Skill rating system. Is it possible?

Would it be possible for 343i to implement a skill rating system such as the 1-50 system?

If it is, I don’t see why they wouldn’t. These magicians can probably give you a choice.
Do you want to see your skill rating, or do you want see your rank (the one we can see now, the credits rank)?
You could easily choose which one you want to see.

I’m starting to love this game again but it doesn’t keep me as motivated as I was during the time of Halo 3.
What I miss is the skill rating. It kept me motivated as the competitive player I am.

I would love to see it coming back, or if they make their own, I don’t mind.
I know there are more people then I who support this and, well, I just wanted to bring it up, but as for the main question;

Do you guys think it would be possible for them to create a skill rating system, or use the one now but make is visible for the people who wants to see it?

Is it really possible to quantify skill?

No.

I liked the Halo 3 rating system. Let’s me know where I stand in MM.

The thing I liked about Halo3 ranking system was that it required teamwork, if you wanted to rank up in bigteam your team had to win, it wasn’t anuff if you and you alone did good, plus if you weren’t to great in a certain playlist you would be matched up with other people who also weren’t to great both friendly and foe. That ranking system was the best out of all the Halo’s and I love to it come back.

> plus if you weren’t to great in a certain playlist you would be matched up with other people who also weren’t to great both friendly and foe.

That’s still there, you just can’t see their highest skill.

What I want is the ability to “flip the switch” to make is visible if you want to.

No one else wants this? It’s the best of two worlds :wink:

I would approve of this.

It’s certainly the superior system.

Only time will tell.

> It’s certainly the superior system.
>
> Only time will tell.

Yeah, I mean, if they can do this, then why wouldn’t them? It’s not like you have to see your highest skill if you don’t want to. It’s still there as it is.

I still want this, but the new skill level in your service record is pretty cool, but you can only see it on the computer.

EDIT: Battle Proficiency Rating*

I prefer Reach’s ranking system over Halo 2 or 3.

> I prefer Reach’s ranking system over Halo 2 or 3.

That’s why I would like the option to either see your skill rating or your current rank in Reach. See my point? :slight_smile:

The ones who want to see their highest skill, can, and the ones who doesn’t, doesn’t have to. The TrueSkill is still there, isn’t it?