Silver CSR hell

So I have been the top of my team in nearly every match, with the top in objective captures and KD, but my teams still lose consistently enough that my CSR hasn’t improved enough to be put with players at my skill level. I think my skill in reality would be around Gold 3. I want to be challenged. Any tips on getting a higher ranking?

I’m generally bad and im Gold 1 lol

I TRIEDDDDDDDD SO HARD!!! To get made low rank in Shotty Snipers since I already got stuck with -Yoink- ranks in everything else, still placed Platinum. It’s my lowest rating but I had to literally TRY to do bad; or just not my best to get there :confused:

What’s the order?

bronze silver gold platinum diamond?

My main issue is that I got preliminary placement into silver, but my skill has increased so rapidly that it isn’t even fun how easy it is for me 75% of the time to absolutely destroy the other team. This is my Team Arena ranking btw.

I will help you get your csr up.

> 2535444714582090;6:
> I will help you get your csr up.

How is that? I really prefer to avoid voice chat with people I don’t know.

> 2533275003885970;7:
> > 2535444714582090;6:
> > I will help you get your csr up.
>
>
> How is that? I really prefer to avoid voice chat with people I don’t know.

just play w me and my friends. They’re all offline right now, but you can play slayer with me. Were all over twenty and have been on Xbox live since the first xbox

> 2533274807544947;3:
> I TRIEDDDDDDDD SO HARD!!! To get made low rank in Shotty Snipers since I already got stuck with -Yoink- ranks in everything else, still placed Platinum. It’s my lowest rating but I had to literally TRY to do bad; or just not my best to get there :confused:

Doesn’t the skill rank also have to do with the number of players? Less players playing enough games to rank would give a smaller pool, so higher ranks, right? I have seen a lot of flame threads for shotty snipes today, so maybe not as many people sticking it out for all 10 games?

> 2533275003885970;7:
> > 2535444714582090;6:
> > I will help you get your csr up.
>
>
> How is that? I really prefer to avoid voice chat with people I don’t know.

Then don’t make a forum post asking for advice on how to rank up. The only way to rank up is to be good at the game and have good team-play and coordination. Communication is important in a team based game.

rayz is right, you really need a team of four to rank the best you can. The individual doesn’t matter as much as he does in a game like cod

Platinum 5 CSR hell… I hate carrying those who go negative like 0-25 then quit. I hate people who quit 30 seconds into the match. And I hate people who are good but quit anyway cause of the frustration I’m feeling…

If you want, we can get a team going together. You don’t have to have a mic. It’ll just be nice to have a competent team who knows how to play and won’t quit out.

I don’t think this games true matchmaking system works at the moment. I’m floating around platinum 5 and I get incompetent teammates who still don’t know how to play the game, or quitters who quit too early or too late. Then again, I don’t even know how to check someone’s CSR in-game so it’s impossible to tell if I’m being matched with the right ranks…

uber wanna party? Ill friend u

You must play on a team to consistently rank up. There’s no way around it, especially at low ranks.

Whoever wants to play Ill be down for some game time lol. Ill help get you up from silver if you need a guy you can rely on im Diamond in Team Arena but havent played my first ten games in any other game mode due to wanting a team of 4 before I jump in Slayer. Anyone interested just shoot me a request/invite, Im on right now… Kl

> 2535415607154613;15:
> Whoever wants to play Ill be down for some game time lol. Ill help get you up from silver if you need a guy you can rely on im Diamond in Team Arena but havent played my first ten games in any other game mode due to wanting a team of 4 before I jump in Slayer. Anyone interested just shoot me a request/invite, Im on right now… Kl

I’m down, I sent you a friend request although it says you r offline

> 2698808883856932;10:
> > 2533275003885970;7:
> > > 2535444714582090;6:
> > > I will help you get your csr up.
> >
> >
> > How is that? I really prefer to avoid voice chat with people I don’t know.
>
>
> Then don’t make a forum post asking for advice on how to rank up. The only way to rank up is to be good at the game and have good team-play and coordination. Communication is important in a team based game.

For sure. I was just wondering if there were any other tips. I play with a fireteam of friends when possible.

> 2535444714582090;11:
> rayz is right, you really need a team of four to rank the best you can. The individual doesn’t matter as much as he does in a game like cod

I am aware of that. I just wish that when I played with random that the rest of the team wouldn’t drag me down. I try to work with them as well as I can when they are running all over the place with no concept of map control. Sometimes I get a good team that stays in sync.

Microsoft’s TrueSkill system is still the backbone of all Xbox games including Halo 5: Guardians’ matchmaking; it factors greatly into its’ playlist CSRs. The placement CSR matches within Arena are measuring your individual performance against all the other individuals within the match and who have participated within the playlist. It uses Microsoft’s TrueSkill system as the value system to determine whether or not you’re performing above or below expectations; basically, whatever your Microsoft TrueSkill level is factors greatly with regards to your potential divisional CSR since it influences what type of skilled players you’ll be getting matched up against and depending on your individual performances against said individuals (and their TrueSkill levels) as well as how you stacked up against your own teammates’ performances (and their TrueSkill levels) your divisional CSR placement for that particular playlist will be a factor of all those components combined. Once placed into your divisional rank for a particular playlist then moving up and down the tiers within that division (or numerical number within Onyx) is based solely on match outcomes (wins verse losses) and not your individual performance. If you’re able to win consistently enough you can earn the ability to go up to the next divisional rank, but you can never lose enough to drop below the divisional rank you’re in (this is meant to prevent people from trying to delevel). All in all, Microsoft’s TrueSkill system is the main component factoring into your CSR and who you get matched up against; though, your individual performances during the placement stage which is affected by who you’re facing and playing with plus your wins and losses after being placed also contribute toward your CSR. Not to mention, the number of players who have participated within a particular playlist also plays a factor – in other words, playlists with lower population counts will likely provide you with a higher CSR than more populated playlists since the pool of players to compare skill levels against isn’t as dense which is why 343i are trying to limit the amount of playlists so that players can get a better skill based matchmaking experience; unfortunately, that comes at the cost of NOT having a greater variety of gametypes to enjoy on the regular.

> 2775209234672000;19:
> Microsoft’s TrueSkill system is still the backbone of all Xbox games including Halo 5: Guardians’ matchmaking; it factors greatly into its’ playlist CSRs. The placement CSR matches within Arena are measuring your individual performance against all the other individuals within the match and who have participated within the playlist. It uses Microsoft’s TrueSkill system as the value system to determine whether or not you’re performing above or below expectations; basically, whatever your Microsoft TrueSkill level is factors greatly with regards to your potential divisional CSR since it influences what type of skilled players you’ll be getting matched up against and depending on your individual performances against said individuals (and their TrueSkill levels) as well as how you stacked up against your own teammates’ performances (and their TrueSkill levels) your divisional CSR placement for that particular playlist will be a factor of all those components combined. Once placed into your divisional rank for a particular playlist then moving up and down the tiers within that division (or numerical number within Onyx) is based solely on match outcomes (wins verse losses) and not your individual performance. If you’re able to win consistently enough you can earn the ability to go up to the next divisional rank, but you can never lose enough to drop below the divisional rank you’re in (this is meant to prevent people from trying to delevel). All in all, Microsoft’s TrueSkill system is the main component factoring into your CSR and who you get matched up against; though, your individual performances during the placement stage which is affected by who you’re facing and playing with plus your wins and losses after being placed also contribute toward your CSR. Not to mention, the number of players who have participated within a particular playlist also plays a factor – in other words, playlists with lower population counts will likely provide you with a higher CSR than more populated playlists since the pool of players to compare skill levels against isn’t as dense which is why 343i are trying to limit the amount of playlists so that players can get a better skill based matchmaking experience; unfortunately, that comes at the cost of NOT having a greater variety of gametypes to enjoy on the regular.

That seems a bit complex for a simple system

-Preliminary placement is decided by individual skill and win/loss ratio.
-After that ranking is only effected by W/L.
-You can’t drop to lower divisions.
-The focus on balance is a factor in the lack of extra game modes.