Skeptical about armour customization

With how big of a blunder halo 5s armour system was i have a few worries about infinites. In the trailers we saw no mix matched armour on any spartans, reach armour on reach and mk7 on mk7, this has me wondering if armour will be locked to its generation instead of free to be with any armour, hence the armour core system. This would be a huge detriment to the game and the community as the most fun part of halo customization is mix matching armour, id love to wear commando shoulders with the samurai armour but im getting increasingly worried the armour system is gonna be way less player friendly then we think. Would love if 343 could go more in depth about the whole system in general and how it will work

I personally think you’re blowing this way out of proportion, considering the fact that having Reach armor and MKVII already means it has double the customization options as compared to Reach. However, I understand your plight and judging by the evidence, this may very well be the case. Sorry bro.

At least you can make your Reach Spartan in Infinite?

I think we need to wait and see. I can’t imagine they’d lock customization like that as it is counter productive to the definition of the word.

This is the issue with reveals like this is that everyone starts dissecting and speculating. We really have to wait and see, but my gut tells me no. The base game probably pushes Mk VII and the first season is Heroes of Reach, hence the dichotomy of armor. I think they’re just showcasing a bit of each.

I think Armor Cores may lock in specific parts of customization, but I’m not sure how far it’ll go. For example, wrist attachments and chest attachments are likely locked to the armor core, but that may not be the case with the Shoulder Pad, Knee Pad, Helmet, Gloves and the Leg Utility.

I think that’s a tolerable restriction, it’s likely there because the Armor Core may behave similar to the customization of Reach helmets: Core>Attachments>Chest/Wrist

It’s likely there to increase the amount of fine-tuned customization we will be able to do without limiting players to one base set of armor like we have had in Reach and Halo 3. We’ll essentially be able to change which base player model we are editing, instead of being limited to one model, we get different sets to choose from.

I truly hope they aren’t locked depending on the core you use.

I think the customization options that they have confirmed so far is the armor core, helmet, helmet attachment, left and right shoulders, gloves, kneepads, and visor. The armor core could just be the same as the chest piece, or it could be the armor core could mean the actual undersuit of the armor itself. From what I could see from the overview, it seems like armor core affects mainly the chest piece and the legs of the armor. The left and right shoulders will probably affect the arms mostly, although the forearms may be determined by the armor core. The kneepads will probably be the same way where it will mostly affect the lower half of the legs primarily. I can’t imagine that they will restrict certain armor pieces to work only with certain armor cores as that would be a rather strange choice. If that is the case then I will be a sad panda.

I wish that there was more customization like in halo 4 or even Halo 3 in MCC, that has been getting good.

> 2533274882898126;2:
> I personally think you’re blowing this way out of proportion, considering the fact that having Reach armor and MKVII already means it has double the customization options as compared to Reach. However, I understand your plight and judging by the evidence, this may very well be the case. Sorry bro.
>
> At least you can make your Reach Spartan in Infinite?

Yeah but if i wanted that id just play reach, its just speculation after all i very much hope im proven wrong. I fully understand that theres twice the customization now with both armour types but to lock them to their own would be foolish and upset a lot of people, not only bc it sucks but also because its another example of 343 being unclear about their game and systems and never explaining enough.