Simplex + CTF = Broken

The enemy team got an early lead and so my teammates kept leaving. They got to their fifth flag capture, and of course started farming me. I died thirty-eight times in the match because they already had the map locked down. No matter where I spawned, it was in their sights.

Get this map out of there.

should of quiet, its not the map thats broken.Sounds like its ur skills

> should of quiet, its not the map thats broken.Sounds like its ur skills

Thank you.

I assure you, it’s mostly the map and the fact that I started with a team of three. For one thing, if I had started with a team of four, we might have been able to prevent that early lead, which would have stopped others in my team from quitting. So that’s part of the problem.

The map part comes in in the fact that for the last five minutes of the match, no matter where I spawned, I would immediately be shot. They had the map spawn locked. I couldn’t escape. It reminded me of the good old days of Big Team Battle in Halo: Reach. Simplex is just too easy to spawn trap. Everyone will start doing it. That’s the map more than anything.

> > should of quiet, its not the map thats broken.Sounds like its ur skills
>
> Thank you.
>
> I assure you, it’s mostly the map and the fact that I started with a team of three. For one thing, if I had started with a team of four, we might have been able to prevent that early lead, which would have stopped others in my team from quitting. So that’s part of the problem.
>
> The map part comes in in the fact that for the last five minutes of the match, no matter where I spawned, I would immediately be shot. They had the map spawn locked. I couldn’t escape. It reminded me of the good old days of Big Team Battle in Halo: Reach. Simplex is just too easy to spawn trap. Everyone will start doing it. That’s the map more than anything.

Nope its just your bad team/ them being -Yoinks!- by not capping the final flag, anyone with decency would win the game as soon as possible, they were stat padding.

The map is extremely good.

Why not just quit?

The map is brilliant. You got boned, once.

Give it a week.

> > > should of quiet, its not the map thats broken.Sounds like its ur skills
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > I assure you, it’s mostly the map and the fact that I started with a team of three. For one thing, if I had started with a team of four, we might have been able to prevent that early lead, which would have stopped others in my team from quitting. So that’s part of the problem.
> >
> > The map part comes in in the fact that for the last five minutes of the match, no matter where I spawned, I would immediately be shot. They had the map spawn locked. I couldn’t escape. It reminded me of the good old days of Big Team Battle in Halo: Reach. Simplex is just too easy to spawn trap. Everyone will start doing it. That’s the map more than anything.
>
> Nope its just your bad team/ them being -Yoinks!- by not capping the final flag, anyone with decency would win the game as soon as possible, they were stat padding.
>
> The map is extremely good.

That’s exactly my point. They were stat padding. The map has been in matchmaking for an hour and they’re already stat padding on it. Does that not scream “frustrating” to you?

> Why not just quit?
>
> The map is brilliant. You got boned, once.
>
> Give it a week.

The map is not my problem - it’s the map and mode combination. It’s not great for Capture the Flag if it’s so easy to spawn trap on it. It may be because the majority of my game was 2v4, but in my experience, if a map can be easily used for spawn trapping, people will use it frequently for spawn trapping.

I just had another game on it that went pretty well (granted, it was Infinity Slayer and I had a full team), so I’m hoping my one experience is an anomaly. But my guess is that it won’t be.

Making a quick post about a game you were undermanned 1v4 and making a judgement on the map based on that ONE game(undermanned) is why this community is so dumb. Play more than one game on the map please with full 4v4 squads then come complaining on the forums. Its people like you that sicken me in the halo community.

Simplex is a fantastic map that is very well balanced.

Edit: I have played simplex at least 100+ times in customs and have never had any situation where I was spawn trapped. The only way a spawn trap ever happens is if you simply are just not that good of a player/team. You are completely outmatched. And yes… it would be easy to spawn trap if I had 4 people on my team and 1 person on the other… or even 2…goodness is this what the halo community is turning into?

> Making a quick post about a game you were undermanned 1v4 and making a judgement on the map based on that ONE game(undermanned) is why this community is so dumb. Play more than one game on the map please with full 4v4 squads then come complaining on the forums. Its people like you that sicken me in the halo community.
>
> Simplex is a fantastic map that is very well balanced.
>
> Edit: I have played simplex at least 100+ times in customs and have never had any situation where I was spawn trapped. The only way a spawn trap ever happens is if you simply are just not that good of a player/team. You are completely outmatched. And yes… it would be easy to spawn trap if I had 4 people on my team and 1 person on the other… or even 2…goodness is this what the halo community is turning into?

Thank you for being so rude.

A person who only dabbles in War Games, often gets put into games where one team is incomplete thanks to the game’s faulty join-in-progress system, and comes to forums to discuss fears that this flaw could perpetuate spawn trapping sickens you?

You have a weak stomach.

Simplex is a pretty good map that is very well-balanced. I don’t remember implying otherwise, so I’m not sure if you were trying to correct me. What is not fantastic is that it seems like one out of every five games I play has at least one quitter who is never replaced, or begins with one team at a disadvantage, thanks to the game beginning before it finds two full teams. This happens to me often in Halo 4. I have never been spawn trapped before in Halo 4, despite this. Simplex is the first map that has seen me spawn trapped. So yes, I thought I would post about that. I’m sure the map works perfectly fine with full teams, and I wouldn’t deny that. But the fact is that in my experience, full teams just aren’t a necessity in the coding of Halo 4, so maps should also work without full teams. If that sickens you, I’m not sure why you’re even reading this, as it clearly doesn’t even apply to you.

I’m not complaining about the map itself, but rather discussing the fact that it’s the only map I’ve been spawn trapped on in Halo 4. I recognize spawn trapping doesn’t happen when you have two full teams, but that happens a lot less in Halo 4 than it does historically in previous Halo games, so it’s kind of a concern to me.

Please leave your feedback on the map in this thread:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst180745_Simplex-Feddback-Thread.aspx

Thanks. Oh and keep it clean guys.

That’s fine if you’re complaining about the join-in progress system, I agree it is horrible. Look at the title of the thread though " Simplex + CTF is broken "

That is why I am defending my stance, because it is not broken. What happened to you was a flaw in the matchmaking system that 343 has created and players take advantage of it by getting in position and setting up spawn traps if possible when there is 1-2 players or people about to spawn into the game. So, the title should be named “Join-in progress broken” if you are indeed complaining about just that.