Singles ( 1v1 )

Since there are doubles, why not singles? Would make a lot of sense to add, but maps would need to be shortened or a new wave just brought out for this.

Um… We have FFA?

We do, but that could be considered a 1v5/killrace.

True, but you can always go in a custom game and 1v1 someone.

I feel like there aren’t alot of maps small enough and the camping would be on another level.

> 2533274930413556;4:
> True, but you can always go in a custom game and 1v1 someone.

I really do enjoy your input, but I was going for more of a gunskill, ranked type play. Only one person against another. Custom games are here now with Forge so I understand completely why this would get shot down. :slight_smile:
Thanks a bunch though!

> 2533274930413556;2:
> Um… We have FFA?

it’s beter 1v1 than 1v1v…v1v1

> 2533274846891077;5:
> I feel like there aren’t alot of maps small enough and the camping would be on another level.

Why I said there may need to be a new rollout of small maps from the Forge community or the devs themselves. :slight_smile:

(Camping is already bad, but if have great gunskill and smart tactics you could pull them out of their corners.)

Really appreciate your input though!

> 2535412637656425;7:
> > 2533274930413556;2:
> > Um… We have FFA?
>
> it’s beter 1v1 than 1v1v…v1v1

^^

I dunno, remember CoD 4 with Cage Match, and you always got those messages where they would ask to farm kills/wins/challenges/etc? I could see that being a thing here, only worse with REQ points or Commendations or something.

If it was Social and didn’t provide a ton of REQ points, I guess it’d be okay. I don’t see it being very popular at all.

When it was in Halo 3, a waypoint would be above your head to prevent camping. It wasn’t very popular though. I personally loved it, but I love 1v1 situations.

I actually have a 1v1 map made.

They used to have 1v1 in Halo 3 but it’s not as popular as 4v4 or 2v2. Just not enough interest.

I think it’s better to leave 1v1’s to custom games because in matchmaking people may exploit it (kill commendations)
Also, in custom games you have the freedom to choose maps that can be made for 1v1’s meanwhile in arena, most maps wouldn’t play out well at the moment, it would only work if they made a whole new playlist of maps for this specific game mode.