Skill ranking?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post flamebait.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Is this true or is it just a rumor? I thought gaming companies have long abandoned skill ranking due to scrubby players crying over the fact that theyre bad

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate comments.

Every time I see someone say scrub I want to kill a baby.
And they are making it so people you play with are your relative skill level.

>

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Same here. I hate people who use such stupid lingo like garbage, BK, Scrub, random, tryhard, etc. It makes them sound like a total jack -Yoink- in front of everyone.

>

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Only a scrub would want to kill a baby. Get some counselling in you, kid.

I dont care if players are bad. I just hate when bad players have a problem with good players being able to show off a little.

>

What’s sad is that like most of “gaming lingo” they totally misunderstand the purpose and description of that word and simplified it into just an insult :\

> I dont care if players are bad. I just hate when bad players have a problem with good players being able to show off a little.

Showing off skill in a videogame is for people with Attention Deficit Disorder. Congrats.

> > I dont care if players are bad. I just hate when bad players have a problem with good players being able to show off a little.
>
> Showing off skill in a videogame is for people with Attention Deficit Disorder. Congrats.

Some people enjoy playing a video game regardless of whether they win or lose but there are some people who find the fun in being good at the game and trying to win. Just the way things are deal with it.

> What’s sad is that like most of “gaming lingo” they totally misunderstand the purpose and description of that word and simplified it into just an insult :\

Indeed, so many words are now just insults.

We discussed this in class yesterday over an article “Internet makes you stupid”, and I agree. Some research had concluded that the “ability” to read long text is gone, speech is worse, not just in general but the language itself is repetetive, uninformative and full of unsults and curses.

Having not been on the front row of this theatre but up on the stage with the actors, I can say that this is true. Although I think it’s a matter of how you use the internet. The majority rather reads their friend’s status update on Twitter, Facebook and instagram. “HarHar, just came from the toilet and now I’m 2 kgs ligther”, “Here’s a before and after picture of the scale, and here’s what’s in the toilet”.

Reading longer texts, well yes that’s gone too, TL;DR is by far the worst thing I read on any forum, and I’d say that’s a good indication of your reading abilities if you use it a lot.

Then there was some stuff on being easily irritated and anger outbursts, a lot of that on this forum, not being able to respect other people, also on this forum.

Very scary future.

So I’d say it’s natural that any word used to describe a person in a negative way is quickly transformed into an insult that can be used anywhere at any time by the ones who doesn’t know better. They also often defend their bad attitude, grammar and language with “Herpaderp, this is the internet EVERYONE swears and uses bad grammar”.

One of the more moronic excuses to be noneducated, then again, those two go hand in hand.

OT: Apart from the negative lingo, yes I hope that there is some skill tracking.

>

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

My answer…go back to Bnet…please.

Halo Reach Ranking system is on Halo 4,but instead of credits they are called Spartan Points.All Spartan points can be used to redeem armor and the other great stuff.

> Halo Reach Ranking system is on Halo 4,but instead of credits they are called Spartan Points.All Spartan points can be used to redeem armor and the other great stuff.

This hasn’t been confirmed… We know there is an SR ranking system but it’s not like Reach’s. Please…stop making up stuff we know nothing about yet. The ranking system has yet to be revealed and talked about.

> > I dont care if players are bad. I just hate when bad players have a problem with good players being able to show off a little.
>
> Showing off skill in a videogame is for people with Attention Deficit Disorder. Congrats.

Actually no it’s not “Mr Expert”. I gather everyone that’s got an Xbox Live achievement and is proud enough to show it off a little would have ADD by your standards too, nicely done lol, nicely done… /obvious sarcasm /obvious

Edit: I’ll explain it to you. A person who has ADD lives with a overly repetitive necessity to receive attention from their achievements regardless of the current circumstances.

> > And they are making it so people you play with are your relative skill level.

Its an expression. Hes saying people like you who use words like that frustrate him. The fact that you could not understand it as an expression and responded by not only using the word to show what kind of person you are you also called him a kid. If anyone is “childish” like you are implying it would be you sir.

OT: there are 2 kinds of “ranks” a progression one kind of like reach but you get heavily rewarded for playing the objective aiding the objective and a nice win bonus. Basically making AFKing and stat padders rewarded less.

the second is some sort of skill system made up of letters and numbers. We do not know how this one works yet.

> > Halo Reach Ranking system is on Halo 4,but instead of credits they are called Spartan Points.All Spartan points can be used to redeem armor and the other great stuff.
>
> This hasn’t been confirmed… We know there is an SR ranking system but it’s not like Reach’s. Please…stop making up stuff we know nothing about yet. The ranking system has yet to be revealed and talked about.

Actually that part of it has of course exempting the fact that there isn’t a playlist orientated ranking system.

> > > Halo Reach Ranking system is on Halo 4,but instead of credits they are called Spartan Points.All Spartan points can be used to redeem armor and the other great stuff.
> >
> > This hasn’t been confirmed… We know there is an SR ranking system but it’s not like Reach’s. Please…stop making up stuff we know nothing about yet. The ranking system has yet to be revealed and talked about.
>
> Actually that part of it has of course exempting the fact that there isn’t a playlist orientated ranking system.

I’m talking about the Reach style ranking system. They aren’t using that in Halo 4. If they were using it, I wouldn’t even be happy.

> > > Every time I see someone say scrub I want to kill a baby.
> > > And they are making it so people you play with are your relative skill level.
> >
> > Only a scrub would want to kill a baby. Get some counselling in you, kid.
>
> Its an expression. Hes saying people like you who use words like that frustrate him. The fact that you could not understand it as an expression and responded by not only using the word to show what kind of person you are you also called him a kid. If anyone is “childish” like you are implying it would be you sir.
>
> OT: there are 2 kinds of “ranks” a progression one kind of like reach but you get heavily rewarded for playing the objective aiding the objective and a nice win bonus. Basically making AFKing and stat padders rewarded less.
>
> the second is some sort of skill system made up of letters and numbers. We do not know how this one works yet.

It’s a bad expression, tell me would you go around saying “that makes me want to rpe and m**dr someone” everytime you’re annoyed and are forced to use some kind of cumulative expression, it’s not healthy at the slightest.

> > > > Halo Reach Ranking system is on Halo 4,but instead of credits they are called Spartan Points.All Spartan points can be used to redeem armor and the other great stuff.
> > >
> > > This hasn’t been confirmed… We know there is an SR ranking system but it’s not like Reach’s. Please…stop making up stuff we know nothing about yet. The ranking system has yet to be revealed and talked about.
> >
> > Actually that part of it has of course exempting the fact that there isn’t a playlist orientated ranking system.
>
> I’m talking about the Reach style ranking system. They aren’t using that in Halo 4. If they were using it, I wouldn’t even be happy.

Oh yeah good point, didn’t follow there. You’re right about that.

> > > > Every time I see someone say scrub I want to kill a baby.
> > > > And they are making it so people you play with are your relative skill level.
> > >
> > > Only a scrub would want to kill a baby. Get some counselling in you, kid.
> >
> > Its an expression. Hes saying people like you who use words like that frustrate him. The fact that you could not understand it as an expression and responded by not only using the word to show what kind of person you are you also called him a kid. If anyone is “childish” like you are implying it would be you sir.
> >
> > OT: there are 2 kinds of “ranks” a progression one kind of like reach but you get heavily rewarded for playing the objective aiding the objective and a nice win bonus. Basically making AFKing and stat padders rewarded less.
> >
> > the second is some sort of skill system made up of letters and numbers. We do not know how this one works yet.
>
> It’s a bad expression, tell me would you go around saying “that makes me want to rpe and m**dr someone” everytime you’re annoyed and are forced to use some kind of cumulative expression, it’s not healthy at the slightest.

It matters not if its a bad expression or a good one. Anyone whose been around on the internet or has a social life shouldve heard this term by now and understand it does not mean literally. But said person i quoted either didn’t know or decided to point it out as if the guy ment it literally and made fun of him. Which is still childish as i’ve said above.

> > > > > Every time I see someone say scrub I want to kill a baby.
> > > > > And they are making it so people you play with are your relative skill level.
> > > >
> > > > Only a scrub would want to kill a baby. Get some counselling in you, kid.
> > >
> > > Its an expression. Hes saying people like you who use words like that frustrate him. The fact that you could not understand it as an expression and responded by not only using the word to show what kind of person you are you also called him a kid. If anyone is “childish” like you are implying it would be you sir.
> > >
> > > OT: there are 2 kinds of “ranks” a progression one kind of like reach but you get heavily rewarded for playing the objective aiding the objective and a nice win bonus. Basically making AFKing and stat padders rewarded less.
> > >
> > > the second is some sort of skill system made up of letters and numbers. We do not know how this one works yet.
> >
> > It’s a bad expression, tell me would you go around saying “that makes me want to rpe and m**dr someone” everytime you’re annoyed and are forced to use some kind of cumulative expression, it’s not healthy at the slightest.
>
> It matters not if its a bad expression or a good one. Anyone whose been around on the internet or has a social life shouldve heard this term by now and understand it does not mean literally. But said person i quoted either didn’t know or decided to point it out as if the guy ment it literally and made fun of him. Which is still childish as i’ve said above.

Actually it does in an accustomed response to someone without the slightest clue as to wether or not you’re telling the truth and if that gives you the comfort to go around and say it to anyone and everyone you know that accesses the internet and talks to you because you yourself have become accustomed to it then by all means go ahead, maybe I’ll start the trend where I say ‘I want to cut someones pns off and feed it to that specific person’ it will be acceptable because a bunch of people I know are using the phrase and that by all means necessary wether overly sarcastic or not gives me the right to say it about a video game or something that annoys me and not be taken seriously.

You just don’t assume to use an accustomed phrase with something like that. Unless you’re not very well… some parts may be missing…