Sign easteregg on Breakneck (Updated)

I found a little easteregg while I was playing around in forge.

I noticed a sign with the text ‘‘NEW BRANCH CONSTRUCTION’’:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25224851&player=BadMaximum%207.
(Sign located directly under the platform where the Bruteshot used to be.)
Thought that was an odd name for a company, so I went closer up to the sign and I noticed the little text in the lower right corner: ‘‘a division of NYGREN INDUSTRIES’’.

Then I knew I had found an easteregg, because I’m swedish.
‘‘Newbranch’’ is translated into ‘‘Nygren’’ in swedish, which is a common sername in Sweden.
When i looked up the name i found Deanna Nygren who worked as a 3D environment artist at Certain Affinity.
She had a major role in the recreation of Headlong.

Her family in the past must have been one of the many emigrators who went from Sweden to America during the 20th century, so I guess it were a little easteregg of her origins.

Update 1:
I forgot to add another funny thing where it says “division of NYGREN INDUSTRIES”.
“Division” in english is translated into “branch” in swedish.
Lots of branches in that sign : )

Update 2:
I recently found that the bruteshot platform isn’t the only location of the sign.
The signs are all over the construction building. I think I counted them up to 7 signs. Some are broken and some are half burried in the ground.

Update 3:
Found a reason for the picture on the sign.
The <mark>Seven</mark>-branched sword
Coincidence? I think not.

I found it quite amusing and I just wanted to share this.

// 7

Nice find :slight_smile:

What a find, good job OP :stuck_out_tongue: It’s the little things like this that make good Halo maps a blast to explore.

Great find, very awesome easter egg!

you should submit that egg to an official site like HEE, Halo Easter Eggs.

Awesome searching. Only a Swed could have found this

I forgot to add another funny thing where it says “division of NYGREN INDUSTRIES”.
“Division” in english is translated into “branch” in swedish.
Lots of branches in that sign : )

Awesome sleuthing to find that meaning! Here’s a cleaned up version of that sign I made for HBO a couple of weeks back:

New Branch Construction

I recently found that the bruteshot platform isn’t the only location of the sign.
The signs are all over the construction building. I think I counted them up to 7 signs. Some are broken and some are half burried in the ground.

Wow that was a very in depth easter egg. Haha I’m surprised anyone figured that out. I would have never looked at a random sign and thought “Yeah, that could be an easter egg”. Nice find.

Found a reason for the picture on the sign.
The Seven-branched sword
Coincidence? I think not.