skins?

alright 343 I know this is a simple thing but can we get some more skins for our units, like a hannible skin for the mechs, phoenix skin for vultures, kraken skin for the scarab etc. Make some of them for achievements but if you want to justify the time to make them then put some of them in blitz packs its a win win the community can make a army full of flames and monsters. I like the simple change for the blisterback pearl skin but plz more.

I think ske7ch on Reddit mentioned the reasons why we don’t have skins… I’ll find a link for you.

> 2533274927740213;2:
> I think ske7ch on Reddit mentioned the reasons why we don’t have skins… I’ll find a link for you.

I’d like to read that, it would have been a good way to make microtransactions.

> 2533275001759937;3:
> > 2533274927740213;2:
> > I think ske7ch on Reddit mentioned the reasons why we don’t have skins… I’ll find a link for you.
>
> I’d like to read that, it would have been a good way to make microtransactions.

Me too. I am pretty content with my UNSC camo skin from those twitter promos. But more would be cool. What does Ske7ch say?

Here’s the quote:

> > The allocation of resources for the game probably does not allow for support for tons of additional textures without hit to performance. Let’s say it’s a 3v3 and all six of us have different textures. Thats a TON of memory being utilized.
> This is basically the issue as I understand it. Unfortunately there are no plans to add anymore skins to the game.

> 2533274927740213;5:
> Here’s the quote:
>
>
>
>
> > > The allocation of resources for the game probably does not allow for support for tons of additional textures without hit to performance. Let’s say it’s a 3v3 and all six of us have different textures. Thats a TON of memory being utilized.
> > This is basically the issue as I understand it. Unfortunately there are no plans to add anymore skins to the game.

Thanks for linking to it, so the Xbox One’s lack of VRAM is the issue then.

> 2533275001759937;6:
> > 2533274927740213;5:
> > Here’s the quote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > > The allocation of resources for the game probably does not allow for support for tons of additional textures without hit to performance. Let’s say it’s a 3v3 and all six of us have different textures. Thats a TON of memory being utilized.
> > > This is basically the issue as I understand it. Unfortunately there are no plans to add anymore skins to the game.
>
> Thanks for linking to it, so the Xbox One’s lack of VRAM is the issue then.

Actually forgot to post the link :joy: here it is

These are the reasons I’m excited for the Scorpio. More powerful hardware=more options for games.

Their PC games will only be truly successful when they take full advantage of what the PC can do, having it on parity with the Xbox One version is only hurting it.

Scorpio can only be a good thing for everybody, the console gamers get more powerful hardware and the PC players will get games that look better, have more features and hopefully better 4K support. Right now Halo Wars DE has better 4K support than Halo Wars 2 for some reason.

> 2533274927740213;5:
> Here’s the quote:
>
>
>
>
> > > The allocation of resources for the game probably does not allow for support for tons of additional textures without hit to performance. Let’s say it’s a 3v3 and all six of us have different textures. Thats a TON of memory being utilized.
> > This is basically the issue as I understand it. Unfortunately there are no plans to add anymore skins to the game.

The for the post… Here’s to hopefully 343 will go nuts for future doc for he2 on the Scorpio. At least we got the white skins

there were skins in halo wars 1 wasnt there

> 2533274859255160;10:
> there were skins in halo wars 1 wasnt there

Yes and there is in HW2 also but one of them does not work unless you have the other because of some bug they have not fixed since launch day.