Skylark (Grifball) is seriously bugged

Jumped into grifball and was playing around until I got to the new map Skylark. Apparently you spawn inside of walls each time so I ended up in the game for about 10-15 seconds, was pushed through the map three times to suicides, got kicked for too many suicides, and after another game the ban kicked in. I shouldn’t get punished because a map doesn’t work.

Not to mention I was using a legendary arena xp boost at the time that got discarded because I was booted -_-

> 2533274825617309;1:
> Jumped into grifball and was playing around until I got to the new map Skylark. Apparently you spawn inside of walls each time so I ended up in the game for about 10-15 seconds, was pushed through the map three times to suicides, got kicked for too many suicides, and after another game the ban kicked in. I shouldn’t get punished because a map doesn’t work.
>
> Not to mention I was using a legendary arena xp boost at the time that got discarded because I was booted -_-

Or rather after an amount of time some of the cinematic objects reappear and cause issues sometime into the match.

Sorry for the issue. I am the maps author. Thanks for reporting. The Grifball Community Cartographer and I are troubleshooting this very issue. We have found that it isn’t a map issue as much as it is a scripting issue. Basically the scripts for the intro cinematic are firing early, late or being skipped. What causes this is poor connection prior to the match start. The map begins running the scripts before the game starts instead of at the actual match start. This causes the side effects you are experiencing. So its a matchmaking/connection issue, which needs to be patched by 343. But in the meantime, Nokyard and I are implementing some temporary solutions. Basically “backup” scripts in case the primary scripts fail. We will push this up ASAP. Please be patient, we are doing our best to patch this up. Thanks, DU3L MAUL3RS.

What he said.

> 2533274815049872;3:
> Sorry for the issue. I am the maps author. Thanks for reporting. The Grifball Community Cartographer and I are troubleshooting this very issue. We have found that it isn’t a map issue as much as it is a scripting issue. Basically the scripts for the intro cinematic are firing early, late or being skipped. What causes this is poor connection prior to the match start. The map begins running the scripts before the game starts instead of at the actual match start. This causes the side effects you are experiencing. So its a matchmaking/connection issue, which needs to be patched by 343. But in the meantime, Nokyard and I are implementing some temporary solutions. Basically “backup” scripts in case the primary scripts fail. We will push this up ASAP. Please be patient, we are doing our best to patch this up. Thanks, DU3L MAUL3RS.

Sorry if I came off as a bit abrasive, I was just frustrated with getting banned and all. It’s an impressive map though and congrats on getting it implemented in multiplayer!