Skitterers

I feel like these little guys are really under used right now and not even worth the effort of building other than maybe a hunter captain or a Scarab). I’ve thought through a few ideas that I think will make them more viable on units.

  1. Reduce the skitterers build time so that they are more convenient to build.
  2. Reduce the cost of the skitterer. It seems pretty rediculous to invest 400 supplies too attach a couple of skitterers to a wraith that already costs over 500 supplies. That’s 950 supplies I think for a unit that can be focused down easily. At that point you might as well build a second wraith.
  3. Allow the skitterer to be built from the mini base. This would allow for better grunt skitterer openings or chopper skitterer openings.
    I wouldn’t expect (or want) all of these changes to be implemented at the same time since that could make them a little too useful. Any one of these ideas in my opinion would be enough to make the skitterer more viable. Feel free let me know your thoughts.

I agree. The skitterer is cool and all but outside of 2 units it can attach to it doesn’t add much.

When I played skiterers were only viable for a infantry rush.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Skitters should cost 1 population but be nerfed to shoot only 1 laser beam instead of 2

Perhaps a price drop to something similar to scouts.

Edit: they are priced similarly to scouts lol, they are fine. Engineers skitterers still good.

No, dont want to deal with skitter rushes or early map control.

They are fine.

> 2533274866061383;6:
> No, dont want to deal with skitter rushes or early map control.
>
> They are fine.

You wouldn’t have to deal with Skitterer spam. They can only be built at your main base, so you can’t double or triple pump them like scouts or basic infantry.

I’d love some Skitterer buffs.

I agree about building time, big time. They take way too long.

Cost too.
I think they cost so much because 1) they are effective in mass against T1 infantry units and players would def spam them and 2) they’re classified as “scouts,” and want to be on par with chop/ghost.

In all these months, I have never seen anyone scout with a skitterer.

From my memory engineer skitterers were incredible before the leader buff in season 4.

Wouldn’t mind seeing skitterers cost drop to 150.

i main colony and i still use the engineer skitterer combo with great success in the early game most of the time. but other than that i will only ever make them for the scarab and hunter captain. i dont really have any issues with their price or build time but i woud maybe like to see their population cost go down from 2 to 1.

> 2533274843762975;1:
> I feel like these little guys are really under used right now and not even worth the effort of building other than maybe a hunter captain or a Scarab). I’ve thought through a few ideas that I think will make them more viable on units.
> 1. Reduce the skitterers build time so that they are more convenient to build.
> 2. Reduce the cost of the skitterer. It seems pretty rediculous to invest 400 supplies too attach a couple of skitterers to a wraith that already costs over 500 supplies. That’s 950 supplies I think for a unit that can be focused down easily. At that point you might as well build a second wraith.
> 3. Allow the skitterer to be built from the mini base. This would allow for better grunt skitterer openings or chopper skitterer openings.
> I wouldn’t expect (or want) all of these changes to be implemented at the same time since that could make them a little too useful. Any one of these ideas in my opinion would be enough to make the skitterer more viable. Feel free let me know your thoughts.

  1. Agreed. I don’t want to put my base upgrades or unit spam on hold to watch a tiny unit take forever to be built
  2. Absolutely. The cost is insane. Early game they are a pit of resources and late game they aren’t effective enough.
  3. I think this would work. They are weak units by themselves and if they stay expensive, it would be a pretty pricey rush to invest it.
    I agree with all points! TOXIC stamp of approval. :smiley:

> 2533275008074988;11:
> i main colony and i still use the engineer skitterer combo with great success in the early game most of the time. but other than that i will only ever make them for the scarab and hunter captain. i dont really have any issues with their price or build time but i woud maybe like to see their population cost go down from 2 to 1.

Someone mentioned this in a past forum and they don’t decrease the population because being able to make a fully pop with 120 skitters would crash the game. It’s more of a mechanical issue than a balancing issue.

> 2533274927740213;7:
> > 2533274866061383;6:
> > No, dont want to deal with skitter rushes or early map control.
> >
> > They are fine.
>
> You wouldn’t have to deal with Skitterer spam. They can only be built at your main base, so you can’t double or triple pump them like scouts or basic infantry.
>
> I’d love some Skitterer buffs.

Not if he is asking for them to be built at mini bases

They are a leader power purchased unit so they are situational

> 2533274866061383;14:
> > 2533274927740213;7:
> > > 2533274866061383;6:
> > > No, dont want to deal with skitter rushes or early map control.
> > >
> > > They are fine.
> >
> > You wouldn’t have to deal with Skitterer spam. They can only be built at your main base, so you can’t double or triple pump them like scouts or basic infantry.
> >
> > I’d love some Skitterer buffs.
>
> Not if he is asking for them to be built at mini bases

I was going off of what the OP said about having one of those changes not all three. Personally I think cost reduction and build speed would be best

Skitters are a very good and unique unit that during tech 1 fights if attached to engineers or scouts or a captain they can be very good.
Once tech 2 if you get the skitter upgrade these things become monsters once attached.
I normally attach them to counter units like reavers or hunters because it gives them more health and allows them to attack the units they normally can’t attack.
Dont forget attaching skitters give the unit increased health as well as if you get vehicle symbiotics and make them even stronger.
Indont nirmally get vehicle symbiotics but the vehicle drop he has gives vehicles symbiotics and is super good. In my opinion colonies Armies with vehicle symbiotics and skitters and combat repair are the strongest out of any leader.