Skill Level System?

NOTE: I am NOT referring to the Standard SR 1-50 Ranks or the Upcoming Competitive Skill Ranking System.

An example of what I am getting at is: I have a friend who is SR-89 (with DBL XP) who also has a positive 4000+ K/D.

I’m just barely crawling about at a positive 300+ K/D, after being -200 in the first few weeks of the game’s release.

Now, whenever I play with said buddy, I get DOMINATED. Yet, when I play alone with randoms, I do the complete opposite, usually with me leading my team. Oh, and I only started “getting better” once I stopped playing with said buddy. (We’re still friends :])

What I’m asking is (and am fairly convinced on) is there some sort of hidden Skill Level System, based on playtime or K/D Ratio?

yes there definitely is. My k/d is a little above 2.75 and when I go in alone to infinity slayer over half the people in the game have 2.0+ k/d ratios. However, when I play with friends I maybe have one other person in the game like that.

P.s. what SR are you? That also might have something to do with it

The “hidden system” is the TrueSkill system. Every online multiplayer game on XBL uses it. It’s actually a Microsoft thing.

It does just that, scales your competition so people of the same level, so games remain competitive. When you hop in with your friend, TrueSkill probably scales to him so that he doesn’t completely dominate. You just get the short end of the stick :-\

But, you can use it to your advantage…learn strategies that those other players use to dominate and so on.

> The “hidden system” is the TrueSkill system. Every online multiplayer game on XBL uses it. It’s actually a Microsoft thing.
>
> It does just that, scales your competition so people of the same level, so games remain competitive. When you hop in with your friend, TrueSkill probably scales to him so that he doesn’t completely dominate. You just get the short end of the stick :-
>
> But, you can use it to your advantage…learn strategies that those other players use to dominate and so on.

That’s what I thought! Because holy jeebus, do I get my poo pushed in when I get matched up with higher players. It drives me nuts! I would much rather give up playing with friends than sit there absolutely raging at getting my -Yoink- kicked!

> > The “hidden system” is the TrueSkill system. Every online multiplayer game on XBL uses it. It’s actually a Microsoft thing.
> >
> > It does just that, scales your competition so people of the same level, so games remain competitive. When you hop in with your friend, TrueSkill probably scales to him so that he doesn’t completely dominate. You just get the short end of the stick :-
> >
> > But, you can use it to your advantage…learn strategies that those other players use to dominate and so on.
>
> That’s what I thought! Because holy jeebus, do I get my poo pushed in when I get matched up with higher players. It drives me nuts! I would much rather give up playing with friends than sit there absolutely raging at getting my -Yoink!- kicked!

Bro, I thought I was the only one! Thanks for bringing this up.