Skulls

In halo 3 4 5 reach and ODST we had the bandana skull removed and various other skulls well can we get it back in h6?

Bandana skull is cool and all but it just takes the thrill away of the campaign to me.

If beneficial difficulty alterations return,I would prefer them to be at least something other than skulls.
As in located in different category from the actual skulls to keep LASO/SLASO settings clearer from a glimpse.
The beneficial options, like the bandana, should have their own category renamed as “cheats” or something along those lines, though that name could be a bit oldschool. Maybe something like decapitated covenant heads to signify that options in this category cause slaughter on the enemy side, opposite that of the skull options visually. Though that might be too brutal to implement in Halo.
Other examples could be maybe Covenant skulls or SPARTAN model matching what the option will do, something like SPARTAN with a headband & saw (the gun) on a hill of shells/casings.

While Im not personally interested to see such options to return, I would be fine with the options themselves in the game as long as they have a separated category from actual skulls, both gold & silver skulls.

If theres no other reasons to implement such player beneficial options, then maybe for accessibility reasons.
So maybe there’s a chance for their return, any guess is as good as any at this point.

I don’t see why we shouldn’t have the Bandana skull, let alone any skull. Skulls are optional and are only necessary in certain circumstances(if you’re trying to beat a Halo game on LASO or going for score such as in MCC). Otherwise, its entirely optional.

Personally, its fun to just go around blasting the absolute hell out of the Flood or Covenant whenever I’m bored. I don’t have to play with Bandana on, but having the option to just send Tartarus into the void with relentless firepower can be a fun thing to do when I turn off my brain.

I think all skulls should return. Though for things like LASO skulls like bandana obviously shouldn’t be included. Skulls are all entirely optional and I see nothing wrong with giving people options. The more options people have with how they want to play will make Infinite a better game.

> 2533274870308953;2:
> Bandana skull is cool and all but it just takes the thrill away of the campaign to me.

The skulls that completely screw with the game and make it insane I normally use after I complete the campaign and want to mess around. I’d still love to see the classic skulls from the older Halo’s come back. Halo 4 and 5 had so few compared to the others. My favorites were the low gravity and double explosion size, but they got removed :frowning:

I mean sure, more skulls the better. It’s all optional.
Dont see why people wouldn’t want it back

The bandana skull would make finding collectibles (skulls, terminals, intel etc) easier.

> 2533274870308953;2:
> Bandana skull is cool and all but it just takes the thrill away of the campaign to me.

Then don’t equip it when you load up a level. I’ve never used it, though I like having it as an option. It actually makes certain achievements very easy to “achieve”.

> 2535435902217648;9:
> > 2533274870308953;2:
> > Bandana skull is cool and all but it just takes the thrill away of the campaign to me.
>
> Then don’t equip it when you load up a level. I’ve never used it, though I like having it as an option. It actually makes certain achievements very easy to “achieve”.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the Bandana skull have a x0 score modifier? And didn’t it disable achievements?

And to be completely fair, most campaign-related achievements can be done on normal difficulty, which shouldn’t impede most players looking to get the achievement in question anyway.

> 2533274870308953;2:
> Bandana skull is cool and all but it just takes the thrill away of the campaign to me.

I think the skulls should be unlockables that can not be used unless you have already beaten the campaign mission.

> 2533274826620064;10:
> > 2535435902217648;9:
> > > 2533274870308953;2:
> > > Bandana skull is cool and all but it just takes the thrill away of the campaign to me.
> >
> > Then don’t equip it when you load up a level. I’ve never used it, though I like having it as an option. It actually makes certain achievements very easy to “achieve”.
>
> Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the Bandana skull have a x0 score modifier? And didn’t it disable achievements?
>
> And to be completely fair, most campaign-related achievements can be done on normal difficulty, which shouldn’t impede most players looking to get the achievement in question anyway.

I’m not sure if it disables achievements. I’d assume not, because using a skull like the scarab gun skull doesn’t prevent you from getting achievements.

There are several achievements that require higher levels of difficulty though. Like in H2, most of the skulls require you to be on Legendary difficulty, or you won’t get the achievement for collecting them. There are actually a good chunk of achievements that won’t unlock on lower difficulties.

> 2533274866906624;11:
> > 2533274870308953;2:
> > Bandana skull is cool and all but it just takes the thrill away of the campaign to me.
>
> I think the skulls should be unlockables that can not be used unless you have already beaten the campaign mission.

That’s sort of like how things used to be. In Halo 3 and CE Anniversary you’d need to find the skulls that were hidden throughout the campaign and then they’d be unlocked for you to be able to use. Made for some pretty fun achievement hunting.

> 2535452668096578;13:
> > 2533274866906624;11:
> > > 2533274870308953;2:
> > > Bandana skull is cool and all but it just takes the thrill away of the campaign to me.
> >
> > I think the skulls should be unlockables that can not be used unless you have already beaten the campaign mission.
>
> That’s sort of like how things used to be. In Halo 3 and CE Anniversary you’d need to find the skulls that were hidden throughout the campaign and then they’d be unlocked for you to be able to use. Made for some pretty fun achievement hunting.

Yes, and in Halo 2 you could play the mission with the skull’s ability once you found it in the campaign.

Like people said here, create a separate bronze skull category for cheat skulls.

Include bandanna in that category. Bring back scarab skull too?