Simple Crap that is missing from halo 5

Explain to me why we have less modes, explain to me why if I get disconnected from a game I can’t join back? Why is everything so -Yoink- in this game? Why is it that my individual skill as a player doesn’t factor into my rank. Why is it that if 3 players leave on your team of 4 and you finish the game losing, it still counts. Why is it that if you leave the game, it counts as a loss for you too? It’s simple things like this that show how much this game lacks. 343 are shooting themselves in the foot to fix their limp. Why can I only change my helmet and armor, why cant a body armor Req just act as a full customizable piece of armor. Why is it that when I got this game I played lag free, but now I can’t play without rubber banding and lag? Why when I get into a game can I not see the gamertags of the people I’m playing with? It’s trivial stuff like this that shows how rushed 343 was, or how incredibly incompetent they are. Halo 5 had a lot of good in it, the bad parts are painstakingly apparent.

I hear ya buddy. Matter of fact the way you word your topic is exactly how i said it too. This game is missing simple crap and alot of it. Im a detailed person and so i tend to notice. I think 343 are a fine bunch of folks so i mean no offense but i think theyre not very detail oriented and theyre not good at budgeting their time. I think halo 5 was a rush job although i still like it. You can tell when O’connor said later last year that they able to start some writing on the next halo entry and this was like a month before halo 5 dropped. And he said that it was a luxury that they never had before. So my red flags came up. Basically theyre always outta time it seems and the finishing touches never actually happen. I think so anyway

> 2533274826169012;2:
> I hear ya buddy. Matter of fact the way you word your topic is exactly how i said it too. This game is missing simple crap and alot of it. Im a detailed person and so i tend to notice. I think 343 are a fine bunch of folks so i mean no offense but i think theyre not very detail oriented and theyre not good at budgeting their time. I think halo 5 was a rush job although i still like it. You can tell when O’connor said later last year that they able to start some writing on the next halo entry and this was like a month before halo 5 dropped. And he said that it was a luxury that they never had before. So my red flags came up. Basically theyre always outta time it seems and the finishing touches never actually happen. I think so anyway

If they keep the good that halo 5 was, and fix why I mentioned, it could be 343’s halo 3. It could be great.

I especially agree about individual play counting towards rank, and losing after people leave being counted.
In SWAT matches especially, I often have great matches, but lose because either all my teammates go negative, or one teammate goes really negative. I get that it’s a team game, and obviously winning in or losing should matter, but I can’t do anything about bad teammates, and it’s really frustrating at times.
And having one or more teammates leave a match, losing the match, and then having it affect your rank is just crap. If players leave a match, the winning team should still rank up, but the losing team should not be affected. That way a teams that would have won anyway will still get the reward, and no one is screwed over by a match that is no longer a fair competition.

I disagree in regards to leaving a match counting as a loss though, it absolutely should. If you get dropped by the server that sucks, and 343 need to fix there servers ASAP, but for now bad luck. But if you are quitting out of a match, it should count as a loss, and I hope the banhammer hits you hard. Even if the connection is terriblejust suck it up, in my opinion that’s still no excuse. Quitting is bad-sportsmanship and selfish, and it’s disrespectful to other players.
I have absolutely no sympathy at all for quitters and they deserve everything that’s coming to them.

> 2533274807041881;4:
> I especially agree about individual play counting towards rank, and losing after people leave being counted.
> In SWAT matches especially, I often have great matches, but lose because either all my teammates go negative, or one teammate goes really negative. I get that it’s a team game, and obviously winning in or losing should matter, but I can’t do anything about bad teammates, and it’s really frustrating at times.
> And having one or more teammates leave a match, losing the match, and then having it affect your rank is just crap. If players leave a match, the winning team should still rank up, but the losing team should not be affected. That way a teams that would have won anyway will still get the reward, and no one is screwed over by a match that is no longer a fair competition.
>
> I disagree in regards to leaving a match counting as a loss though, it absolutely should. If you get dropped by the server that sucks, and 343 need to fix there servers ASAP, but for now bad luck. But if you are quitting out of a match, it should count as a loss, and I hope the banhammer hits you hard. Even if the connection is terriblejust suck it up, in my opinion that’s still no excuse. Quitting is bad-sportsmanship and selfish, and it’s disrespectful to other players.
> I have absolutely no sympathy at all for quitters and they deserve everything that’s coming to them.

Leaving the match should count as a loss. I meant that if I left the game where all of my teammates left, it shouldn’t count as a loss, I’m the only player on the team and I don’t want to stay and get butchered. If you leave a game then Halo 5 should do what the game Battleborn does. If you leave a game, you can’t play a new game until the other one ends and you can join back in the game.

> 2533274988394857;1:
> Explain to me why we have less modes, explain to me why if I get disconnected from a game I can’t join back? Why is everything so -Yoink- in this game? Why is it that my individual skill as a player doesn’t factor into my rank. Why is it that if 3 players leave on your team of 4 and you finish the game losing, it still counts. Why is it that if you leave the game, it counts as a loss for you too? It’s simple things like this that show how much this game lacks. 343 are shooting themselves in the foot to fix their limp. Why can I only change my helmet and armor, why cant a body armor Req just act as a full customizable piece of armor. Why is it that when I got this game I played lag free, but now I can’t play without rubber banding and lag? Why when I get into a game can I not see the gamertags of the people I’m playing with? It’s trivial stuff like this that shows how rushed 343 was, or how incredibly incompetent they are. Halo 5 had a lot of good in it, the bad parts are painstakingly apparent.

Only thing I agree with is the lag. Make a more consistent gaming experience. Ban the people that have unstable connections.

343i should not have such restricted games.

> 2701489597913816;7:
> 343i should not have such restricted games.

They try to make you focus on one thing and that thing this year was warzone, all the emphasis and time was spent on warzone. I want everything back, all the wierd community stuff needs to come back. I also want to unlock armors again, it gave a real sense of accomplishment.

So your problem isn’t with the things that are missing, it’s your temper tantrum over choices 343 has made? Cool.

> 2533274805497312;9:
> So your problem isn’t with the things that are missing, it’s your temper tantrum over choices 343 has made? Cool.

No…?

> 2533274988394857;10:
> > 2533274805497312;9:
> > So your problem isn’t with the things that are missing, it’s your temper tantrum over choices 343 has made? Cool.
>
>
> No…?

Yeah.

If it’s crap, why do we want it in Halo 5?

> 2533274988394857;5:
> Leaving the match should count as a loss. I meant that if I left the game where all of my teammates left, it shouldn’t count as a loss, I’m the only player on the team and I don’t want to stay and get butchered. If you leave a game then Halo 5 should do what the game Battleborn does. If you leave a game, you can’t play a new game until the other one ends and you can join back in the game.

bit of a stretch here, but if you quit a match, regardless of why, did you win?
the answer, let me help you with this, is no.
also, could it be said the score was a tie?
again, no.
so you didn’t win and you didn’t tie… you my friend lost, and shall be scored as such.

a suggestion if i may, play with friends, then your team might not be so quick to quit on you.

> 2533274865708979;13:
> > 2533274988394857;5:
> > Leaving the match should count as a loss. I meant that if I left the game where all of my teammates left, it shouldn’t count as a loss, I’m the only player on the team and I don’t want to stay and get butchered. If you leave a game then Halo 5 should do what the game Battleborn does. If you leave a game, you can’t play a new game until the other one ends and you can join back in the game.
>
>
> bit of a stretch here, but if you quit a match, regardless of why, did you win?
> the answer, let me help you with this, is no.
> also, could it be said the score was a tie?
> again, no.
> so you didn’t win and you didn’t tie… you my friend lost, and shall be scored as such.
>
> a suggestion if i may, play with friends, then your team might not be so quick to quit on you.

That’s simple, my point is that if my chances of losing are increased by the fact that my teammates left, then it shouldn’t count towards my rank that season.

Was talking about this with a friend who just bought the game, the analogy I put it was this game plays well and runs fine it’s just all the small things that make this game frustrating. It feels at times like little constant paper cuts and are issues that just seem due to rushed, laziness, or incompetence.

> 2533274988394857;5:
> > 2533274807041881;4:
> > I especially agree about individual play counting towards rank, and losing after people leave being counted.
> > In SWAT matches especially, I often have great matches, but lose because either all my teammates go negative, or one teammate goes really negative. I get that it’s a team game, and obviously winning in or losing should matter, but I can’t do anything about bad teammates, and it’s really frustrating at times.
> > And having one or more teammates leave a match, losing the match, and then having it affect your rank is just crap. If players leave a match, the winning team should still rank up, but the losing team should not be affected. That way a teams that would have won anyway will still get the reward, and no one is screwed over by a match that is no longer a fair competition.
> >
> > I disagree in regards to leaving a match counting as a loss though, it absolutely should. If you get dropped by the server that sucks, and 343 need to fix there servers ASAP, but for now bad luck. But if you are quitting out of a match, it should count as a loss, and I hope the banhammer hits you hard. Even if the connection is terriblejust suck it up, in my opinion that’s still no excuse. Quitting is bad-sportsmanship and selfish, and it’s disrespectful to other players.
> > I have absolutely no sympathy at all for quitters and they deserve everything that’s coming to them.
>
>
> Leaving the match should count as a loss. I meant that if I left the game where all of my teammates left, it shouldn’t count as a loss, I’m the only player on the team and I don’t want to stay and get butchered. If you leave a game then Halo 5 should do what the game Battleborn does. If you leave a game, you can’t play a new game until the other one ends and you can join back in the game.

Ok fair enough, I read it again and I can see what you meant.

What you said about Battleborn has given me an idea;
Now I’m assuming that the system can tell whether you quit the match (using the in-match menu), were booted for inactivity, lost connection completely (or disconnected yourself intentionally/quit to dashboard/turned off xbox) and are no longer connected to Halo at all, or just lost your connection to the server and got booted back to the lobby.

If you quit, were booted for inactivity, or lost connection completely, the match is counted as a loss and you get a negative K/D added to your stats (say 0/10 or even more), and receive a 12 min ban (the length of a standard match) regardless of how long the match had remaining. This would make quitting or intentionally disconnecting to the game pointless
You still earn a loss, still get a negative K/D, and you have to wait longer to get a new match than if you had just finished the one you were in, which would cover most of the reasons people leave matches on purpose.
If it wasn’t intentional and your internet was to blame (or a pet/child brushed against the power button on your xbox, lol I’ve had that happen), that’s bad luck, but would be uncommon anyway, and there would be no way to tell whether it was intentional or not.
For the rest of the people in the match, the game is ended and players are returned to the lobby, and either a new player is found and a new match is started, or matchmaking just starts searching for a completely new match. All players have the stats/medals they had at the point the player left added to their record, and the team that was in the lead earns a win, but the team that was behind does not earn a loss.

On the other hand, if it was a server disconnection and you were booted back to the lobby, you are automatically reconnected, and rejoin the match in progress with the stats/medals you already had when you were disconnected.

The way I see it, a system like this would stop a lot of quitting, people left in a match when people quit aren’t screwed over, and people dropped by the server aren’t penalised for the crappy servers. Surely something like this could be put in place.

> 2533274807041881;16:
> > 2533274988394857;5:
> > > 2533274807041881;4:
> > > I especially agree about individual play counting towards rank, and losing after people leave being counted.
> > > In SWAT matches especially, I often have great matches, but lose because either all my teammates go negative, or one teammate goes really negative. I get that it’s a team game, and obviously winning in or losing should matter, but I can’t do anything about bad teammates, and it’s really frustrating at times.
> > > And having one or more teammates leave a match, losing the match, and then having it affect your rank is just crap. If players leave a match, the winning team should still rank up, but the losing team should not be affected. That way a teams that would have won anyway will still get the reward, and no one is screwed over by a match that is no longer a fair competition.
> > >
> > > I disagree in regards to leaving a match counting as a loss though, it absolutely should. If you get dropped by the server that sucks, and 343 need to fix there servers ASAP, but for now bad luck. But if you are quitting out of a match, it should count as a loss, and I hope the banhammer hits you hard. Even if the connection is terriblejust suck it up, in my opinion that’s still no excuse. Quitting is bad-sportsmanship and selfish, and it’s disrespectful to other players.
> > > I have absolutely no sympathy at all for quitters and they deserve everything that’s coming to them.
> >
> >
> > Leaving the match should count as a loss. I meant that if I left the game where all of my teammates left, it shouldn’t count as a loss, I’m the only player on the team and I don’t want to stay and get butchered. If you leave a game then Halo 5 should do what the game Battleborn does. If you leave a game, you can’t play a new game until the other one ends and you can join back in the game.
>
>
> Ok fair enough, I read it again and I can see what you meant.
>
> What you said about Battleborn has given me an idea;
> Now I’m assuming that the system can tell whether you quit the match (using the in-match menu), were booted for inactivity, lost connection completely (or disconnected yourself intentionally/quit to dashboard/turned off xbox) and are no longer connected to Halo at all, or just lost your connection to the server and got booted back to the lobby.
>
> If you quit, were booted for inactivity, or lost connection completely, the match is counted as a loss and you get a negative K/D added to your stats (say 0/10 or even more), and receive a 12 min ban (the length of a standard match) regardless of how long the match had remaining. This would make quitting or intentionally disconnecting to the game pointless
> You still earn a loss, still get a negative K/D, and you have to wait longer to get a new match than if you had just finished the one you were in, which would cover most of the reasons people leave matches on purpose.
> If it wasn’t intentional and your internet was to blame (or a pet/child brushed against the power button on your xbox, lol I’ve had that happen), that’s bad luck, but would be uncommon anyway, and there would be no way to tell whether it was intentional or not.
> For the rest of the people in the match, the game is ended and players are returned to the lobby, and either a new player is found and a new match is started, or matchmaking just starts searching for a completely new match. All players have the stats/medals they had at the point the player left added to their record, and the team that was in the lead earns a win, but the team that was behind does not earn a loss.
>
> On the other hand, if it was a server disconnection and you were booted back to the lobby, you are automatically reconnected, and rejoin the match in progress with the stats/medals you already had when you were disconnected.
>
> The way I see it, a system like this would stop a lot of quitting, people left in a match when people quit aren’t screwed over, and people dropped by the server aren’t penalised for the crappy servers. Surely something like this could be put in place.

I couldn’t say it any better myself. A system like this would work great.