Skull Ideas for Halo games

Sup gamers. New to these forums and not sure exactly how the community makes suggestions for 343 to take note of but there has to be a lot of untapped potential for campaign skulls. Here are some skulls I’d like to see in any or as many Halo’s as possible:

Paintball mode - All of the guns leave colourful splats on the wall instead of bullet holes/scorch marks. Would be extra fun if the guns made paintball noises and/or the paint matched the gun, so green for plasma pistols, blue for regular plasma rifles etc. I’ve wanted this skull for so long.

Nailgun mode - Guns pin enemies to nearby surfaces. This would be especially fun if we could pin them to vehicles.

Noir mode - Mostly black and white graphics aside from gunfire.

And you could also swap the flashlight for so many things with skulls. Like an ODST style scanner view. Or the closest enemy joins your team for 10 seconds. Or telepathically explode a grunt… EMP nearby enemy shields except yours also gets EMP’d… Or check this out: Slow Mo!

What kind of skulls would you like to see?

Glad to have you on the forums! Here is good to post, and if you are looking for more speculation on the future of halo the Infinite forum is probably one of the best places to go

I am a huge fan of campaigns and customizability so I can always get behind the idea for new skulls, I think the casual visual modifiers you suggested could be fun non-scoring skulls in which I agree there could be many more. I’m not sure about nailgun but I like the idea for unique abilities to be added in as well, however skulls that affect gameplay enter a different category and I think deserve to be implemented with a tad more caution especially as we decide which skulls are scoring and which count toward the official LASO experience for Halo Infinite (As a LASO junky I very much want this ultimate challenge to return and to be thought out a bit before hand.).

To offer a couple ideas of my own, a difficult skull I thought off back in the day was one that would eliminate the ability to zoom in forcing the player to always shoot from the hip. A chaotic one idea I would enjoy to see the results of is a skull that swaps the type of units that spawn in the campaign, as in if there are normally 2 elites, 4 grunts and a jackal in a room have instead all the Elites spawn as Jackals, the Grunts as Hunters, and the Jackals as Drones or something like that.

Hey, thanks! I think LASO should only be scoring skulls only, and all of the skulls I’ve mentioned should probably be non scoring as they are just funny ideas. Nailgun mode would only affect corpses before they hit the ground so no real affect on difficulty. And some of the flashlight replacement skulls I mentioned would conflict so I’m not sure how that might work in practice, a pop-up to say “X skull will now be de-activated” maybe… Or maybe they could have a third section for non scoring flashlight replacements where you can only select one at a time because you only have one flashlight button.

Welcome aboard marine! And I like that paintball idea the most.

> 2533274841519598;2:
> To offer a couple ideas of my own, a difficult skull I thought off back in the day was one that would eliminate the ability to zoom in forcing the player to always shoot from the hip. A chaotic one idea I would enjoy to see the results of is a skull that swaps the type of units that spawn in the campaign, as in if there are normally 2 elites, 4 grunts and a jackal in a room have instead all the Elites spawn as Jackals, the Grunts as Hunters, and the Jackals as Drones or something like that.

Nice. Thought of the last one too.

I do like the paint ball skull. 343 will not do anything graphic or gory, ie: pinning people to surfaces with bullets.

The paintball skull idea is really cool. I’d like it to also extend to enemies and the players too, so if you pepper the enemy with shots with this skull activated you can also paint them too (or your co-op partner). You could also have like nearby exploding grenades ‘splash’ you/enemies/surfaces with the appropriate color, blue for plamas and an orangey brown for frags.

The Paintball skull sounds really cool. I’d like to have it in Infinite.

Thanks for commenting everyone. Out of all the skulls I mentioned I’m glad it seems people would enjoy a paintball skull! I always figured they’ve got the alien blood splats maybe it would be possible to swap bullet hole textures for those. Being able to paint enemies and players would be great too, especially if it also appeared in cutscenes. But I definitley think my second favourite from my own list would be swap the flashlight for bullet time. Imagine it, throw a grenade into a bunch of jackals and hit the slow mo button. All. day. long!

Paint Ball mode :+1:

> 2661949065478942;8:
> Thanks for commenting everyone. Out of all the skulls I mentioned I’m glad it seems people would enjoy a paintball skull! I always figured they’ve got the alien blood splats maybe it would be possible to swap bullet hole textures for those. Being able to paint enemies and players would be great too, especially if it also appeared in cutscenes. But I definitley think my second favourite from my own list would be swap the flashlight for bullet time. Imagine it, throw a grenade into a bunch of jackals and hit the slow mo button. All. day. long!

Slow motion in the halo universe would be an interesting experience, that’s for certain.

> 2661949065478942;1:
> Sup gamers. New to these forums and not sure exactly how the community makes suggestions for 343 to take note of but there has to be a lot of untapped potential for campaign skulls. Here are some skulls I’d like to see in any or as many Halo’s as possible:
>
> Paintball mode - All of the guns leave colourful splats on the wall instead of bullet holes/scorch marks. Would be extra fun if the guns made paintball noises and/or the paint matched the gun, so green for plasma pistols, blue for regular plasma rifles etc. I’ve wanted this skull for so long.
>
> Nailgun mode - Guns pin enemies to nearby surfaces. This would be especially fun if we could pin them to vehicles.
>
> Noir mode - Mostly black and white graphics aside from gunfire.
>
> And you could also swap the flashlight for so many things with skulls. Like an ODST style scanner view. Or the closest enemy joins your team for 10 seconds. Or telepathically explode a grunt… EMP nearby enemy shields except yours also gets EMP’d… Or check this out: Slow Mo!
>
> What kind of skulls would you like to see?

I would like the paintball mode and nail gun mode, it would be fun to just nail the grunts to walls. With the paintball mode I could just color the dead bodies of my enemy’s or allie’s.

> 2661949065478942;8:
> Thanks for commenting everyone. Out of all the skulls I mentioned I’m glad it seems people would enjoy a paintball skull! I always figured they’ve got the alien blood splats maybe it would be possible to swap bullet hole textures for those. Being able to paint enemies and players would be great too, especially if it also appeared in cutscenes. But I definitley think my second favourite from my own list would be swap the flashlight for bullet time. Imagine it, throw a grenade into a bunch of jackals and hit the slow mo button. All. day. long!

Another good one. You just reminded me of the slow motion button on Mario Cart replays. That button was THE best.

Paintball mode with slow motion anyone??!!

> 2535411936618971;12:
> Paintball mode with slow motion anyone??!!

Pfffut! Pfffut! Pfffut!.. … … Splat! Splat! Splat! Craig does a backflip with a big slo-mo “noooooooo”, and paint all in his eyes. I want to play it so hard.