Slayer game-type thoughts

I am posting this as someone who used to regularly play Halo 4. I’ve been a 130 for quite some time. Although this will most likely not do very well in terms of feedback, I’ll post it anyway as it is on my mind.

The playlists in Halo 4 now are just really bad. I used to play Slayer every day because I liked it. The game-type fits this specific Halo release the best in my opinion so it was a majority of what I played. When the Slayer playlist was merged, I felt that it was a bad decision.

I have two issues with the merging of the Slayer Playlist.

1. The integration of the community maps into this playlist was a huge mistake. The number one reason being the lag that comes along with these maps during split screen co-op. I always play Halo with a buddy or two and it has always been the ‘bro’ franchise on Xbox Live. Sure there is Call of Duty, but Halo is where teamwork and strategy peaks. It is the reason many sought after the Xbox, myself included.

Anyway, while playing on these maps there is a frame rate issue. This is most likely due to the addition of the maps without download. They do not run off of the hard drive. Also, the generation of lighting plays a role in the deterioration of performance. Yes, I could place these maps on a flash drive. But why should I be required to? Bungie never did things this way.

Also I do not think the maps are really that good in the first place. I don’t think too highly of them and yet I am forced to play them 75% of the time I play Slayer. Imagine lagging 75% of the matches you play on Halo. It doesn’t sound too fun, huh? They should be separated from the original maps. Clearly since they are selected so often in matchmaking, they have a decent following——decent enough to split it from the originals.

1. Slayer Pro. There was a reason the playlist population was always exponentially low. No one likes it. It was in the low hundreds each day. The solution to that is not to merge it into a popular playlist. It was a quick fix that did not carry much thought behind it.

Halo is pretty much the last thing I am clinging to until PS4. I would like to enjoy it as it is most likely the last Halo I will own; however, that is beside the point here.

I think you’re in the minority. The weapn, map and playlist updates have not pleased us completely, but generally they’ve been great in comparison to day one.

I just wish for classic slayer now.

> I think you’re in the minority. The weapn, map and playlist updates have not pleased us completely, but generally they’ve been great in comparison to day one.
>
> I just wish for classic slayer now.

I could deal with Reach-style(Set Loadouts) Slayer at this point, but just Classic motion tracker, 2 hit melee, AR/Br starts, etc. would be wonderful. I hate Infinity with a passion, and oddly enough I thought before launch that what Pro is currently would be what Infinity would be.