Silentium spoils halo 4?

At the Gameplay Panel today at Comic-con Frankie said that Silentium spoils halo 4 that’s why its being made after the game so how do you think it spoils halo 4?

There’s probably origin stuff, and talks about the Ancient Evil.

Well, the cover has the orange cryptum-ball on it, as well as spires coming from the ceiling much like requiem…

So…

> Well, the cover has the orange cryptum-ball on it, as well as spires coming from the ceiling much like requiem…
>
> So…

I…what?

The cover will likely have no bearings on the novel’s contents. Halo: Cryptum, released in January 2011 (before Halo 4 was revealed), also used Halo 4 concept art as its cover. I don’t remember the cover spoiling any of the events of the game, nor even really relating to the events of the novel. The case is literally identical with Halo: Primordium. The covers are not purpose-built for the novels to act specifically as cover art - they are literally just taken from Halo 4 concept art.

All that now said: yes, Silentium will probably spoil some things in Halo 4. I can’t imagine they would be drastic spoilers, though. They’re probably on the level of how Gears of War: The Slab spoiled a few things for Gears of War 3.

Seeing as how Silentium will only delve further into the Forerunner’s plans and actions regarding the Halo array, it makes a great deal of sense that there would be spoilers related to what we’ll experience in Halo 4 and the rest of the Reclaimer series. Remember that the the shield worlds were a part of the Halo array. :slight_smile:

> The covers are not purpose-built for the novels to act specifically as cover art - they are literally just taken from Halo 4 concept art.

If I recall correctly, each of the novel covers are specifically crafted for each novel by Sparth.

Silentium will explain the Promethean enemies in the game and likely who is leading them. If it came out before the game shipped then we would know who we are fighting and perhaps what his plan is.

> Seeing as how Silentium will only delve further into the Forerunner’s plans and actions regarding the Halo array, it makes a great deal of sense that there would be spoilers related to what we’ll experience in Halo 4 and the rest of the Reclaimer series. Remember that the the shield worlds were a part of the Halo array. :slight_smile:
>
>
>
> > The covers are not purpose-built for the novels to act specifically as cover art - they are literally just taken from Halo 4 concept art.
>
> If I recall correctly, each of the novel covers are specifically crafted for each novel by Sparth.

I could be wrong - I was pretty sure that I saw each cover amongst Halo 4 concept art with some of our first information drops.

EDIT: Cover of Primordium can be found in this video, and I think I saw Cryptum in there as well, though I’m not one hundred percent sure on that.

My explination has many spoilers for Cryptum, Anniversary Terminals, Halo 3 Terminals, and (possibally) Halo 4

Silentium might explain how the Didact and Librarian surrvied the Flood and Halo and how the might have went to Requium. We already saw a Cryptum in the E3 Demo, and the Didact used a Cryptum Charkas, Riser, and Bornstellar woke him up on Erde-Tyrene (Earth).
Afterwards The original Didact flashed his memories into Bornstellar before the Original Didact died by the Master Builder Faber. Then Bornstellar, with the Didact’s persona and memories arrived at one of the Arks to meet with the Librarian. With them parting ways with the Librarian going To Earth to oversee the construction on the Portal and the Didact going to defen the Maginot Line/Sphere afterwards going to Installation 04 to activate the Array (REMEMBER: Anything on a Halo’s surface doesn’t die. That’s how the Flood lived in containment facilities on the rings)
So then, Silentium should explain how The Didact/Bornstellar went to Requium to reside in the Cryptum until Master Chief and Cortana discovered it
Didact’s Symbol (Halopedia)
The Maw Anniversary Terminal (Watch at 1:20 to the end. 1:54 for Didact Symbol. HE refers to the Didact. HER refers to the Libarian)
Halo 4 E3 Demo (The Didact’s Symbol is slightly diffrent, and turns upside down. Also the quote “I have long dremt of this day, Reclaimer.” This could be the Didact finally getting to battle his Human equal. Master Chief. The Didact was never on good terms with Humanity sience he fought then in the Forerunner- Human Wars and was always wary of them. Now that he sees that Humans are of strength again,it could mean another war

> My explination has many spoilers for Cryptum, Anniversary Terminals, Halo 3 Terminals, and (possibally) Halo 4
>
>
>
> Silentium might explain how the Didact and Librarian surrvied the Flood and Halo and how the might have went to Requium. We already saw a Cryptum in the E3 Demo, and the Didact used a Cryptum Charkas, Riser, and Bornstellar woke him up on Erde-Tyrene (Earth).
> Afterwards The original Didact flashed his memories into Bornstellar before the Original Didact died by the Master Builder Faber. Then Bornstellar, with the Didact’s persona and memories arrived at one of the Arks to meet with the Librarian. With them parting ways with the Librarian going To Earth to oversee the construction on the Portal and the Didact going to defen the Maginot Line/Sphere afterwards going to Installation 04 to activate the Array (REMEMBER: Anything on a Halo’s surface doesn’t die. That’s how the Flood lived in containment facilities on the rings)
> So then, Silentium should explain how The Didact/Bornstellar went to Requium to reside in the Cryptum until Master Chief and Cortana discovered it
> Didact’s Symbol (Halopedia)
> The Maw Anniversary Terminal (Watch at 1:20 to the end. 1:54 for Didact Symbol. HE refers to the Didact. HER refers to the Libarian)
> Halo 4 E3 Demo (The Didact’s Symbol is slightly diffrent, and turns upside down. Also the quote “I have long dremt of this day, Reclaimer.” This could be the Didact finally getting to battle his Human equal. Master Chief. The Didact was never on good terms with Humanity sience he fought then in the Forerunner- Human Wars and was always wary of them. Now that he sees that Humans are of strength again,it could mean another war
>
>

I can’t see the Didact wanting to kill Humanity for that particular reason, just doesn’t fit his character.

> > My explination has many spoilers for Cryptum, Anniversary Terminals, Halo 3 Terminals, and (possibally) Halo 4
> >
> >
> >
> > Silentium might explain how the Didact and Librarian surrvied the Flood and Halo and how the might have went to Requium. We already saw a Cryptum in the E3 Demo, and the Didact used a Cryptum Charkas, Riser, and Bornstellar woke him up on Erde-Tyrene (Earth).
> > Afterwards The original Didact flashed his memories into Bornstellar before the Original Didact died by the Master Builder Faber. Then Bornstellar, with the Didact’s persona and memories arrived at one of the Arks to meet with the Librarian. With them parting ways with the Librarian going To Earth to oversee the construction on the Portal and the Didact going to defen the Maginot Line/Sphere afterwards going to Installation 04 to activate the Array (REMEMBER: Anything on a Halo’s surface doesn’t die. That’s how the Flood lived in containment facilities on the rings)
> > So then, Silentium should explain how The Didact/Bornstellar went to Requium to reside in the Cryptum until Master Chief and Cortana discovered it
> > Didact’s Symbol (Halopedia)
> > The Maw Anniversary Terminal (Watch at 1:20 to the end. 1:54 for Didact Symbol. HE refers to the Didact. HER refers to the Libarian)
> > Halo 4 E3 Demo (The Didact’s Symbol is slightly diffrent, and turns upside down. Also the quote “I have long dremt of this day, Reclaimer.” This could be the Didact finally getting to battle his Human equal. Master Chief. The Didact was never on good terms with Humanity sience he fought then in the Forerunner- Human Wars and was always wary of them. Now that he sees that Humans are of strength again,it could mean another war
> >
> >

>
> I can’t see the Didact wanting to kill Humanity for that particular reason, just doesn’t fit his character.

Agreed, but it’s the best thing I can come up with. But with all this evidence, the Didact WILL be in Halo 4. There’s just too much pointing to it

> > > My explination has many spoilers for Cryptum, Anniversary Terminals, Halo 3 Terminals, and (possibally) Halo 4
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Silentium might explain how the Didact and Librarian surrvied the Flood and Halo and how the might have went to Requium. We already saw a Cryptum in the E3 Demo, and the Didact used a Cryptum Charkas, Riser, and Bornstellar woke him up on Erde-Tyrene (Earth).
> > > Afterwards The original Didact flashed his memories into Bornstellar before the Original Didact died by the Master Builder Faber. Then Bornstellar, with the Didact’s persona and memories arrived at one of the Arks to meet with the Librarian. With them parting ways with the Librarian going To Earth to oversee the construction on the Portal and the Didact going to defen the Maginot Line/Sphere afterwards going to Installation 04 to activate the Array (REMEMBER: Anything on a Halo’s surface doesn’t die. That’s how the Flood lived in containment facilities on the rings)
> > > So then, Silentium should explain how The Didact/Bornstellar went to Requium to reside in the Cryptum until Master Chief and Cortana discovered it
> > > Didact’s Symbol (Halopedia)
> > > The Maw Anniversary Terminal (Watch at 1:20 to the end. 1:54 for Didact Symbol. HE refers to the Didact. HER refers to the Libarian)
> > > Halo 4 E3 Demo (The Didact’s Symbol is slightly diffrent, and turns upside down. Also the quote “I have long dremt of this day, Reclaimer.” This could be the Didact finally getting to battle his Human equal. Master Chief. The Didact was never on good terms with Humanity sience he fought then in the Forerunner- Human Wars and was always wary of them. Now that he sees that Humans are of strength again,it could mean another war
> > >
> > >

> >
> > I can’t see the Didact wanting to kill Humanity for that particular reason, just doesn’t fit his character.
>
> Agreed, but it’s the best thing I can come up with. But with all this evidence, the Didact WILL be in Halo 4. There’s just too much pointing to it

I definitely agree with you that he’ll be in Halo 4. Maybe even some other Forerunners.

> > The covers are not purpose-built for the novels to act specifically as cover art - they are literally just taken from Halo 4 concept art.
>
> If I recall correctly, each of the novel covers are specifically crafted for each novel by Sparth.

Yes and no. Sparth had created the cover art for Halo Evolution, Cryptum, Primordium, and (I believe) Silentium. However, the covers for the Forerunner books were not specifically created for the novels, but for Halo 4.

Also, I believe it was Eddie Smith who made the cover for Halo Glasslands.

> My explination has many spoilers for Cryptum, Anniversary Terminals, Halo 3 Terminals, and (possibally) Halo 4
>
>
>
> Silentium might explain how the Didact and Librarian surrvied the Flood and Halo and how the might have went to Requium. We already saw a Cryptum in the E3 Demo, and the Didact used a Cryptum Charkas, Riser, and Bornstellar woke him up on Erde-Tyrene (Earth).
> Afterwards The original Didact flashed his memories into Bornstellar before the Original Didact died by the Master Builder Faber. Then Bornstellar, with the Didact’s persona and memories arrived at one of the Arks to meet with the Librarian. With them parting ways with the Librarian going To Earth to oversee the construction on the Portal and the Didact going to defen the Maginot Line/Sphere afterwards going to Installation 04 to activate the Array (REMEMBER: Anything on a Halo’s surface doesn’t die. That’s how the Flood lived in containment facilities on the rings)
> So then, Silentium should explain how The Didact/Bornstellar went to Requium to reside in the Cryptum until Master Chief and Cortana discovered it
> The Maw Anniversary Terminal (Watch at 1:20 to the end. 1:54 for Didact Symbol. HE refers to the Didact. HER refers to the Libarian)
> Halo 4 E3 Demo (The Didact’s Symbol is slightly diffrent, and turns upside down. Also the quote “I have long dremt of this day, Reclaimer.” This could be the Didact finally getting to battle his Human equal. Master Chief. The Didact was never on good terms with Humanity sience he fought then in the Forerunner- Human Wars and was always wary of them. Now that he sees that Humans are of strength again,it could mean another war
>
>

Yeah I don’t buy that. The original Didact didn’t HATE humans per se, but he found them honorable warriors and regretted Composing them into genetic imprints. The Bornsteller-Didact had two close human friends and tasked Chakas with preserving the ancient human imprints, and from the looks of it, used fragments of him as templates for the Halo Monitors.

It just does not fit.

> Seeing as how Silentium will only delve further into the Forerunner’s plans and actions regarding the Halo array, it makes a great deal of sense that there would be spoilers related to what we’ll experience in Halo 4 and the rest of the Reclaimer series. Remember that the the shield worlds were a part of the Halo array. :slight_smile:
>
>
>
>

Except the shield worlds were not part of the Halo Array. The Didact’s shield world solution was an entirely separate plan in direct contrast with the Master Builder’s Halo Array solution. The council’s decision to continue with the Halo Array was the action that led to the Didact’s (and the Prometheans) fall from power and eventual capture. Unless under extremely desperate measures the shield worlds and Halo array are combined in Silentium, the two are not part of the same plan.

Also, I do not think you are recalling correctly about the concept art. Both book cover concept arts have been taken directly from Halo 4 concept art, as seen in the concept art trailer released awhile back. I expect Silentium’s cover to follow that pattern.

> > My explination has many spoilers for Cryptum, Anniversary Terminals, Halo 3 Terminals, and (possibally) Halo 4
> >
> >
> >
> > Silentium might explain how the Didact and Librarian surrvied the Flood and Halo and how the might have went to Requium. We already saw a Cryptum in the E3 Demo, and the Didact used a Cryptum Charkas, Riser, and Bornstellar woke him up on Erde-Tyrene (Earth).
> > Afterwards The original Didact flashed his memories into Bornstellar before the Original Didact died by the Master Builder Faber. Then Bornstellar, with the Didact’s persona and memories arrived at one of the Arks to meet with the Librarian. With them parting ways with the Librarian going To Earth to oversee the construction on the Portal and the Didact going to defen the Maginot Line/Sphere afterwards going to Installation 04 to activate the Array (REMEMBER: Anything on a Halo’s surface doesn’t die. That’s how the Flood lived in containment facilities on the rings)
> > So then, Silentium should explain how The Didact/Bornstellar went to Requium to reside in the Cryptum until Master Chief and Cortana discovered it
> > Didact’s Symbol (Halopedia)
> > The Maw Anniversary Terminal (Watch at 1:20 to the end. 1:54 for Didact Symbol. HE refers to the Didact. HER refers to the Libarian)
> > Halo 4 E3 Demo (The Didact’s Symbol is slightly diffrent, and turns upside down. Also the quote “I have long dremt of this day, Reclaimer.” This could be the Didact finally getting to battle his Human equal. Master Chief. The Didact was never on good terms with Humanity sience he fought then in the Forerunner- Human Wars and was always wary of them. Now that he sees that Humans are of strength again,it could mean another war
> >
> >

>
> Yeah I don’t buy that. The original Didact didn’t HATE humans per se, but he found them honorable warriors and regretted Composing them into genetic imprints. The Bornsteller-Didact had two close human friends and tasked Chakas with preserving the ancient human imprints, and from the looks of it, used fragments of him as templates for the Halo Monitors.
>
> It just does not fit.

Well, there is the destruction of 2 Halos and an Ark

Which the original didact shouldn’t get mad about since he didn’t like the rings and there is still another ark.

> > > My explination has many spoilers for Cryptum, Anniversary Terminals, Halo 3 Terminals, and (possibally) Halo 4
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Silentium might explain how the Didact and Librarian surrvied the Flood and Halo and how the might have went to Requium. We already saw a Cryptum in the E3 Demo, and the Didact used a Cryptum Charkas, Riser, and Bornstellar woke him up on Erde-Tyrene (Earth).
> > > Afterwards The original Didact flashed his memories into Bornstellar before the Original Didact died by the Master Builder Faber. Then Bornstellar, with the Didact’s persona and memories arrived at one of the Arks to meet with the Librarian. With them parting ways with the Librarian going To Earth to oversee the construction on the Portal and the Didact going to defen the Maginot Line/Sphere afterwards going to Installation 04 to activate the Array (REMEMBER: Anything on a Halo’s surface doesn’t die. That’s how the Flood lived in containment facilities on the rings)
> > > So then, Silentium should explain how The Didact/Bornstellar went to Requium to reside in the Cryptum until Master Chief and Cortana discovered it
> > > Didact’s Symbol (Halopedia)
> > > The Maw Anniversary Terminal (Watch at 1:20 to the end. 1:54 for Didact Symbol. HE refers to the Didact. HER refers to the Libarian)
> > > Halo 4 E3 Demo (The Didact’s Symbol is slightly diffrent, and turns upside down. Also the quote “I have long dremt of this day, Reclaimer.” This could be the Didact finally getting to battle his Human equal. Master Chief. The Didact was never on good terms with Humanity sience he fought then in the Forerunner- Human Wars and was always wary of them. Now that he sees that Humans are of strength again,it could mean another war
> > >
> > >

> >
> > Yeah I don’t buy that. The original Didact didn’t HATE humans per se, but he found them honorable warriors and regretted Composing them into genetic imprints. The Bornsteller-Didact had two close human friends and tasked Chakas with preserving the ancient human imprints, and from the looks of it, used fragments of him as templates for the Halo Monitors.
> >
> > It just does not fit.
>
> Well, there is the destruction of 2 Halos and an Ark

Except that the Didact was against the construction of the Halos in the first place. When he was force to activate them, to say he felt a deep regret is a severe understatement.

> > Well, the cover has the orange cryptum-ball on it, as well as spires coming from the ceiling much like requiem…
> >
> > So…
>
> I…what?
>
> The cover will likely have no bearings on the novel’s contents. Halo: Cryptum, released in January 2011 (before Halo 4 was revealed), also used Halo 4 concept art as its cover. I don’t remember the cover spoiling any of the events of the game, nor even really relating to the events of the novel. The case is literally identical with Halo: Primordium. The covers are not purpose-built for the novels to act specifically as cover art - they are literally just taken from Halo 4 concept art.
>
> All that now said: yes, Silentium will probably spoil some things in Halo 4. I can’t imagine they would be drastic spoilers, though. They’re probably on the level of how Gears of War: The Slab spoiled a few things for Gears of War 3.

Not trying to be disrespectful or insulting but…because the Director of 343 (Frank O’connor) said so.

>
>
>
>
>

The Didact like others have said has really no reason to hate humanity and want complete genocide unless he goes COMPLETELY insane which is quite possible.

I think that it coming out after Halo 4 also has to do with the fact that each book released in January. Crytum was Jan 2011, Primordium in Jan 2012 and so Silentium in Jan 2013 makes sense just saying