Skirmishers - Fact or Fiction?

Hi, so I have done some calculations: Something is wrong. VERY wrong.

Look here: T'vaoan | Halo Alpha | Fandom

Do you notice the error? No? Let me help you - “It is also known that Skirmishers have reached speeds of up to 150 miles per hour when running.”

…WHAT? That is not possible…!!!

Let us make a few assumptions:
Skirmishers accelerate at a speed similar to a Cheetah (9m/s^2).
Skirmishers weigh approximately 100 pounds (~45kg)
Their heart is able to beat at approximately 250-300bpm.

Why are Skirmishers carrying weaponry? Or even bothering with shields? They could simply hunt in packs of 3 or 4 (or perhaps 5) unarmed and just charge the enemy from a hiding place! Simply running at the enemy makes them roughly equivalent to an “elite-level boxer”[1] punching you: except their entire body makes up the fist.

Imagine that? Two Skirmishers “flank” as usual. Except, they don’t dance around flashing their arms at you; they charge you. No cost of weaponry, no cost of plasma ammo and no need for those fancy laser-shield bucklers. They simply take it in turns charging you, and it is essentially two boxers taking gut shots at you while you beg for your life.

I am requesting a clarification from Bungie on how the skeletal and muscular system of the Skirmisher works. From my viewpoint, it seems they are the most powerful Covenant warrior ever seen. And yet their close cousins (The Jackals) are frowned upon and seen as “cannon fodder”, despite their links to these behemoths. Why do the Elite’s order Skirmishers and Jackals around? Why do Skirmisher’s put up with their crap? I feel a mutiny would have happened by now and that a new order would have been established if the Skirmishers truly had these “alleged” capabilities.

I have another request: That Bunge declare Halo:Reach to not be canon and that in future games Skirmishes be given their rightful place in the Halo universe.

!!!

I see it now: Halo:Reach has perhaps been used to lay the foundations of what could be a huge conspiracy to set up a powerful antagonist in the new sequel. Imagine this: the final level of Halo 6 is simply chasing some sort of Inheritor Skirmisher, fruitlessly realising that no available land technology will be able to keep with them: They have won.

[1] - http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_newtons_does_a_boxer’s_punch_generate

What do you guys think…? Are there other strange characteristics about Covenant in the Halo universe? Please give feedback, corrections and suggestions :)))

I am looking for a calm discussion about this strange fact/mistake/alleged superpower!!

So you suggest that the Skirmishers just run against their enemies with 150 mph to kill them? Or did I misunderstand you?

1 Like

Pretty much! Charge them, or charge at them and bite them to death. Anything really, rather than attempting to out-gun Spartans and Marines.

They are capable of so much, and with some armour modifications and the like they could be the dominant Covenant race.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this hurt the Skirmishers as well? I also don’t think they are very maneuverable at these speeds. Their fighting style in Reach seemed to be quite effective, their defense was just very weak. Give them energy shields and better weapons than plasma pistols and they would be very deadly foes (but maybe too similar to Elites).

1 Like

> Wouldn’t this hurt the Skirmishers as well? I also don’t think they are very maneuverable at these speeds. Their fighting style in Reach seemed to be quite effective, their defense was just very weak. Give them energy shields and better weapons than plasma pistols and they would be very deadly foes (but maybe too similar to Elites).

True…very true. I suppose the “charging” technique is less efficient than I would hope. However even if they don’t physical charge “into” the Marines they could employ other tactics…Perhaps give them energy swords or a variant? Perhaps replace those laser shield bucklers with something similar to Altair’s wrist blades?? Imagine how deadly they would be as assassins!! SLICE, DEAD, and then they flee from the scene of the crime.

And remember, the rest of their anatomy would be able to analyse and understand the environment at those speeds. Their eyes would be able to collect more information, their brains will be able to process the sight information quicker, their arms/wrists muscles will be extremely strong and quick to respond. So running at those speeds wouldn’t be as much of a disadvantage as you might think.

I feel like Skirmishers got nerfed at the last minute or something…Their AI is not representative and can hardly be considered canon.

1 Like

I believe they can run that fast, but they wouldnt need to do it in combat

1 Like

’I am requesting a clarification from Bungie on how the skeletal and muscular system of the Skirmisher works."

Consider this:

What happens when you headshoot a Jackal with a DMR - it is knocked high into the air.
This would suggest Jackals are hollow-boned (see also how easily and how far they are flung when you melee them).

The same is true if you hit a speeding Skirmisher with a pistol or DMR headshot. It too is flung high.
So again this would suggest these creatures are also light and hollow-boned, a fact borne out with the ease and height they jump and with an examination of a dead example.

Of course, if this theory is correct, then even a pack of Skirmishers would stand no chance in a collision with a massively armoured Spartan.

Now that I’ve indulged you,answer me this:

What happens to Jorge’s little friend, the girl who is stolen by the Elites in Winter Contingency?
Her body is nowhere to be found when you ‘clear the hole’ and the Servers Room (I know, I looked).

Did those evil perverted Covie swine take her for some dastardly experiment?

2 Likes

Well they can 100% bite them to death, no doubt.

And…

Cheetas can go up to 80mph so…

I can see maybe 120 mph achievable but they would tire quick

No she was with Jorge

Ok, i will write iut my thoughts now more consisly.

I think that 150 moh is stretching it but maybe the fastest of them can achieve that surely not for long though.

I think an average of 100-120 is fair considering cheetas can run up to 80 mph and are not hollow boned.

The thing with this ram idea though…. Interesting but Kig-yar are more fragile that humans because of their bones. Sure Skirmishers are probably more hardy than the normal Ruttian but they would hirt themselves a lot. But, the idea with the energy swords is a VERY good idea.

They are super agile and quick to respond and if they had energy swords and were runnign at 100 mph, you wouldn’t see em comming and they would be VERY effective. That is a very good idea.

Kig-yar in CQB (with energy swords lol) would shred people way more effective than a Sangheili. They are quite quick and agile and they react well and giving them a weapon that doesn’t need strength makes them insanely strong up close.

Also, Skirmishers are criminally underrated in the halk fan base…. Makes me sad

EDIT: i read the website and it says they run 45 MPH. Still really fast and all these points still stand, they would still be very effective in an ambush with swords

Is this 9 year old thread like a test subject to see how they would be migrated?

Edit: I see a couple of more old posts here in the other Halo section of the forums. So I assume the migration process is slowly underway?

1 Like

Dang

Didn’t realize it was this old lol

1 Like