Since when kda and winning rate matters?

I can’t believe people still call you out for not playing they way they wanted you to play. So only because I get 35 kills in firefight (with no reqs thanks to retrieving data problem) this guy says my KDA is trash and that I suck for losing too many games. Sorry? I play solo most of the time and I’m actually a casual player. Hell I’ll even be okay with it it was on a arena game but in firefight? this is nuts.

Since when the kda is actually something you have to Be ashamed of? That’s the thing kids do to insult nowadays? Make fun of how many matches you win or lose? How many deaths you have?

> 2533274941773412;1:
> I can’t believe people still call you out for not playing they way they wanted you to play. So only because I get 35 kills in firefight (with no reqs thanks to retrieving data problem) this guy says my KDA is trash and that I suck for losing too many games. Sorry? I play solo most of the time and I’m actually a casual player. Hell I’ll even be okay with it it was on a arena game but in firefight? this is nuts.
>
> Since when the kda is actually something you have to Be ashamed of? That’s the thing kids do to insult nowadays? Make fun of how many matches you win or lose? How many deaths you have?

Well obviously it means something to you, too, or it wouldn’t have offended you enough that you vented on a public forum.

Just ignore it. Don’t let it get to you.

1v1 him bro.

> 2533274941773412;1:
> I can’t believe people still call you out for not playing they way they wanted you to play. So only because I get 35 kills in firefight (with no reqs thanks to retrieving data problem) this guy says my KDA is trash and that I suck for losing too many games. Sorry? I play solo most of the time and I’m actually a casual player. Hell I’ll even be okay with it it was on a arena game but in firefight? this is nuts.
>
> Since when the kda is actually something you have to Be ashamed of? That’s the thing kids do to insult nowadays? Make fun of how many matches you win or lose? How many deaths you have?

People will tell you to ignore and report the offending player which I am sure is good advice. Whenever somebody sends me something along these lines I like to take a different approach: I friend them immediately on XBL. Then I join as many of their party chats and join as many of their games as I can. This person has clearly already let you know that unwelcome intrusions are cool with them.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> > 2533274941773412;1:
> > I can’t believe people still call you out for not playing they way they wanted you to play. So only because I get 35 kills in firefight (with no reqs thanks to retrieving data problem) this guy says my KDA is trash and that I suck for losing too many games. Sorry? I play solo most of the time and I’m actually a casual player. Hell I’ll even be okay with it it was on a arena game but in firefight? this is nuts.
> >
> > Since when the kda is actually something you have to Be ashamed of? That’s the thing kids do to insult nowadays? Make fun of how many matches you win or lose? How many deaths you have?
>
>
> Well obviously it means something to you, too, or it wouldn’t have offended you enough you had to vent on a public forum.
>
> Just ignore it. Don’t let it get to you.

Yea.

I will say though, there is probably a sense of pride being struck, but honestly it’s just a peeing contest at some point. Find things that really matter and put that effort towards them.

At this point, nothing really surprises me anymore with (anonymous) online behavior. But I have to admit that it seems pretty lame for a player to call someone out for their performance in WZFF. Heck, I’m happy if/when I make it thru a match without a couple of players quitting.

> 2533274941773412;1:
>

People are -Yoinks!-. That much is true. The real question is why you let their opinion get to you.

KDA means very little when coupled with a ranking system… You might have a 3.0 KD, but if you’re Gold-tier, what does that even mean? It means you’re just smashing on Gold kids…

And an Onyx might have a 1.3 KD but they’re playing other Onyx players. So what does KD/KDA even matter at that point? You put the two players up against each other, the Onyx would still likely win.

Do what I do when I have a poor match and someone “calls me out”. Send a smiley face, then block and report them.

“Try not to get hurt” isn’t always the best advice, trust me, I know. I chalk it up to people being petty and having little to no self assurance. The best you can do is be better than them.

I changed my tag to SOLO so people have an idea.

Never been called out though directly

> 2533274803770876;4:
> > 2533274941773412;1:
> > I can’t believe people still call you out for not playing they way they wanted you to play. So only because I get 35 kills in firefight (with no reqs thanks to retrieving data problem) this guy says my KDA is trash and that I suck for losing too many games. Sorry? I play solo most of the time and I’m actually a casual player. Hell I’ll even be okay with it it was on a arena game but in firefight? this is nuts.
> >
> > Since when the kda is actually something you have to Be ashamed of? That’s the thing kids do to insult nowadays? Make fun of how many matches you win or lose? How many deaths you have?
>
>
> People will tell you to ignore and report the offending player which I am sure is good advice. Whenever somebody sends me something along these lines I like to take a different approach: I friend them immediately on XBL. Then I join as many of their party chats and join as many of their games as I can. This person has clearly already let you know that unwelcome intrusions are cool with them.

wow, that´s an awesome way to do it, i will do it next time, i dont get a lot of offensive lines, but im a casual to, thanks for the tip. -be a better gamer-

Kd matters when that individual takes it serious himself. Overall it doesn’t mean much at all.

I was recently called out for not being anything “special” because I’m a casual player. Let people boost their ego man. KDA and W/L ratio should only matter to people who have time to be competitive. For me Halo 5 is like having a cold beer after work. I play it to de-stress, enjoy the game, and have a fun time with others.

> 2533274843056602;6:
> At this point, nothing really surprises me anymore with (anonymous) online behavior. But I have to admit that it seems pretty lame for a player to call someone out for their performance in WZFF. Heck, I’m happy if/when I make it thru a match without a couple of players quitting.

Yeah i agree man, i mean it’s WZFF, KDA doesn’t matter. Im happy as long as me and my team manage to win.

Okay, but…

Who cares for KDA in Firefight? I’m more concerned about you doing your fair share of assists and kills but not necessarily KDA. Plus, if I’m not mistaken, KDA is genrally low in Firefight because you don’t get a lot of assists. At least, I don’t.

Same with win rate concerning Firefight.

> 2533274941773412;1:
> So only because I get 35 kills in firefight (with no reqs thanks to retrieving data problem) this guy says my KDA is trash and that I suck for losing too many games.

Allow me to validate your feelings: yes this guy is certainly an -Yoink-. Not only that, he fails to realize that how many times you win or lose WZFF has almost nothing to do with skill, but instead it depends on whether or not you get paired up with teammates who have been playing long enough to have decent req collections, and the rounds it gives you.

> 2533274941773412;1:

Personally, I think those stats shouldn’t be tracked at all, anywhere. Stat tracking only makes it so people don’t feel like they can relax when they play, and gives people an excuse to send these kinds of messages. Not to mention the issue of full parties who spawn trap the other team in order to stat-pad (this happened all the time in Halo Reach, at least, often with them deliberately not completing an objective). The cons far outweigh the pros in my opinion.

I’ve always found a great trick is to roll with it. You can do one of two things (If responding). As an above poster mentioned, just send a smiley face. It shows the butt-hurt character that their opinion means nothing to you, and that can really grind their gears. Or you can play with it… For example, the guy sends you a message about how much you suck, right? You respond with something that affirms his statement.
“You suck!” What an awful KDA"
You respond with:
“I sure do. I’ve been training for a long time to suck this hard. I am pleased to see that it’s working.”

Doing that to the trolls always gives me a good laugh.

I mean it’s a big deal in ranked playlist at least to me it is.

If you are rising up in the ranks and you are in the rank for your skillyour kd should stop going up and eventually start going down but never below breaking even.

Well, it’s the first number that everyone sees so…