Skipping Awakening the Nightmare - Disappointed

So… you’re telling me I spent $80 on the ultimate edition of this game, including the season pass (a pass that is supposed to include all DLC) and you still ask me to drop $20 on this expansion? For what, a few missions and a couple modes? No thanks. 343 never fails to disappoint. It’s too bad they wasted a chance to do Halo 3: Anniversary for this.

> 2533274835781046;1:
> So… you’re telling me I spent $80 on the ultimate edition of this game, including the season pass (a pass that is supposed to include all DLC) and you still ask me to drop $20 on this expansion? For what, a few missions and a couple modes? No thanks. 343 never fails to disappoint. It’s too bad they wasted a chance to do Halo 3: Anniversary for this.

I can see both arguments - but it’s also probably best to stick to the original discussion here.I would also say that 343i isn’t doing a whole lot with this, as it’s a Creative Assembly production for the most part. I don’t think they’re exactly allocating resources that could’ve been used on H3A to work on HW2 DLC. They’re more than likely looking to support Halo 5 or the next title.

Not that one affects the other, but H3 anniversary would’ve been a waste of resources.

H3 is modern enough that it doesn’t need an anniversary edition and already saw a re-release with the MCC.

Not every Halo needs an anniversary edition.

Where did it say you’d be getting all the DLC? Oh wait it didn’t. This was very costly to produce, so the season pass likely couldn’t fund it. Think of it this way, Grim said that the season pass was worth the $20 price. Grun said this is also $20, so it’s worth the price.

> 2533274835781046;1:
> So… you’re telling me I spent $80 on the ultimate edition of this game, including the season pass (a pass that is supposed to include all DLC) and you still ask me to drop $20 on this expansion? For what, a few missions and a couple modes? No thanks. 343 never fails to disappoint. It’s too bad they wasted a chance to do Halo 3: Anniversary for this.

I am disappointed too, but the season pass never said it will include all DLC, it said it only covers 6 months and a campaign expansion (changed to missions-don’t know when though). If you were one of those who preordered based on the original description of the season pass (where it said it would include the campaign expansion) then I understand your frustration.

I think we should give it a few days, see how “big” it is (it must be large to warrant being sold seperately, surely). However, that does not excuse the fact that 343 did not make it clear a major expansion would not be part of the season pass. So, therefore, no one should really blame you for being frustrated as it is 343s fault for not putting some sort of roadmap or clarifying details of the season pass.

I don’t really understand the disappointment tbh, you’re still getting everything you thought you where getting in the season pass, 6 months worth of leaders and a expansion on the campaign.

Would you prefer to get to the end of the 6 months (August coming) and have support for the game to stop? I think it’s great that there’s an expansion pack coming after the promised DLC! And I don’t mind paying for it being as it’s extra to what we’ve paid for in the season pass!

Looking forward to it!

> 2535455681930574;4:
> Where did it say you’d be getting all the DLC? Oh wait it didn’t. This was very costly to produce, so the season pass likely couldn’t fund it. Think of it this way, Grim said that the season pass was worth the $20 price. Grun said this is also $20, so it’s worth the price.

Exactly, it never said ALL DLC, I don’t know where people are getting that from. Stop twisting it. ATN expansion is huge and they would lose money on it if it was included in the season pass. If you check the news tab on waypoint, you’ll see at the bottom of the article that there is still 2 campaign missions coming and 2 more leaders, with the season pass. There’s also another post on here that has the original season pass post, read it people. Check your facts! The season pass will get us 7 leaders (7 at launch plus the 7 here totaling 14), all at $6 a pop, plus two missions. That’s more than worth it moneywise. If they put ATN in this as well they would lose so much money the product would come out crappy anyways. I’m glad some people are actually sticking up for 343i and CA in this.

> 2533274809541057;3:
> Not that one affects the other, but H3 anniversary would’ve been a waste of resources.
>
> H3 is modern enough that it doesn’t need an anniversary edition and already saw a re-release with the MCC.
>
> Not every Halo needs an anniversary edition.

2024: Halo: The Halo Collection: Anniversary Edition: Features Halo: Anniversary-Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary-Anniversary, Halo 3: Anniversary, ODST: Anniversary, Halo Wars: Anniversary, Reach: Anniversary, Halo 4: Anniversary, Halo 5, Halo Wars: 2, Halo 6, Halo 7, and access to the Halo 5: Anniversary beta.

> 2533274875084332;5:
> > 2533274835781046;1:
> > So… you’re telling me I spent $80 on the ultimate edition of this game, including the season pass (a pass that is supposed to include all DLC) and you still ask me to drop $20 on this expansion? For what, a few missions and a couple modes? No thanks. 343 never fails to disappoint. It’s too bad they wasted a chance to do Halo 3: Anniversary for this.
>
> I am disappointed too, but the season pass never said it will include all DLC, it said it only covers 6 months and a campaign expansion (changed to missions-don’t know when though). If you were one of those who preordered based on the original description of the season pass (where it said it would include the campaign expansion) then I understand your frustration.
>
> I think we should give it a few days, see how “big” it is (it must be large to warrant being sold seperately, surely). However, that does not excuse the fact that 343 did not make it clear a major expansion would not be part of the season pass. So, therefore, no one should really blame you for being frustrated as it is 343s fault for not putting some sort of roadmap or clarifying details of the season pass.

I heard an interesting point that the description might have been changed to avoid confusion between the 2 different campaign expansions. While the Operation SpearBreaker expansion is going to be smaller it is still a campaign expansion.

> 2533274885366806;7:
> > 2535455681930574;4:
> > Where did it say you’d be getting all the DLC? Oh wait it didn’t. This was very costly to produce, so the season pass likely couldn’t fund it. Think of it this way, Grim said that the season pass was worth the $20 price. Grun said this is also $20, so it’s worth the price.
>
> Exactly, it never said ALL DLC, I don’t know where people are getting that from. Stop twisting it. ATN expansion is huge and they would lose money on it if it was included in the season pass. If you check the news tab on waypoint, you’ll see at the bottom of the article that there is still 2 campaign missions coming and 2 more leaders, with the season pass. There’s also another post on here that has the original season pass post, read it people. Check your facts! The season pass will get us 14 leaders, all at $6 a pop, plus two missions. That’s more than worth it moneywise. If they put ATN in this as well they would lose so much money the product would come out crappy anyways. I’m glad some people are actually sticking up for 343i and CA in this.

to clarify the season pass is for 7 leaders on top of the 7 launch leaders for a total of 14, not 14 in the season pass.

> 2533274844984484;10:
> > 2533274885366806;7:
> > > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > Where did it say you’d be getting all the DLC? Oh wait it didn’t. This was very costly to produce, so the season pass likely couldn’t fund it. Think of it this way, Grim said that the season pass was worth the $20 price. Grun said this is also $20, so it’s worth the price.
> >
> > Exactly, it never said ALL DLC, I don’t know where people are getting that from. Stop twisting it. ATN expansion is huge and they would lose money on it if it was included in the season pass. If you check the news tab on waypoint, you’ll see at the bottom of the article that there is still 2 campaign missions coming and 2 more leaders, with the season pass. There’s also another post on here that has the original season pass post, read it people. Check your facts! The season pass will get us 14 leaders, all at $6 a pop, plus two missions. That’s more than worth it moneywise. If they put ATN in this as well they would lose so much money the product would come out crappy anyways. I’m glad some people are actually sticking up for 343i and CA in this.
>
> to clarify the season pass is for 7 leaders on top of the 7 launch leaders for a total of 14, not 14 in the season pass.

Yes that’s my bad i noticed this when I was typing my other post about this. Thanks for clearing that up

> 2533274835781046;1:
> So… you’re telling me I spent $80 on the ultimate edition of this game, including the season pass (a pass that is supposed to include all DLC) and you still ask me to drop $20 on this expansion? For what, a few missions and a couple modes? No thanks. 343 never fails to disappoint. It’s too bad they wasted a chance to do Halo 3: Anniversary for this.

The season pass wasn’t made to include all DLC. It was made to provide 6 months of content, and 343 is delivering on that. Are you really so cheap as to expect an entirely new campaign, complete with cutscenes and a new faction, to be free with the $20 season pass?

> 2533274844984484;9:
> > 2533274875084332;5:
> > > 2533274835781046;1:
> > > So… you’re telling me I spent $80 on the ultimate edition of this game, including the season pass (a pass that is supposed to include all DLC) and you still ask me to drop $20 on this expansion? For what, a few missions and a couple modes? No thanks. 343 never fails to disappoint. It’s too bad they wasted a chance to do Halo 3: Anniversary for this.
> >
> > I am disappointed too, but the season pass never said it will include all DLC, it said it only covers 6 months and a campaign expansion (changed to missions-don’t know when though). If you were one of those who preordered based on the original description of the season pass (where it said it would include the campaign expansion) then I understand your frustration.
> >
> > I think we should give it a few days, see how “big” it is (it must be large to warrant being sold seperately, surely). However, that does not excuse the fact that 343 did not make it clear a major expansion would not be part of the season pass. So, therefore, no one should really blame you for being frustrated as it is 343s fault for not putting some sort of roadmap or clarifying details of the season pass.
>
> I heard an interesting point that the description might have been changed to avoid confusion between the 2 different campaign expansions. While the Operation SpearBreaker expansion is going to be smaller it is still a campaign expansion.

I get your point, however a 2 mission mini campaign is not an expansion. It is what would be considered a “campaign add-on pack”. Hence, why they changed the pass to say missions because the original plan for a proper expansion did not work out to plan, most likely. That, or the 2 mission pack was supposed to be larger, but they decided to put more time into the banished one.

Hold up, this isn’t the story DLC we knew about already? This is extra? We’re still getting that too with the Season Pass? This is just a little bonus add on for $20?

… ok then. Nevermind. That’s different. I misunderstood.

To reduce the amount of threads we have discussing this, redirecting here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/atn-not-in-season-pass/6e782f8e-1343-4f43-87ac-013851eb2e7b/posts