Significance of Fireteam "Osiris"

So I saw that Locke’s squad has been dubbed “Osiris,” and I was like, “Wow, that’s a dope-sounding name! …What does Osiris mean?” So I did a lil’ wikipedia thang and read that Osiris is apparently an Egyptian God, and is known as the “merciful judge of the dead.” That “merciful judge” bit sounds kinda interesting in light of the fact that Locke’s squad has been sent to arrest(?) John. Short story shorter, I get the feeling Blue team and Osiris won’t be enemies for the whole game. Probably not all that earth-shattering, but I thought it was cool that they’re hinting at that development in the very name of Locke’s squad. Unless I’m totally wrong, in which case loljknvrmnd. How do y’all think that conflict is gonna turn out?

have you not wondered why destiny has many names in common?

trials of osiris:fire team osiris

in destiny at least he is a man exiled if that gives any clue.

Ah, never bothered playing Destiny lol

> 2533274809073993;3:
> Ah, never bothered playing Destiny lol

Ha. I finally broke down and bought Destiny because I was tired if waiting for H4’s ranking system to be rolled out on the MCC.

(Well. It’s now out And Destiny blows)

> 2533274934016511;4:
> > 2533274809073993;3:
> > Ah, never bothered playing Destiny lol
>
>
> Ha. I finally broke down and bought Destiny because I was tired if waiting for H4’s ranking system to be rolled out on the MCC.
>
> (Well. It’s now out And Destiny blows)

hey now…Destiny aint that bad. Sure its story is nearly nonexistent, but the multiplayer is sure fun.

> 2533274805386380;5:
> > 2533274934016511;4:
> > > 2533274809073993;3:
> > > Ah, never bothered playing Destiny lol
> >
> >
> > Ha. I finally broke down and bought Destiny because I was tired if waiting for H4’s ranking system to be rolled out on the MCC.
> >
> > (Well. It’s now out And Destiny blows)
>
>
> hey now…Destiny aint that bad. Sure its story is nearly nonexistent, but the multiplayer is sure fun.

I would disagree.
It’s an interesting team name, usually we get stuff like, forest, mountain, switchback, crimson, majestic. Osiris? Now that’s interesting.

Any one notice that the eye of Osiris or eye of Horus is the the one that is often found in the centre or on top of a triangle. Very similar to that of the oni symbol.

I noticed this to. Seems fitting even considering the people they are working for.

> 2533274830366691;7:
> Any one notice that the eye of Osiris or eye of Horus is the the one that is often found in the centre or on top of a triangle. Very similar to that of the oni symbo

Yeah the new Logo is a stylization that comes a bit from the old logo and the symbol on top of a pyramid on US dollars.
look at the old ONI logo: the eye has a quite Egyptian style.

With Osiris being the god of the underworld, death and the afterlife…its ominous for sure.

Osiris was the god of death and rebirth. He was known as a force of regeneration and revered as an god essential to life along the Nile rather than an ominous force to be feared, as with other gods associated with death.

There is definitely some significance behind the name, but I do see a potential “team-up” by game’s end.

Really makes “Blue Team” sound kind of boring lol. Maybe Chief will rename it to match the badassery of Osiris.

> 2533274803493024;13:
> Really makes “Blue Team” sound kind of boring lol. Maybe Chief will rename it to match the badassery of Osiris.

I hope it isn’t renamed. Osiris may have a cool origin for it’s name but Blue Team is classic. xD

Plus we all know blue is an epic colour.

> 2533274803493024;13:
> Really makes “Blue Team” sound kind of boring lol. Maybe Chief will rename it to match the badassery of Osiris.

Osiris sounds so very tryhard compared to Blue Team. It’s ominous in its own right, but at the end of the day it kind of sounds like the name of a teenager rock band. Blue Team, on the other hand, is beautiful in its laconic plainness.

> 2603643534586909;12:
> There is definitely some significance behind the name, but I do see a potential “team-up” by game’s end.

although as of now the name of the fire team makes no sense whatsoever, and the backstory of each of the characters except vale which we dont know none of them have anything in relation with osiris from ancient Egyptian. so why do they call themselves that? assuming they chose the name by themselves, i honestly dont even believe any of them to know anything about osiris from the ancient egyptian times. so maybe its something else that has nothing to do with osiris from the anienct egyptians.

its like its gonna tie in with what they are doing or something, which i hope is not the case for that sounds lame since its been done like a bajillion times imo.

I really don’t think the name has much significance, since I don’t believe any other fireteam’s name has really meant anything. Examples: Apex, Avalanche, Castle, Majestic, Horse and Sword.