Skill Rank

I’ve played the beta and I really enjoyed it, but the one thing that catches my eye is the competitive skill rank. It needs work. I’ve seen myself in games getting a good score. I don’t go negative in kills and deaths, but even if I do good and my team loses my competitive skill rank drops 15 points. I for one think that the competitive skill rank should be based off the players performance in a game instead of basing it off whether the players team won or lost. Maybe look into that a little more before releasing the full game in 2015.

> 2533274840907870;1:
> I’ve played the beta and I really enjoyed it, but the one thing that catches my eye is the competitive skill rank. It needs work. I’ve seen myself in games getting a good score. I don’t go negative in kills and deaths, but even if I do good and my team loses my competitive skill rank drops 15 points. I for one think that the competitive skill rank should be based off the players performance in a game instead of basing it off whether the players team won or lost. Maybe look into that a little more before releasing the full game in 2015.

Well the thing with this is, that u play TEAM Slayer so its not about u its about the Team so if the Team loses u lose too. If there would be Rumble Pit (FFA) then it would depend on your own score, so just wait for H5 coming out and play FFA :slight_smile:

When your team mates over extend & sprint or jump into stupid fights just try be nearby to mop up kills, it’s really the only thing you can do.

This debate has been going on since reach. I believe, even though it works in some ways, it is usually the minority vote as it is a team game and it promotes selfish play, team killing and quitting. Great for rumble pit though.

It’s still kinda stupid though. I can probably get like a perfection and have my team losee and still have my rank drop. It is a little unfair.

> 2533274840907870;5:
> It’s still kinda stupid though. I can probably get like a perfection and have my team losee and still have my rank drop. It is a little unfair.

It’s not “unfair” at all. It’s a team game, not “I did good, therefore I should rank-up even though my team loses.” No other sport on the planet works that way. Get over it.

> 2533275018443322;2:
> > 2533274840907870;1:
> > I’ve played the beta and I really enjoyed it, but the one thing that catches my eye is the competitive skill rank. It needs work. I’ve seen myself in games getting a good score. I don’t go negative in kills and deaths, but even if I do good and my team loses my competitive skill rank drops 15 points. I for one think that the competitive skill rank should be based off the players performance in a game instead of basing it off whether the players team won or lost. Maybe look into that a little more before releasing the full game in 2015.
>
>
>
>
> Well the thing with this is, that u play TEAM Slayer so its not about u its about the Team so if the Team loses u lose too. If there would be Rumble Pit (FFA) then it would depend on your own score, so just wait for H5 coming out and play FFA :slight_smile:

So because there are one or two -Yoinks!- that don’t play as TEAM and stick together and constantly run off on their own and die I should lose rank? I don’t think so.

You have to play smart or you will cause your team to lose. That guy hanging back and protecting his stats is also trying to win the game, he’s just trying to do it in a less hazardous way.

The correct answer is a mixture of both. Yes winning should weigh heavily on your rank. But it should not be the only deciding factor, since I can’t control how other people want to play.

> 2533274817814977;7:
> > 2533275018443322;2:
> > > 2533274840907870;1:
> > > I’ve played the beta and I really enjoyed it, but the one thing that catches my eye is the competitive skill rank. It needs work. I’ve seen myself in games getting a good score. I don’t go negative in kills and deaths, but even if I do good and my team loses my competitive skill rank drops 15 points. I for one think that the competitive skill rank should be based off the players performance in a game instead of basing it off whether the players team won or lost. Maybe look into that a little more before releasing the full game in 2015.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Well the thing with this is, that u play TEAM Slayer so its not about u its about the Team so if the Team loses u lose too. If there would be Rumble Pit (FFA) then it would depend on your own score, so just wait for H5 coming out and play FFA :slight_smile:
>
>
> So because there are one or two -Yoinks!- that don’t play as TEAM and stick together and constantly run off on their own and die I should lose rank? I don’t think so.
>
> You have to play smart or you will cause your team to lose. That guy hanging back and protecting his stats is also trying to win the game, he’s just trying to do it in a less hazardous way.
>
> The correct answer is a mixture of both. Yes winning should weigh heavily on your rank. But it should not be the only deciding factor, since I can’t control how other people want to play.

I like this guy, he knows what’s up.

> 2625759425622793;6:
> > 2533274840907870;5:
> > It’s still kinda stupid though. I can probably get like a perfection and have my team losee and still have my rank drop. It is a little unfair.
>
> It’s not “unfair” at all. It’s a team game, not “I did good, therefore I should rank-up even though my team loses.” No other sport on the planet works that way. Get over it.

> 2533274840907870;9:
> > 2625759425622793;6:
> > > 2533274840907870;5:
> > > It’s still kinda stupid though. I can probably get like a perfection and have my team losee and still have my rank drop. It is a little unfair.
> >
> >
> > It’s not “unfair” at all. It’s a team game, not “I did good, therefore I should rank-up even though my team loses.” No other sport on the planet works that way. Get over it.

So when it comes down to let’s say an NBA Draft of NFL Draft, do think those coaches will pick players based off their performance as an individual or as a team? Why do you think each individual has their own personal stats? The same should go with the competitive skill rank in this game. “No other sport on this planet works that way.” Almost every sport kind of does.

> 2533274840907870;1:
> I’ve played the beta and I really enjoyed it, but the one thing that catches my eye is the competitive skill rank. It needs work. I’ve seen myself in games getting a good score. I don’t go negative in kills and deaths, but even if I do good and my team loses my competitive skill rank drops 15 points. I for one think that the competitive skill rank should be based off the players performance in a game instead of basing it off whether the players team won or lost. Maybe look into that a little more before releasing the full game in 2015.

I couldn’t agree more the skill ranking should measure ‘skill’ rather than w/l ratio, I find it similar to you, unfair. Why should i be punished for the games balancing algorithm. Today I went from gold 2 to gold 3 back to Gold 2 without ever going negative because I was winning with a 3.0 k/d then losing with a 2.0 kd it felt like a see-saw and a somewhat wasted effort. My KDA is 8.5 yet I’m in gold division due to bad luck on teammates.

> 2533274808719496;11:
> > 2533274840907870;1:
> > I’ve played the beta and I really enjoyed it, but the one thing that catches my eye is the competitive skill rank. It needs work. I’ve seen myself in games getting a good score. I don’t go negative in kills and deaths, but even if I do good and my team loses my competitive skill rank drops 15 points. I for one think that the competitive skill rank should be based off the players performance in a game instead of basing it off whether the players team won or lost. Maybe look into that a little more before releasing the full game in 2015.
>
> I couldn’t agree more the skill ranking should measure ‘skill’ rather than w/l ratio, I find it similar to you, unfair. Why should i be punished for the games balancing algorithm. Today I went from gold 2 to gold 3 back to Gold 2 without ever going negative because I was winning with a 3.0 k/d then losing with a 2.0 kd it felt like a see-saw and a somewhat wasted effort. My KDA is 8.5 yet I’m in gold division due to bad luck on teammates.
>
> Exactly the skill ranking system is crap.

There’s seven divisions, iron, bronze, silver, gold, onyx, semi pro and pro. The last two have a different structure. If you reach them you’ll also be placed with points on how you score in each match so they can figure the best from the best.