Simply Unhappy :-(

I will start this off by posting what many have said. I started my first few games of arena on launch day, and had a Positive KD. Even though I went positive most games, I felt like something just wasn’t right. I figured I was just a bit rusty… Well after several days of playing, and still thinking that I was rusty, I decided to come to the forums… To my surprise there were all kinds of people that were having the same issues as I was. I dug a little deeper, and saw that there is all kinds of aiming issues with the game. To make things worse, I read that they aren’t going to fix the aiming because of Esports. This deeply saddens me. I was hoping I would start getting used to the aiming, but that simply is not happening (reversing 14 years of muscle memory just won’t happen)… Without an option to revert back to previous aiming standards, I think I am going to have to either sell the game, or wait and pray for an update. The game in it’s current state is just simply not fun. On top of all that Hit boxes aren’t correct either. I don’t know how many times I have killed someone with a shot that wasn’t even remotely close to them. I have that happen to me all the time as well. I will be running and I know I am in cover, and I am still getting hit. This could also be some sort of latency issues as well ( Which aren’t on my end ). Now then, lets talk about weapon balancing. What happened to the days of halo that you were happy to have a BR or a DMR? Those are long gone I guess, because the pistol, ar, smg, etc are all just as good. Can you please explain this to me? I should not be taking massive amounts of damage from an AR from someone across the map that I am pegging with a BR.

Without going on and on and on about things, I will make a list of QoL changes that I know everyone would be happy with

1: Make a revert for the aiming, and give those who want it, the option to download a patch for the old aiming system
2: Re-balance weapons, so that actually getting a BR/DMR actually makes your happy again. (Auto weapons and the pistol are too strong)
3: Give us more playlists. Where is doubles? bring back big team, and bring back fun playlists
4: The ui needs a complete rework, The current is just simply pathetic. Go back to a successful halo titles online UI
5: Grenades. Grenades are currently way too strong.
6: Crouching needs to become viable again (Crouch Jumping)
7:
8:

I Will add more as I remember them, and as I find more issues.

Do you like anything about the game?

Crouch jumping is viable again

1. Aiming is fine. I really don’t see what this big problem is that everyone is getting so worked up about.
  2. BR/DMR is still superior to the starting weapons.
  3. More playlists are on the way, this is how all Halo release playlists start.
  4. I can agree with fixing up the UI a little, at least let you invite people to your party like you can invite to your fireteam, but a complete rework? Not needed.
  5. I sort of agree, I think the problem has to do with the amount of grenades available.
  6. Na (crouching mid fight is still very useful)

> 2533274894930311;2:
> Do you like anything about the game?

I honestly Don’t know if I do. Nothing feels right. and nothing seems right aesthetically either

> 2533274803896054;4:
> 1. Aiming is fine. I really don’t see what this big problem is that everyone is getting so worked up about.
> 2. BR/DMR is still superior to the starting weapons.
> 3. More playlists are on the way, this is how all Halo release playlists start.
> 4. I can agree with fixing up the UI a little, at least let you invite people to your party like you can invite to your fireteam, but a complete rework? Not needed.
> 5. I sort of agree, I think the problem has to do with the amount of grenades available.
> 6. Na (crouching mid fight is still very useful)

yes aiming is fine they just rolled back how much the system helps you aim. so it is all user error get better at head shots.

> 2533274803896054;4:
> 1. Aiming is fine. I really don’t see what this big problem is that everyone is getting so worked up about.
> 2. BR/DMR is still superior to the starting weapons.
> 3. More playlists are on the way, this is how all Halo release playlists start.
> 4. I can agree with fixing up the UI a little, at least let you invite people to your party like you can invite to your fireteam, but a complete rework? Not needed.
> 5. I sort of agree, I think the problem has to do with the amount of grenades available.
> 6. Na (crouching mid fight is still very useful)

My £0.02p…

• I found it a little shaky at first but it pretty good.
  • True.
  • That’s cool.
  • It’s a bit strange at first but good after a few uses.
  • Grenades are fine. If anything they’re pretty spot on.
  • Crouching is fine.

> 2533274813355115;6:
> > 2533274803896054;4:
> > 1. Aiming is fine. I really don’t see what this big problem is that everyone is getting so worked up about.
> > 2. BR/DMR is still superior to the starting weapons.
> > 3. More playlists are on the way, this is how all Halo release playlists start.
> > 4. I can agree with fixing up the UI a little, at least let you invite people to your party like you can invite to your fireteam, but a complete rework? Not needed.
> > 5. I sort of agree, I think the problem has to do with the amount of grenades available.
> > 6. Na (crouching mid fight is still very useful)
>
>
> yes aiming is fine they just rolled back how much the system helps you aim. so it is all user error get better at head shots.

This is partially incorrect. Yes they dialed back aim assist, but that is not my issue. My issue is the dead zones and aim acceleration. those 2 things make the aiming very wonky.