Silver member playing matchmaking

Ok this doesn’t make sense. I have a gold membership but decided to level up a new one with a silver account. (Don’t ask me why. I just like to restart because I was getting bored with my higher level account.) But what is weird is that my silver membership just happened to have its restrictions lifted. I am still a silver but I can matchmake and play firefight. I’m not really complaining, I’m just wondering whats going on. Does anyone have any information on this that I missed the memo on?

This whole weekend xbox has decided to allow silver members to become gold members(thanksgiving gift)This allows people to try gold if they have never tried it before.

On an Xbox, up to 3 silver accounts get 30 days of free gold. Only when they are first created

Oh I see. Thanks! I thought I was glitched or something and going to get banned. Man, that sucks that I just now started playing when Thanksgiving weekend is virtually over.

> Oh I see. Thanks! I thought I was glitched or something and going to get banned. Man, that sucks that I just now started playing when Thanksgiving weekend is virtually over.

But it was on the dashboard days in advance…

> > Oh I see. Thanks! I thought I was glitched or something and going to get banned. Man, that sucks that I just now started playing when Thanksgiving weekend is virtually over.
>
> But it was on the dashboard days in advance…

We don’t all live on our xbox’s, buddy.