Skins in Arena and Req Rates

So I’ve read that your skins will only apply to the weapons you start with in arena, and this seems the more likely occurrence. The problem here is it completely removes req pack appeal for people who won’t be playing a ton of warzone. Initially, I was pumped when I heard about req packs, but if our skins aren’t applied to weapons we pick up from the map then that leaves two weapons that arena-goers like myself will want out of req packs. I want to be able to see more than my pistol and AR in arena! Overall, it’s an awesome feature, I just don’t want to see it lose interest from a bunch of people because of one minor issue.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m almost positive our skins don’t apply to weapons we pick up, which is an absolute disappointment. I understand that I’m being nit picky and the game has yet to even release, but I want to make sure 343 has all the info they need to solve any problems.

Another potential issue is req pack rates. I understand that we have little info on the matter since there are very few req pack opening videos on youtube, but from what I’ve seen, the results have been underwhelming. I think armor drops at the perfect rate and shouldn’t be touched, but I saw very few weapons dropped, and most that were dropped were plain and had a different scope. If the issue I mentioned above is true, and only two weapon skins will actually appear in arena, then I predict most will lose interest in req packs very quickly. Of course, I don’t want weapons to be dropping all the time, but based on what I’ve seen req packs could use a little weapon drop rate increase.

That’s how I understand it will be I’m afraid!

i think skins will be applied to only the guns you spawn with. similar to CSGO.

I wonder if you kill someone with a skin and pick up their weapon that gun will still have their skin.

“I want that guys gun to be my colors”

What?

> 2535433101869971;2:
> That’s how I understand it will be I’m afraid!

> 2533274830783389;3:
> i think skins will be applied to only the guns you spawn with. similar to CSGO.
>
> I wonder if you kill someone with a skin and pick up their weapon that gun will still have their skin.

More confirmation here ^^

I believe the skins will work exactly like CSGO, they’re applied to weapons you spawn with and weapons you pick up that other players spawn with. The issue here is that it leaves so many plain weapon skins when there could be a sick skin applied to them! It also means there are only two weapons of interest to arena-primary players when opening req packs.

> 2533274935111428;4:
> “I want that guys gun to be my colors”
>
> What?

I’m just as confused as you are.

I can’t wait to equip the new sets of weapons skins include in Halo 5 guardian.

> 2533274949043159;7:
> I can’t wait to equip the new sets of weapons skins include in Halo 5 guardian.

That makes two of us, I just want to be able to see more than two of my weapons in arena.

The fact that we have AR in arena instead of BR is really something I can`t get over. I thought I could but no, its just too gamechanging.

> 2533274813257035;9:
> The fact that we have AR in arena instead of BR is really something I can`t get over. I thought I could but no, its just too gamechanging.

Play the game first before you judge

I think it’ll be good to have the colour of most weapons in keeping with their ‘usual’ looks in Arena because I can imagine warzone becoming a bit like gears 3 where weapon skins look so unlikely/impractical that they take away from the immersion. That and make you easier to spot.

> 2535433101869971;11:
> I think it’ll be good to have the colour of most weapons in keeping with their ‘usual’ looks in Arena because I can imagine warzone becoming a bit like gears 3 where weapon skins look so unlikely/impractical that they take away from the immersion. That and make you easier to spot.

I do agree with most of what your saying. Alot of the weapon skins are just ridiculous and especially in Gears some are just downright silly. However, there is just no way I’m gonna notice some guys hot pink weapon before I notice him. I never understood that argument, I don’t look for colors when I’m searching for someone. Not to mention the enemy is either bright red or blue anyway.

Arena also covers SWAT and Breakout, where you have SMG and BR spawns. So its more than just the AR/Pistol. Just a matter of what you play.

And a Gold Pack is about 5 Warzone games. Not counting Level Up and Commendation rewards. You’ll be getting a fairly steady stream of Req Packs,

> 2533274842918190;13:
> Arena also covers SWAT and Breakout, where you have SMG and BR spawns. So its more than just the AR/Pistol. Just a matter of what you play.
>
> And a Gold Pack is about 5 Warzone games. Not counting Level Up and Commendation rewards. You’ll be getting a fairly steady stream of Req Packs,

I’m pretty sure that swat is magnum starts and breakout is smg magnum, I don’t think there are any BR starts in arena. Regardless, I shouldn’t have to play a specific mode to see my BR skin. On top of that, the rest of the weapons are still pointless outside of warzone.

A gold pack is 5 games of warzone or 10 games of arena, roughly 100 minutes each. That means that I’ll be getting about 2 gold packs in 3 hours, which isn’t bad in terms of armor but considering the drops I’ve seen so far I would roughly say it takes at least 5 gold packs (500 minutes) to get a skin that isn’t plain w/ a scope. I guess in that the req pack rates could be debated considering it’s a grind but not completely ridiculous, but I’d still say that amount of play time (it’s just an estimate, but I’d say a fair one) is asking too much for the average player and they will quickly lose interest in req packs.

Although whether they should increase weapon drops in req packs is debatable, I see no point in the lack of skins in arena. Unless it’s a truly monumental task for 343, the inclusion of skins beyond spawn-in weapons would significantly increase interest in req packs for arena players.

> 2533274811334140;12:
> > 2535433101869971;11:
> > I think it’ll be good to have the colour of most weapons in keeping with their ‘usual’ looks in Arena because I can imagine warzone becoming a bit like gears 3 where weapon skins look so unlikely/impractical that they take away from the immersion. That and make you easier to spot.
>
>
> I do agree with most of what your saying. Alot of the weapon skins are just ridiculous and especially in Gears some are just downright silly. However, there is just no way I’m gonna notice some guys hot pink weapon before I notice him. I never understood that argument, I don’t look for colors when I’m searching for someone. Not to mention the enemy is either bright red or blue anyway.

“However, there is just no way I’m gonna notice some guys hot pink weapon before I notice him.”
^This

Also, the only reason I as far as I know to not include all skins is that they would take away from immersion. This might be a viable argument, but in CSGO professional players use thousand dollar skins on the main stage and there’s no problem. As far as competitive multiplayer, I would say skins do nothing to take away from immersion.

> 2533274935111428;4:
> “I want that guys gun to be my colors”
>
> What?

I think he means that he wants his skin to apply to all weapons he picks up. Like if he kills an enemy who was using a BR and he picks it up, he will want it to convert to his own skin that he has set for it.

> 2533274927539545;16:
> > 2533274935111428;4:
> > “I want that guys gun to be my colors”
> >
> > What?
>
>
> I think he means that he wants his skin to apply to all weapons he picks up. Like if he kills an enemy who was using a BR and he picks it up, he will want it to convert to his own skin that he has set for it.

Ahhh that makes sense. Honestly, I’d rather see their skin, it could be like picking up an AWP Dragon Lore in CSGO.

> 2533274879188268;17:
> > 2533274927539545;16:
> > > 2533274935111428;4:
> > > “I want that guys gun to be my colors”
> > >
> > > What?
> >
> >
> > I think he means that he wants his skin to apply to all weapons he picks up. Like if he kills an enemy who was using a BR and he picks it up, he will want it to convert to his own skin that he has set for it.
>
>
> Ahhh that makes sense. Honestly, I’d rather see their skin, it could be like picking up an AWP Dragon Lore in CSGO.

^This…I can stare at my skin till I’m blue in the face. I’ll spawn with it every time but I’m more interested in what you have…that’s why I’ll be taking it.:smiling_imp:

> 2533274813257035;9:
> The fact that we have AR in arena instead of BR is really something I can`t get over. I thought I could but no, its just too gamechan

2533274964142528;10:

2533274813257035;9:
The fact that we have AR in arena instead of BR is really something I can`t get over. I thought I could but no, its just too gamechanging.
> >
> >
> > Play the game first before you judge
>
> From the h5 twitch streams, ARS arnt being used much. and only with very close quarter battles

> 2533274879188268;6:
> > 2533274935111428;4:
> > “I want that guys gun to be my colors”
> >
> > What?
>
>
> I’m just as confused as you are.

…As am I. I can understand the appeal to have power weapons change to your own, but really that is no different to an enemy’s weapon changing colour too.