Since when?

Since when did the majority of the Halo Community start being so petty? It’s kinda scary to me to think that CoD is surpassing Halo, even with how bad IW was…

What do you mean?

> 2533274851544662;2:
> What do you mean?

In matchmaking and especially on the forum’s. Everyone is so concerned with looking the best in their arguments, etc. No one works together or supporters eachother. All of the side communities are dead. Everyone is only trying to prove self worth instead of working together on certain things anything ive ever posted whether it is promorting my SC, community custom game nights, competitive play all I have ever received is hate from the forums as well as matchmade community. It is very concerning to me. That unfortunate day has come to fruition. The Cod community has surpassed the Halo community.

During the Halo 3/Reach era there was alot more of what you are saying, I agree. And the only way it will change, is to take the GOOD that was back then. I don’t agree with 343 and their attitude to try to make themselves seperate of that/ THEMSELVES/selfishness. Hey, MCC was so horrible halo crowd left, that’s the truth. and how 343 has this game set up, You almost have to be on alot. And let’s face it there are so many games out there today, where people want to enjoy them, and with their champ series being Pushed down your throat, well its just the atmosphere. Look at how even the Achilles Armor was set up. I have it, and let me tell you, the companies were so bent on getting it that it DROVE away players, Players want to play not grind. But then again that’s ANOTHER reason players look at Halo as a game, to get the extras, is not fun.

343 is another topic im talking specifically about the community being against each other

crucial changes in core gameplay and in the game overall splits the community and alienates the core fanbase. Seeing lot of disagreement on the forums is hardly surprising. Since before Halo changed drastically, there was only the old fanbase that had been building up for years with the development of Halo.

> 2533274890014309;6:
> crucial changes in core gameplay and in the game overall splits the community and alienates the core fanbase. Seeing lot of disagreement on the forums is hardly surprising. Since before Halo changed drastically, there was only the old fanbase that had been building up for years with the development of Halo.

Yet again nowhere near what Im referring to

> 2533274960006485;7:
> > 2533274890014309;6:
> > crucial changes in core gameplay and in the game overall splits the community and alienates the core fanbase. Seeing lot of disagreement on the forums is hardly surprising. Since before Halo changed drastically, there was only the old fanbase that had been building up for years with the development of Halo.
>
> Yet again nowhere near what Im referring to

then what did you refer to? I just wrote about why is the community splitted, but what are you looking for? Since i clearly misunderstood your question.

and is the community really petty for disagreeing about major changes?

> 2533274890014309;8:
> > 2533274960006485;7:
> > > 2533274890014309;6:
> > > crucial changes in core gameplay and in the game overall splits the community and alienates the core fanbase. Seeing lot of disagreement on the forums is hardly surprising. Since before Halo changed drastically, there was only the old fanbase that had been building up for years with the development of Halo.
> >
> > Yet again nowhere near what Im referring to
>
> then what did you refer to? I just wrote about why is the community splitted, but what are you looking for? Since i clearly misunderstood your question.

Im not repeating myself look up to the earlier posts

> 2533274960006485;10:
> > 2533274890014309;8:
> > > 2533274960006485;7:
> > > > 2533274890014309;6:
> > > > crucial changes in core gameplay and in the game overall splits the community and alienates the core fanbase. Seeing lot of disagreement on the forums is hardly surprising. Since before Halo changed drastically, there was only the old fanbase that had been building up for years with the development of Halo.
> > >
> > > Yet again nowhere near what Im referring to
> >
> > then what did you refer to? I just wrote about why is the community splitted, but what are you looking for? Since i clearly misunderstood your question.
>
> Im not repeating myself look up to the earlier posts

i did write about why community is against each other. Unless you meant something else?

> 2533274960006485;3:
> > 2533274851544662;2:
> > What do you mean?
>
> In matchmaking and especially on the forum’s. Everyone is so concerned with looking the best in their arguments, etc. No one works together or supporters eachother. All of the side communities are dead. Everyone is only trying to prove self worth instead of working together on certain things anything ive ever posted whether it is promorting my SC, community custom game nights, competitive play all I have ever received is hate from the forums as well as matchmade community. It is very concerning to me. That unfortunate day has come to fruition. The Cod community has surpassed the Halo community.

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. This has been around for a long time now, and personally I don’t think it’ll change. It’s kinda a culmination of the current state of our community and the current trends of gaming as a whole. Back then, the focus on community growth and expansion was primarily to build on the common interest and go from there, which is how I think Forge and Theater became so popular after that. Nowadays, however, and especially with the Halo community, the focus isn’t on building side interests, is preserving the common interest that spawned the community as a whole. As it pertains to gaming in general, we’re at a point in time where gamers are, at least IMO, so confused as to what they want that they begin -Yoinking!- over existing franchises that had worked just fine before. Think about it. Why do you think terms like “PC Master Race” and “Console Peasant” exist? Really, it’s jsut a prime example of stubbornness taking hold: the refusal to accept other preferences and ideals held by other people in fear that they will surpass your own and you will be considered an outsider by not sharing it. This is what not just Halo, but all of gaming has come to. Unfortunate that this should be the case, but it is, and there’s not a damn thing we can do about it.

Well I think it goes hand in hand, The community is about the way THE GAME GOES.

I feel like 343 has brought in the serious community of those who do anything to win, level up, unlock exclusives, etc. and it drives away people like myself who don’t care about things like that.

I’ve received invites to companies where players in it expect you to be online at a certain time of day, and a certain amount of times per week, or there’s companies that only accept the elite, like highly skilled. I can’t commit to that because one: I’m not always online, or I play other games and have other hobbies. Two: I have a life outside of video games.

Sometimes when I interact with the community, I get the typical question like “Hey do you have Achilles yet?” when I answer something like “No, I don’t need it,” that’s when no one talks to me afterwards.

Never have I really experienced people sending me random messages telling me I suck or whatever. One time this guy in a CTF match sent me a message questioning me why I was standing in a particular spot guarding the flag. Like what the -Yoink-?

Basically, the problem that I have here is that the majority of the community has become all about competition and the mainstream portion of things that Halo has now become: UNSC, multiplayer and all that yoink. I was in a party once with a bunch of people and this one guy decided to be a real jerk towards me when I told him I was more into the Didact and the Forerunners rather than the “usual” stuff that fans like.

Since when was it a problem for me to prefer aliens over Spartans? How is that a bad thing?! This fandom, in a way, has become so biased that I don’t even bother anymore. Like if you disagree with something, state your preferences of the Haloverse being out of the majority, or say you don’t need Achilles or don’t care about your rank/KD/winning, etc. it feels like a thousand guns are pointed at you. I don’t feel comfortable or welcome in a situation like that just because my preference are different.

Just because I’m a girl who likes the aliens in Halo more and doesn’t have a lust for competition doesn’t mean I deserve to be mistreated.

> 2533274872596817;14:
> I feel like 343 has brought in the serious community of those who do anything to win, level up, unlock exclusives, etc. and it drives away people like myself who don’t care about things like that.
>
> I’ve received invites to companies where players in it expect you to be online at a certain time of day, and a certain amount of times per week, or there’s companies that only accept the elite, like highly skilled. I can’t commit to that because one: I’m not always online, or I play other games and have other hobbies. Two: I have a life outside of video games.
>
> Sometimes when I interact with the community, I get the typical question like “Hey do you have Achilles yet?” when I answer something like “No, I don’t need it,” that’s when no one talks to me afterwards.
>
> Never have I really experienced people sending me random messages telling me I suck or whatever. One time this guy in a CTF match sent me a message questioning me why I was standing in a particular spot guarding the flag. Like what the -Yoink-?
>
> Basically, the problem that I have here is that the majority of the community has become all about competition and the mainstream portion of things that Halo has now become: UNSC, multiplayer and all that yoink. I was in a party once with a bunch of people and this one guy decided to be a real jerk towards me when I told him I was more into the Didact and the Forerunners rather than the “usual” stuff that fans like.
>
> Since when was it a problem for me to prefer aliens over Spartans? How is that a bad thing?! This fandom, in a way, has become so biased that I don’t even bother anymore. Like if you disagree with something, state your preferences of the Haloverse being out of the majority, or say you don’t need Achilles or don’t care about your rank/KD/winning, etc. it feels like a thousand guns are pointed at you. I don’t feel comfortable or welcome in a situation like that just because my preference are different.
>
> Just because I’m a girl who likes the aliens in Halo more and doesn’t have a lust for competition doesn’t mean I deserve to be mistreated.

Theres nothing wrong with preferring the Sanghelli

> 2533274960006485;15:
> > 2533274872596817;14:
> > I feel like 343 has brought in the serious community of those who do anything to win, level up, unlock exclusives, etc. and it drives away people like myself who don’t care about things like that.
> >
> > I’ve received invites to companies where players in it expect you to be online at a certain time of day, and a certain amount of times per week, or there’s companies that only accept the elite, like highly skilled. I can’t commit to that because one: I’m not always online, or I play other games and have other hobbies. Two: I have a life outside of video games.
> >
> > Sometimes when I interact with the community, I get the typical question like “Hey do you have Achilles yet?” when I answer something like “No, I don’t need it,” that’s when no one talks to me afterwards.
> >
> > Never have I really experienced people sending me random messages telling me I suck or whatever. One time this guy in a CTF match sent me a message questioning me why I was standing in a particular spot guarding the flag. Like what the -Yoink-?
> >
> > Basically, the problem that I have here is that the majority of the community has become all about competition and the mainstream portion of things that Halo has now become: UNSC, multiplayer and all that yoink. I was in a party once with a bunch of people and this one guy decided to be a real jerk towards me when I told him I was more into the Didact and the Forerunners rather than the “usual” stuff that fans like.
> >
> > Since when was it a problem for me to prefer aliens over Spartans? How is that a bad thing?! This fandom, in a way, has become so biased that I don’t even bother anymore. Like if you disagree with something, state your preferences of the Haloverse being out of the majority, or say you don’t need Achilles or don’t care about your rank/KD/winning, etc. it feels like a thousand guns are pointed at you. I don’t feel comfortable or welcome in a situation like that just because my preference are different.
> >
> > Just because I’m a girl who likes the aliens in Halo more and doesn’t have a lust for competition doesn’t mean I deserve to be mistreated.
>
> Theres nothing wrong with preferring the Sanghelli

Of course not, but I just thought I’d share that one time some jerk thought I was weird just because I am a Forerunner fanatic. I don’t expect all fans to understand me, but I will not accept them judging me.

> 2533274872596817;16:
> > 2533274960006485;15:
> > > 2533274872596817;14:
> > > I feel like 343 has brought in the serious community of those who do anything to win, level up, unlock exclusives, etc. and it drives away people like myself who don’t care about things like that.
> > >
> > > I’ve received invites to companies where players in it expect you to be online at a certain time of day, and a certain amount of times per week, or there’s companies that only accept the elite, like highly skilled. I can’t commit to that because one: I’m not always online, or I play other games and have other hobbies. Two: I have a life outside of video games.
> > >
> > > Sometimes when I interact with the community, I get the typical question like “Hey do you have Achilles yet?” when I answer something like “No, I don’t need it,” that’s when no one talks to me afterwards.
> > >
> > > Never have I really experienced people sending me random messages telling me I suck or whatever. One time this guy in a CTF match sent me a message questioning me why I was standing in a particular spot guarding the flag. Like what the -Yoink-?
> > >
> > > Basically, the problem that I have here is that the majority of the community has become all about competition and the mainstream portion of things that Halo has now become: UNSC, multiplayer and all that yoink. I was in a party once with a bunch of people and this one guy decided to be a real jerk towards me when I told him I was more into the Didact and the Forerunners rather than the “usual” stuff that fans like.
> > >
> > > Since when was it a problem for me to prefer aliens over Spartans? How is that a bad thing?! This fandom, in a way, has become so biased that I don’t even bother anymore. Like if you disagree with something, state your preferences of the Haloverse being out of the majority, or say you don’t need Achilles or don’t care about your rank/KD/winning, etc. it feels like a thousand guns are pointed at you. I don’t feel comfortable or welcome in a situation like that just because my preference are different.
> > >
> > > Just because I’m a girl who likes the aliens in Halo more and doesn’t have a lust for competition doesn’t mean I deserve to be mistreated.
> >
> > Theres nothing wrong with preferring the Sanghelli
>
> Of course not, but I just thought I’d share that one time some jerk thought I was weird just because I am a Forerunner fanatic. I don’t expect all fans to understand me, but I will not accept them judging me.

Well if he likes the Master Chief and hates foreunners I sugest he research his lore because John is a Foreunner

> 2533274960006485;17:
> > 2533274872596817;16:
> > > 2533274960006485;15:
> > > > 2533274872596817;14:
> > > > I feel like 343 has brought in the serious community of those who do anything to win, level up, unlock exclusives, etc. and it drives away people like myself who don’t care about things like that.
> > > >
> > > > I’ve received invites to companies where players in it expect you to be online at a certain time of day, and a certain amount of times per week, or there’s companies that only accept the elite, like highly skilled. I can’t commit to that because one: I’m not always online, or I play other games and have other hobbies. Two: I have a life outside of video games.
> > > >
> > > > Sometimes when I interact with the community, I get the typical question like “Hey do you have Achilles yet?” when I answer something like “No, I don’t need it,” that’s when no one talks to me afterwards.
> > > >
> > > > Never have I really experienced people sending me random messages telling me I suck or whatever. One time this guy in a CTF match sent me a message questioning me why I was standing in a particular spot guarding the flag. Like what the -Yoink-?
> > > >
> > > > Basically, the problem that I have here is that the majority of the community has become all about competition and the mainstream portion of things that Halo has now become: UNSC, multiplayer and all that yoink. I was in a party once with a bunch of people and this one guy decided to be a real jerk towards me when I told him I was more into the Didact and the Forerunners rather than the “usual” stuff that fans like.
> > > >
> > > > Since when was it a problem for me to prefer aliens over Spartans? How is that a bad thing?! This fandom, in a way, has become so biased that I don’t even bother anymore. Like if you disagree with something, state your preferences of the Haloverse being out of the majority, or say you don’t need Achilles or don’t care about your rank/KD/winning, etc. it feels like a thousand guns are pointed at you. I don’t feel comfortable or welcome in a situation like that just because my preference are different.
> > > >
> > > > Just because I’m a girl who likes the aliens in Halo more and doesn’t have a lust for competition doesn’t mean I deserve to be mistreated.
> > >
> > > Theres nothing wrong with preferring the Sanghelli
> >
> > Of course not, but I just thought I’d share that one time some jerk thought I was weird just because I am a Forerunner fanatic. I don’t expect all fans to understand me, but I will not accept them judging me.
>
> Well if he likes the Master Chief and hates foreunners I sugest he research his lore because John is a Foreunner

Not really. 343 Guilty Spark’s dialogue indicates he is confusing past events he experienced with the present (at least in-universe). His old and suppressed memories as Chakas and his 343 GS personality clearly started to bleed over after 100,000 years. I know the popular theory is that Chief has the geas of the Iso-Didact, but there are logistical problems with the narrative for that to be the case.

> 2533274812652989;18:
> > 2533274960006485;17:
> > > 2533274872596817;16:
> > > > 2533274960006485;15:
> > > > > 2533274872596817;14:
> > > > > I feel like 343 has brought in the serious community of those who do anything to win, level up, unlock exclusives, etc. and it drives away people like myself who don’t care about things like that.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’ve received invites to companies where players in it expect you to be online at a certain time of day, and a certain amount of times per week, or there’s companies that only accept the elite, like highly skilled. I can’t commit to that because one: I’m not always online, or I play other games and have other hobbies. Two: I have a life outside of video games.
> > > > >
> > > > > Sometimes when I interact with the community, I get the typical question like “Hey do you have Achilles yet?” when I answer something like “No, I don’t need it,” that’s when no one talks to me afterwards.
> > > > >
> > > > > Never have I really experienced people sending me random messages telling me I suck or whatever. One time this guy in a CTF match sent me a message questioning me why I was standing in a particular spot guarding the flag. Like what the -Yoink-?
> > > > >
> > > > > Basically, the problem that I have here is that the majority of the community has become all about competition and the mainstream portion of things that Halo has now become: UNSC, multiplayer and all that yoink. I was in a party once with a bunch of people and this one guy decided to be a real jerk towards me when I told him I was more into the Didact and the Forerunners rather than the “usual” stuff that fans like.
> > > > >
> > > > > Since when was it a problem for me to prefer aliens over Spartans? How is that a bad thing?! This fandom, in a way, has become so biased that I don’t even bother anymore. Like if you disagree with something, state your preferences of the Haloverse being out of the majority, or say you don’t need Achilles or don’t care about your rank/KD/winning, etc. it feels like a thousand guns are pointed at you. I don’t feel comfortable or welcome in a situation like that just because my preference are different.
> > > > >
> > > > > Just because I’m a girl who likes the aliens in Halo more and doesn’t have a lust for competition doesn’t mean I deserve to be mistreated.
> > > >
> > > > Theres nothing wrong with preferring the Sanghelli
> > >
> > > Of course not, but I just thought I’d share that one time some jerk thought I was weird just because I am a Forerunner fanatic. I don’t expect all fans to understand me, but I will not accept them judging me.
> >
> > Well if he likes the Master Chief and hates foreunners I sugest he research his lore because John is a Foreunner
>
> Not really. 343 Guilty Spark’s dialogue indicates he is confusing past events he experienced with the present (at least in-universe). His old and suppressed memories as Chakas and his 343 GS personality clearly started to bleed over after 100,000 years. I know the popular theory is that Chief has the geas of the Iso-Didact, but there are logistical problems with the narrative for that to be the case.

Lore-wise I suppose that is true. You know more than I do regarding this theory.

However, I was referring to a player who thought I was weird and decided to make fun of me in the party we were in, in front of my friends in the party as well, just because I prefer to read about the Ur-Didact than fawn at Spartans galore. It may not have anything to do with this player’s potential lack of knowledge of the lore, but maybe his personal preference and his choice to not understand fans like myself. Which is a pity, and that’s what I think is wrong with the fandom these days.

> 2533274872596817;19:
> > 2533274812652989;18:
> > > 2533274960006485;17:
> > > > 2533274872596817;16:
> > > > > 2533274960006485;15:
> > > > > > 2533274872596817;14:
> > > > > > I feel like 343 has brought in the serious community of those who do anything to win, level up, unlock exclusives, etc. and it drives away people like myself who don’t care about things like that.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I’ve received invites to companies where players in it expect you to be online at a certain time of day, and a certain amount of times per week, or there’s companies that only accept the elite, like highly skilled. I can’t commit to that because one: I’m not always online, or I play other games and have other hobbies. Two: I have a life outside of video games.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Sometimes when I interact with the community, I get the typical question like “Hey do you have Achilles yet?” when I answer something like “No, I don’t need it,” that’s when no one talks to me afterwards.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Never have I really experienced people sending me random messages telling me I suck or whatever. One time this guy in a CTF match sent me a message questioning me why I was standing in a particular spot guarding the flag. Like what the -Yoink-?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Basically, the problem that I have here is that the majority of the community has become all about competition and the mainstream portion of things that Halo has now become: UNSC, multiplayer and all that yoink. I was in a party once with a bunch of people and this one guy decided to be a real jerk towards me when I told him I was more into the Didact and the Forerunners rather than the “usual” stuff that fans like.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Since when was it a problem for me to prefer aliens over Spartans? How is that a bad thing?! This fandom, in a way, has become so biased that I don’t even bother anymore. Like if you disagree with something, state your preferences of the Haloverse being out of the majority, or say you don’t need Achilles or don’t care about your rank/KD/winning, etc. it feels like a thousand guns are pointed at you. I don’t feel comfortable or welcome in a situation like that just because my preference are different.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Just because I’m a girl who likes the aliens in Halo more and doesn’t have a lust for competition doesn’t mean I deserve to be mistreated.
> > > > >
> > > > > Theres nothing wrong with preferring the Sanghelli
> > > >
> > > > Of course not, but I just thought I’d share that one time some jerk thought I was weird just because I am a Forerunner fanatic. I don’t expect all fans to understand me, but I will not accept them judging me.
> > >
> > > Well if he likes the Master Chief and hates foreunners I sugest he research his lore because John is a Foreunner
> >
> > Not really. 343 Guilty Spark’s dialogue indicates he is confusing past events he experienced with the present (at least in-universe). His old and suppressed memories as Chakas and his 343 GS personality clearly started to bleed over after 100,000 years. I know the popular theory is that Chief has the geas of the Iso-Didact, but there are logistical problems with the narrative for that to be the case.
>
> Lore-wise I suppose that is true. You know more than I do regarding this theory.
>
> However, I was referring to a player who thought I was weird and decided to make fun of me in the party we were in, in front of my friends in the party as well, just because I prefer to read about the Ur-Didact than fawn at Spartans galore. It may not have anything to do with this player’s potential lack of knowledge of the lore, but maybe his personal preference and his choice to not understand fans like myself. Which is a pity, and that’s what I think is wrong with the fandom these days.

Long story short her and I believe the mantle belongs to the forerunners… they are the ones who truly should bare the responsipbility because they are trully the ones fit. The precurses made a mistake