorant” stereotype upon yourself.

> > So the DMR holds more rounds than the AR?
> >
> >
> > lol.
>
> I know you’re trying to be stupid, so read carefully. Shot for shot, a DMR can kill three people in one magazine. The AR can kill one person with one magazine, and only just. Think, man.

I don’t see the problem here. The DMR is harder to use, so they gave it more rounds. The AR is ridiculously easy to use, so they gave it just enough rounds to kill someone and spare a few.

> I understand what you want. You want a radarless Slayer gametype. It sort of makes sense, but I can only imagine really annoying (or just not fun) things happening if people are given the choice to run around with automatics while other people are blind to them. I would even guess that that’s the point of automatics - they’re powerful within radar range.

Thanks, but here we have unique characteristics of weapons outside the precision box. These factors can be used to good effect in a professional arena. DMRs can be fun, but a game with mainly precise weapons can get stale.

> > The AR is easier to use than the DMR. That is a fact. If you disagree with this fact, you are wrong. Simple as that.
>
> But is the AR easier to kill with? Is it more effective? Can it handle a spectrum of ranges? No, no it can’t. Simple as that.

Wrong assumptions.
The AR is easier to kill with and it is also more effective within its range. It can also handle two ranges, close and mid. So yeah, think before you write.

> > > > Alright, now look. This forum is mostly made of ‘competitive’ people, let’s be honest.
> > >
> > > Define “competitive”.
> >
> > Generally, people who flame others for saying there’s too much DMR in here. That’s an unfair stereotype, but they brought it on themselves and are continuing to prove it even now.
>
> And you brought the “ignorant” stereotype upon yourself.

…And are continuing to prove it even now.

> No one with a life gives a crap about MLG or MLG settings…just saying. E-SPORTS!!!11

I watch some old games on YouTube from time to time because it is entertaining. But you’re missing the point by a mile. MLG settings are considered the “professionals” who play this game. MLG settings, therefore, can be considered “professional settings.”

The OP’s argument was he didn’t real professionals would only use precision weapons, but that is in fact true.

> Thanks, but here we have unique characteristics of weapons outside the precision box. These factors can be used to good effect in a professional arena. DMRs can be fun, but a game with mainly precise weapons can get stale.

AR starts would be/are a joke amongst “competitive” players…