Slayer Playlists (proposal)

Currently the Team Slayer playlist includes both an AR/Magnum-starting and a BR-starting variant.

In my opinion, It could be done better having two slayer playlists, but different from what you might think.

In fact, I believe that the AR/Magnum variant should only have the AR as a starting weapon, with no secondary weapon. The reason? the magnum is a semi-automatic weapon, skill based, with a too low TTK (time to kill). Imho, this runs counter to the classic team slayer philosophy. It should be a softer mode for all those who don’t want too hard/competitive gameplay. I believe team slayer should be starter AR only, with semi-auto weapons only to be picked up on the map.

The second playlist, instead, should be semi-competitive: a middle ground between Arena and the normal team slayer. It should have the BR as the starting weapon, radar ON, but above all it should include the forge maps: Both new and remakes of old classics, especially from the HCE / H2 period (the most beautiful imho) but also something from H3 and Reach. They would make the playlist different from all the others and I bet it would be very played.

To recap:

PLAYLIST 1: TEAM SLAYER
Primary Weapon: AR
Secondary Weapon: NO
Radar: ON
Maps: 343 Offical
Ranking System: Unranked

PLAYLIST 2: TEAM SLAYER S-PRO
Primary Weapon: BR
Secondary Weapon: NO
Radar: ON
Maps: Forge (classic remakes mainly)
Ranking System: Unranked

2 Likes

Just having multiple team slayer playlists would be great honestly.

2 Likes

definitely better than having two BTB playlists!

2 Likes

Maybe for the US but over here in poor old Australia the team slayer playlist already stuggles for players and dividing it further isn’t really an option. Maybe they could do region specific playlists but I can’t see it happening.

That’s not to say it won’t happen. At some point Australia and other low player regions may just get cut away in the decision making process. It would be sad for us but eventually may be necessary to allow improvements for the big regions.

Also it’s just another case of a match composer being the perfect solution for everyone.

PS. I actually like AR, sidekick starts so don’t want them taken away but I do appreciate that we should be able to keep more people happy with more options.

2 Likes

It is not the magnum. Its the sidekick which is absolutely boring to use (unless you get a perfect which lierally never happens) and has no place in the halo franchise. Every game I play, if I have sidekick I will drop it over the edge of the map (maybe along with myself) then Tbag. Rant Over.

This is an important question. Even we in the EU are not doing well. I write from Italy and in the morning I don’t even try to start the search in the Arena.

there would be a great need to group survivors by decreasing the number of overall playlists.

Instead there are: two versions of big team battles, normal and social (BTB has always been a social mode, it would be enough to have only one version); A specific playlist for fiesta that imho it’s fun but no more than many other game modes! It could very well be contained within a generic social slayer along with something else; in the end, a playlist just to sponsor the new map, the pit.

I think it is preferable to make these changes first, to allow for example a Slayer BR start playlist which I consider certainly more important than BTB social or Fiesta.