Simple Solution to Make Halo 4 better........

Let’s just face it, Reach was a mediocre game. No ranking system and the game is catered to casuals (bloom, nades, AA’s, Movement speed and jump height). The matchmaking sytem is a joke, half the playlists in Reach I have a KD of 3.5 or above which is ridiculous. The arena system is a joke, I have a 1% in Arena and I feel like I haven’t achieved anything. Hopefully Halo 4 can deliver the best of both worlds, gameplay wise and competitive wise. If I want to play a serious playlist I can play ranked with a numerial leveling system, that way I can track my progress and play people my skill instead of beating people to a pulp 9 out of 10 games. And it would also incline me to use teamwork and calling out, but if I want to kick back and play for fun I play social plain and simple.My solution/opinion for ranked Static spawns for power weapons instead of “drop pods” that land in random areas. Make the game balanced and competitive for ranked playlists example, no armor abilities still debating about sprint because with higher movement speed. sprint can be a get out of jail free card. No bloom please on DMR adjust the ROF. As for the casual population keep all the AA’s and all that fun stuff for social, that way you can cater to both worlds and end all the venting and flaming.

> My solution/opinion for ranked Static spawns for power weapons instead of “drop pods” that land in random areas.

Ordinance isn’t at all random. 343i has explained that, at length, multiple times, via podcast, posts, and updates.

> Let’s just face it, Reach was a mediocre game. No ranking system and the game is catered to casuals (bloom, nades, AA’s, Movement speed and jump height). The matchmaking sytem is a joke, half the playlists in Reach I have a KD of 3.5 or above which is ridiculous. The arena system is a joke, I have a 1% in Arena and I feel like I haven’t achieved anything. Hopefully Halo 4 can deliver the best of both worlds, gameplay wise and competitive wise. If I want to play a serious playlist I can play ranked with a numerial leveling system, that way I can track my progress and play people my skill instead of beating people to a pulp 9 out of 10 games. And it would also incline me to use teamwork and calling out, but if I want to kick back and play for fun I play social plain and simple.My solution/opinion for ranked Static spawns for power weapons instead of “drop pods” that land in random areas. Make the game balanced and competitive for ranked playlists example, no armor abilities still debating about sprint because with higher movement speed. sprint can be a get out of jail free card. No bloom please on DMR adjust the ROF. As for the casual population keep all the AA’s and all that fun stuff for social, that way you can cater to both worlds and end all the venting and flaming.

lololololololololololololololololololollololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

1. Your right, 1% in arena doesn’t mean much, it could if more people would play but because they don’t get a 50 next to their name some how it equals fail.

2. Weapon drops aren’t random, they are predictable and encourage map movement.

3. We know nothing of AA’s in Halo 4.

4. Cry some more about sprint why don’t you. But you and your ilk got sprint changed because of it so good job! If you get shot you slow down, so sprint + double punches and running to cover will be harder you must not have heard.

5. I thought bloom in TU Reach was acceptable, so if it is around there it shouldn’t be too bad. 343 confirmed the rof on the DMR will be slower on Halo 4.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/theres-are-all-horrible-posts.jpg

Please stop with all the “I know how this game should be” posts (not specifically you, but people in general).

Honestly, I can see why you’re upset, and you should listen to some of 343i’s comments on their additions, it made me go from doubting the game to cautiously optimistic about it.

> Let’s just face it, Reach was a mediocre game. No ranking system and the game is catered to casuals (bloom, nades, AA’s, Movement speed and jump height). The matchmaking sytem is a joke, half the playlists in Reach I have a KD of 3.5 or above which is ridiculous. The arena system is a joke, I have a 1% in Arena and I feel like I haven’t achieved anything. Hopefully Halo 4 can deliver the best of both worlds, gameplay wise and competitive wise. If I want to play a serious playlist I can play ranked with a numerial leveling system, that way I can track my progress and play people my skill instead of beating people to a pulp 9 out of 10 games. And it would also incline me to use teamwork and calling out, but if I want to kick back and play for fun I play social plain and simple.My solution/opinion for ranked Static spawns for power weapons instead of “drop pods” that land in random areas. Make the game balanced and competitive for ranked playlists example, no armor abilities still debating about sprint because with higher movement speed. sprint can be a get out of jail free card. No bloom please on DMR adjust the ROF. As for the casual population keep all the AA’s and all that fun stuff for social, that way you can cater to both worlds and end all the venting and flaming.

A few things here. Your solution for static spawns over “randomized drop pods”, and you also mention something about teamwork and calling out. I don’t know if you have been keeping up with their vision of these drop pods, but it is FAR from randomized, far from it actually, and since there are subtle HUD notifications to let you know the potential weapon spawns, it DISCOURAGES camping and ENCOURAGES teamwork to get to that specific weapon (if need be). This encourages teamwork, communication, and map control (so knowledge of the best possible locations on the map to oversee a specific area that a weapon will drop will be crucial).
Sprint a get out of jail free card? Everyone has sprint now, if someone sprints away, sprint after them, not a problem there.
Ahhhh the bloom argument. The bloom mechanic on the DMR is still unknown, however, if you read KC KILLA’s review (yes it is an opinionated review BUT it is a review from someone on the COMPETITIVE side of things, in addition to one of the few players who has had hands on experience) he had mentioned that there is bloom on the DMR however it has not affected his timing, aiming, etc. Actually he mentions he doesn’t even realize its there because it does not really affect him. MY guess is that the DMR has a fixed rate of fire, and that the bloom is just a visual representation of when the next shot can be fired (equivalent to that of the sniper rifle bloom in REACH).
We don’t know how AA’s will function in MM, but judging from all the time and effort put through to balance the game, i’d say the AA’s may work, but who knows, I’m just going to wait and see.

All that usage of “hardcore” and “casual”, you do know that this is Halo we are talking about?

Halo for the most part has been a relatively easy to jump into shooter. Essentially what you’d call “casual”. Not that there is much wrong with that. Quite rich you fashion yourself as being hardcore from playing Halo.

> All that usage of “hardcore” and “casual”, you do know that this is Halo we are talking about?
>
> Halo for the most part has been a relatively easy to jump into shooter. Essentially what you’d call “casual”. Not that there is much wrong with that. Quite rich you fashion yourself as being hardcore from playing Halo.

If Halo is an easy to jump in shooter why is your service record not that great?

> > All that usage of “hardcore” and “casual”, you do know that this is Halo we are talking about?
> >
> > Halo for the most part has been a relatively easy to jump into shooter. Essentially what you’d call “casual”. Not that there is much wrong with that. Quite rich you fashion yourself as being hardcore from playing Halo.
>
> If Halo is an easy to jump in shooter why is your service record not that great?

Here we go, it is like I’m back in the Halo 3 forums at Bungie.net