Silver or Gold Reqs?

I’m getting my Xbox One and a copy of Halo 5: Guardians in a few weeks and after watching hundreds of videos I feel like I have a good idea about the game’s multiplayer. Though I still have a few questions about REQ packs.

As a lower level spartan, is it better for me to buy silver packs first or do I just save up and buy gold packs?

Picard facepalm time.

There have already been numerous threads regarding this topic. Please utilize the search function to answer questions before posting. Keep New Mombasa streets tidy!

Start with bronze and work your way up. Otherwise you’ll waste golds getting lowly items like mongooses or needlers.

> 2533274815582829;2:
> Picard facepalm time.
> There have already been numerous threads regarding this topic. Please utilize the search function to answer questions before posting. Keep New Mombasa streets tidy!

Really? Dont be over-dramatic. There were more repeats about the pizza skin AR then there are bronze, silver gold packs.

Most people say to buy bronze until you get all your common REQs out of teh way, then buy Silver REQS until you get all your uncommons and most rares out of the way. Then you go for Gold REQs, otherwise you will be wasting 10k points on Gold packs and getting uncommons you dont want to waste all that on when you could have bought 2 silvers for the same amount of 1 gold. Each pack only gives you 2 permanent unlocks so you only want to go for Gold when you only need harder to obtain things–thus giving you really good chances in each Gold pack to get the ultra rares and legendaries.

If you want to spend money, buy the Warzone REQ bundle (25$). It will give you 14 packs (2 once a week for 7 weeks). those unlock 3 things. While you wait to open those along the way, buy nothing but silver or bronze and unlock as much lower rarity items as possible.

There would only be like 5 topics if people didn’t keep talking about the same -Yoink- haha. And technically most of these ‘complaint/suggestion’ topics should be moved to the suggestions thread.

> 2533274799135257;3:
> Start with bronze and work your way up. Otherwise you’ll waste golds getting lowly items like mongooses or needlers.
>
>
> > 2533274815582829;2:
> > Picard facepalm time.
> > There have already been numerous threads regarding this topic. Please utilize the search function to answer questions before posting. Keep New Mombasa streets tidy!
>
>
> Really? Dont be over-dramatic. There were more repeats about the pizza skin AR then there are bronze, silver gold packs.

Over dramatic?? The point remains the same. Search function is your friend. Be it REQ pack advice or complaints about the worst gun skin ever…of all time.

> 2533274815582829;6:
> > 2533274799135257;3:
> > Start with bronze and work your way up. Otherwise you’ll waste golds getting lowly items like mongooses or needlers.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274815582829;2:
> > > Picard facepalm time.
> > > There have already been numerous threads regarding this topic. Please utilize the search function to answer questions before posting. Keep New Mombasa streets tidy!
> >
> >
> > Really? Dont be over-dramatic. There were more repeats about the pizza skin AR then there are bronze, silver gold packs.
>
>
> Over dramatic?? The point remains the same. Search function is your friend. Be it REQ pack advice or complaints about the worst gun skin ever…of all time.

If the top page or two was cluttered with this question then I’d agree. But its not. In fact the latest one is around 8 pages down.
It’s a common question being asked by a new recruit. You’re making it a bigger deal than it is.

First start with bronze. When you unlcoked all commons, then start working on silver than gold.

> 2533274799135257;7:
> > 2533274815582829;6:
> > > 2533274799135257;3:
> > > Start with bronze and work your way up. Otherwise you’ll waste golds getting lowly items like mongooses or needlers.
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274815582829;2:
> > > > Picard facepalm time.
> > > > There have already been numerous threads regarding this topic. Please utilize the search function to answer questions before posting. Keep New Mombasa streets tidy!
> > >
> > >
> > > Really? Dont be over-dramatic. There were more repeats about the pizza skin AR then there are bronze, silver gold packs.
> >
> >
> > Over dramatic?? The point remains the same. Search function is your friend. Be it REQ pack advice or complaints about the worst gun skin ever…of all time.
>
>
> If the top page or two was cluttered with this question then I’d agree. But its not. In fact the latest one is around 8 pages down.
> It’s a common question being asked by a new recruit. You’re making it a bigger deal than it is.

I’d argue your not making it a bigger deal than it is and enabling. But we each have our own thoughts on the matter I guess.

You want to get mostly bronzes at first (maybe a few silvers for warzone weapons) then once you a decent amount of the common stuff move onto silvers. Then basically stay at silver until you have most of the rare and below stuff unlocked.

Obviously if you want to buy a couple of gold packs for some cool weapons along the way then do, but they’re better saving for later.

First bronze, then silver. And pls dont buy -Yoinking!- golds, not worth.

I know this is posted elsewhere, but check out the spreadsheet for tracking everything and figuring out how many points you need and such. It’s pretty awesome.

Bronze packs seem to drop permanent common unlocks about 2/3 of the time, so I’d set you “Estimated Bronze Permanent Rate:” to about 66%

Bronze packs… To unlock the commons quickly. Takes less time to acquire bronze packs then it is for a silver. Silver becomes much more worth it when most of the commons are gone.

Silver Reqs untill you stop getting items then start opening Gold Packs. Otherwise you will be spending 10k to unlock crap like woodland mongoose and ugly helmets.

Check out this thread.

Read the first post to understand how to navigate in Google Sheets.

But to answer your question here. Buy Silver until you get RP REQ Cards, then buy Gold, or Buy Bronze until you get RP REQ Cards, then Silver, then Gold. Buying Bronze is a gamble though, but has a potential to save you lots of time and RP.