Ske7ch has made a response

"Been traveling so slow to respond - but please know the constructive feedback is being heard loud and clear. Changes will take time and our priority this week is giving the team a much deserved break for the holiday after a long final stretch. Thank you for understanding. :pray: "

Let the team have a break they have heard us. If nothing changes by the end of December we can get mad again. Happy holidays.

54 Likes

Christmas break comes very quickly after Thanksgiving and, from what I’ve read, they’ve been crunching hard to get the game out the door. End of January or February is more like it for anything substantial.

13 Likes

That’s fine. I’ve been having a blast with it so far. This response from won’t be nearly good enough for the 8-hours-a-day guys and the purists’ . But that sucks for them, because this is damn good MP.

11 Likes

That is true, was just thinking maybe some small changes by the end of December like better challenges.

2 Likes

This shows it isn’t really a beta though. The whole point of beta is to test content so it can be adjusted. They’re taking a break this week. Full launch in two weeks

23 Likes

Yeah the gameplay is actually good except for the weird melee and some guns feeling useless.

3 Likes

Betas haven’t been real betas for years. Its just a marketing term and a get out of jail free card if the game does really bad they can just say don’t worry its still in beta.

25 Likes

Bulldog just might be the most useless in the history of Halo. It’s god awful.

9 Likes

I think they’ll make some tweaks and adjustments over the next few weeks then pack it up for Christmas as they do every year. Also, I’m sure they want to analyze all of the data collected over the holidays and use it to inform any larger decisions they make. I’m not sure knee-jerk game design serves anyone’s interests.

I’m looking forward to experimenting with things and having a good time with it over the break.

5 Likes

If you try to kill by just shooting yeah its bad, but if you shoot then melee its great.

1 Like

For the time being, as long as they bump up the XP from 50 to 100 or so for per match completion, I could live with that. I feel like that’s not a big ask…

2 Likes

Funny, that sounds EXACTLY how Halo plays. All of em. I’ve been doing that since I was 20 lol.
And I don’t have much of an issue with just shooting either.

EDIT: my bad, I didn’t realize you were talking about the Bulldog. Yeah it still stinks lol

3 Likes

Yeah fair enough. I’m thankful for all the hard work they’ve put in this game and the good that is coming out of it. I just hate to see all their hard work foiled by these controversies, like the monetization and progression system. I hope they understand that our outrage over these problems equals the love we have for this game and, consequently, the love we have for the work they are doing. It is good to be constructive, and keep the talk optimistic instead of cynical doom and gloom

4 Likes

Good point. Seems like something they might reasonably do over the next few weeks.

It’s always the law of unintended consequences. Even when modifying something as seemingly straightforward as XP per match completed, it’s possible to create other issues. Does it embolden (even more) AFK fools to park in matchmaking? Do the systems exist to detect and remove them? If not, how will that affect other players? How does it alter the long-term economy of the game? And so on.

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll get a substantial respone regarding community concerns about Infinite until after Christmas,
i’m hoping when we do get that response it’s reasonable in nature as oppose to a blanket “we hear you” statement.

1 Like

By the end of december??? LMAOOOO… more like by dec 8th

2 Likes

The team has holiday break and it takes time to make the changes, so end of December is reasonable. I’m not trying to work people to death because I can’t get the shiny thing I want or the game mode I want isn’t in yet.

2 Likes

“holiday break” means for thanksgiving. They aren’t taking the whole rest of the year off dude

1 Like

Feel the same, think we might get a pinned topic about it explaining what they plan to do.

Yeah but they can’t make major changes to the game in a week, they have to test and get it approved. We might see small changes a week after to xp or challenges but anything big will take at least a few weeks.

1 Like