'Skirmish AI tactical settings' idea. 343 plz read

What if you could adjust the skirmish AI’s tactics for training purposes? In the game setup lobby, there would be a settings such as ‘rush,’ ‘turtle,’ ‘single unit spam,’ ‘unit cap,’(someone who trains and upgrades units in front of his base until he reaches the unit cap, then attacks at full force) ‘random,’ etc. It would help a lot with training yourself to prepare for the more troublesome tactics, especially when you’re on pc and you get a match a decade. AI matches would be instantaneous and give you unlimited chances to learn to counter certain tactics, without wrecking your CSR. 343 please take this thought into account, I really want to practice countering rushers. I know the method, I just got to perfect it. plz.

> 2535449076192416;1:
> What if you could adjust the skirmish AI’s tactics for training purposes? In the game setup lobby, there would be a settings such as ‘rush,’ ‘turtle,’ ‘single unit spam,’ ‘unit cap,’(someone who trains and upgrades units in front of his base until he reaches the unit cap, then attacks at full force) ‘random,’ etc. It would help a lot with training yourself to prepare for the more troublesome tactics, especially when you’re on pc and you get a match a decade. AI matches would be instantaneous and give you unlimited chances to learn to counter certain tactics, without wrecking your CSR. 343 please take this thought into account, I really want to practice countering rushers. I know the method, I just got to perfect it. plz.

This sounds like an AWESOME IDEA!

It would also be cool to restrict them from using certain units.

How bout a online mode where players fight against 1-3 neural network based AI that runs on Windows Azure and is constantly evolving? We could end up with something like AlphaGo.

Would definitely spice things up for skirmishes on HW2, it did wonders for SC2 and C&C skirmishes in my own experience.

Ya sounds like a cool Idea. It would take a lot of code to pull off though.

> 2535449076192416;1:
> What if you could adjust the skirmish AI’s tactics for training purposes? In the game setup lobby, there would be a settings such as ‘rush,’ ‘turtle,’ ‘single unit spam,’ ‘unit cap,’(someone who trains and upgrades units in front of his base until he reaches the unit cap, then attacks at full force) ‘random,’ etc. It would help a lot with training yourself to prepare for the more troublesome tactics, especially when you’re on pc and you get a match a decade. AI matches would be instantaneous and give you unlimited chances to learn to counter certain tactics, without wrecking your CSR. 343 please take this thought into account, I really want to practice countering rushers. I know the method, I just got to perfect it. plz.

That would actually be a fantastic idea. Get some high level player like Nakamura (who just posted the build order guide) to provide builds and make the AI better at executing them.

> 2533274820642782;7:
> > 2535449076192416;1:
> > What if you could adjust the skirmish AI’s tactics for training purposes? In the game setup lobby, there would be a settings such as ‘rush,’ ‘turtle,’ ‘single unit spam,’ ‘unit cap,’(someone who trains and upgrades units in front of his base until he reaches the unit cap, then attacks at full force) ‘random,’ etc. It would help a lot with training yourself to prepare for the more troublesome tactics, especially when you’re on pc and you get a match a decade. AI matches would be instantaneous and give you unlimited chances to learn to counter certain tactics, without wrecking your CSR. 343 please take this thought into account, I really want to practice countering rushers. I know the method, I just got to perfect it. plz.
>
> That would actually be a fantastic idea. Get some high level player like Nakamura (who just posted the build order guide) to provide builds and make the AI better at executing them.

I mean, it just so happens to BE my job! :smiley:

> 2533274958100139;8:
> > 2533274820642782;7:
> > > 2535449076192416;1:
> > > What if you could adjust the skirmish AI’s tactics for training purposes? In the game setup lobby, there would be a settings such as ‘rush,’ ‘turtle,’ ‘single unit spam,’ ‘unit cap,’(someone who trains and upgrades units in front of his base until he reaches the unit cap, then attacks at full force) ‘random,’ etc. It would help a lot with training yourself to prepare for the more troublesome tactics, especially when you’re on pc and you get a match a decade. AI matches would be instantaneous and give you unlimited chances to learn to counter certain tactics, without wrecking your CSR. 343 please take this thought into account, I really want to practice countering rushers. I know the method, I just got to perfect it. plz.
> >
> > That would actually be a fantastic idea. Get some high level player like Nakamura (who just posted the build order guide) to provide builds and make the AI better at executing them.
>
> I mean, it just so happens to BE my job! :smiley:

I bet you love your job too! Honestly though, who gets to work on a game that others play to relax or get away from their everyday lives? Must be pretty great

That sounds like an amazing idea! Think of all the possibilities with it. I thinks some of the best settings would be…

Rush (attacks early game)

Turtle (doesn’t attack early, builds heavy defense)

Offensive (attacks your base(s) constantly)

Defensive (defends base, only attacks occasionally)

Unit cap (builds maximum amount of units before attacking)

Aggressive (always builds counters to your units)