"Sighs" The complaining never stops does it?

First it was all the issues the MCC shipped with at launch(which was understandable),now its people complaining over them using a pc port of Halo 2, when it would not have been possible to use the Xbox version without rewriting its infrastructure completely. The Xbox One has a pc architecture, this is why its easy to port pc titles over and Halo 2 Vista is the only version of Halo 2 that has a active online infrastructure to some degree, so it makes it easier to port than reworking Halo 2 original infrastructure from scratch. I mean you are all complaining about the MCC being rushed, stop and imagine the possible glitches this rebuilt infrastructure could suffer from especially with the game rushed out.

Yet another complaint thread.

> 2535436352478403;1:
> First it was all the issues the MCC shipped with at launch(which was understandable),now its people complaining over them using a pc port of Halo 2, when it would not have been possible to use the Xbox version without rewriting its infrastructure completely. The Xbox One has a pc architecture, this is why its easy to port pc titles over and Halo 2 Vista is the only version of Halo 2 that has a active online infrastructure to some degree, so it makes it easier to port than reworking Halo 2 original infrastructure from scratch. I mean you are all complaining about the MCC being rushed, stop and imagine the possible glitches this rebuilt infrastructure could suffer from especially with the game rushed out.

Well since this launch has been an absolute disaster your logic is flawed that it’s easy to port it over.

  • Sees 1-2 threads about the Vista Port
  • Assumes the entire community is complaining

Seems legit.

> 2712882632689179;3:
> > 2535436352478403;1:
> > First it was all the issues the MCC shipped with at launch(which was understandable),now its people complaining over them using a pc port of Halo 2, when it would not have been possible to use the Xbox version without rewriting its infrastructure completely. The Xbox One has a pc architecture, this is why its easy to port pc titles over and Halo 2 Vista is the only version of Halo 2 that has a active online infrastructure to some degree, so it makes it easier to port than reworking Halo 2 original infrastructure from scratch. I mean you are all complaining about the MCC being rushed, stop and imagine the possible glitches this rebuilt infrastructure could suffer from especially with the game rushed out.
>
>
> Well since this launch has been an absolute disaster your logic is flawed that it’s easy to port it over.

This launch was a “disaster” because the game was rushed, not because it was difficult to port. The Xbox version would have to have been completely redone in order to port it over, which would have most likely caused Halo 5 to be delayed and the MCC pushed back to late 2015, and even then there would be no guarantee the new infrastructure would work flawlessly.

> 2533274812650916;4:
> - Sees 1-2 threads about the Vista Port
> - Assumes the entire community is complaining
>
> Seems legit.

Seen more than two.

> 2535436352478403;5:
> > 2712882632689179;3:
> > > 2535436352478403;1:
> > > First it was all the issues the MCC shipped with at launch(which was understandable),now its people complaining over them using a pc port of Halo 2, when it would not have been possible to use the Xbox version without rewriting its infrastructure completely. The Xbox One has a pc architecture, this is why its easy to port pc titles over and Halo 2 Vista is the only version of Halo 2 that has a active online infrastructure to some degree, so it makes it easier to port than reworking Halo 2 original infrastructure from scratch. I mean you are all complaining about the MCC being rushed, stop and imagine the possible glitches this rebuilt infrastructure could suffer from especially with the game rushed out.
> >
> >
> >
> > Well since this launch has been an absolute disaster your logic is flawed that it’s easy to port it over.
>
>
> This launch was a “disaster” because the game was rushed, not because it was difficult to port. The Xbox version would have to have been completely redone in order to port it over, which would have most likely caused Halo 5 to be delayed and the MCC pushed back to late 2015, and even then there would be no guarantee the new infrastructure would work flawlessly.

Anything else you’d like to spew as fact?

> 2535436352478403;6:
> > 2533274812650916;4:
> > - Sees 1-2 threads about the Vista Port
> > - Assumes the entire community is complaining
> >
> > Seems legit.
>
>
> Seen more than two.

Well they don’t speak for very many people. Honestly, who in their right mind is angry about the Vista port when the game doesn’t even work as is? Who cares if it’s Halo 2 console or Vista? It doesn’t even work lol.

uhhhhh what can you say, welcome to the Halo community

Nope neither will the haters ever stop bashing the rest of the community either with their blind rage…

> 2712882632689179;7:
> > 2535436352478403;5:
> > > 2712882632689179;3:
> > > > 2535436352478403;1:
> > > > First it was all the issues the MCC shipped with at launch(which was understandable),now its people complaining over them using a pc port of Halo 2, when it would not have been possible to use the Xbox version without rewriting its infrastructure completely. The Xbox One has a pc architecture, this is why its easy to port pc titles over and Halo 2 Vista is the only version of Halo 2 that has a active online infrastructure to some degree, so it makes it easier to port than reworking Halo 2 original infrastructure from scratch. I mean you are all complaining about the MCC being rushed, stop and imagine the possible glitches this rebuilt infrastructure could suffer from especially with the game rushed out.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Well since this launch has been an absolute disaster your logic is flawed that it’s easy to port it over.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > This launch was a “disaster” because the game was rushed, not because it was difficult to port. The Xbox version would have to have been completely redone in order to port it over, which would have most likely caused Halo 5 to be delayed and the MCC pushed back to late 2015, and even then there would be no guarantee the new infrastructure would work flawlessly.
>
>
>
> Anything else you’d like to spew as fact?

So you are telling me they could simply port the Xbox version over with out changes and with no problems. Stop deluding yourself that going with the Xbox version would have been a walk in the park for them to do in the amount of time they had. Also we would not have gotten the pc exclusive maps for Halo 2 as they were made for the pc which was a different version of the game. Any more snide remarks you’d like to spew.

> 2533274812650916;8:
> > 2535436352478403;6:
> > > 2533274812650916;4:
> > > - Sees 1-2 threads about the Vista Port
> > > - Assumes the entire community is complaining
> > >
> > > Seems legit.
> >
> >
> >
> > Seen more than two.
>
>
> Well they don’t speak for very many people. Honestly, who in their right mind is angry about the Vista port when the game doesn’t even work as is? Who cares if it’s Halo 2 console or Vista? It doesn’t even work lol.

That’s kind of my point, yet to some this seems more important than the glaring issues with the MCC.

> 2535436352478403;11:
> > 2712882632689179;7:
> > > 2535436352478403;5:
> > > > 2712882632689179;3:
> > > > > 2535436352478403;1:
> > > > > First it was all the issues the MCC shipped with at launch(which was understandable),now its people complaining over them using a pc port of Halo 2, when it would not have been possible to use the Xbox version without rewriting its infrastructure completely. The Xbox One has a pc architecture, this is why its easy to port pc titles over and Halo 2 Vista is the only version of Halo 2 that has a active online infrastructure to some degree, so it makes it easier to port than reworking Halo 2 original infrastructure from scratch. I mean you are all complaining about the MCC being rushed, stop and imagine the possible glitches this rebuilt infrastructure could suffer from especially with the game rushed out.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well since this launch has been an absolute disaster your logic is flawed that it’s easy to port it over.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > This launch was a “disaster” because the game was rushed, not because it was difficult to port. The Xbox version would have to have been completely redone in order to port it over, which would have most likely caused Halo 5 to be delayed and the MCC pushed back to late 2015, and even then there would be no guarantee the new infrastructure would work flawlessly.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Anything else you’d like to spew as fact?
>
>
> So you are telling me they could simply port the Xbox version over with out changes and with no problems. Stop deluding yourself that going with the Xbox version would have been a walk in the park for them to do in the amount of time they had. Also we would not have gotten the pc exclusive maps for Halo 2 as they were made for the pc which was a different version of the game. Any more snide remarks you’d like to spew.

The xbox version wouldn’t have been that much more work to port than the PC version, I don’t think. It’s the 360 games (3 and 4) that would have been the most work to port, as the 360 ran on a Xenon (PowerPC derived) architecture.

> 2533274794320479;13:
> > 2535436352478403;11:
> > > 2712882632689179;7:
> > > > 2535436352478403;5:
> > > > > 2712882632689179;3:
> > > > > > 2535436352478403;1:
> > > > > > First it was all the issues the MCC shipped with at launch(which was understandable),now its people complaining over them using a pc port of Halo 2, when it would not have been possible to use the Xbox version without rewriting its infrastructure completely. The Xbox One has a pc architecture, this is why its easy to port pc titles over and Halo 2 Vista is the only version of Halo 2 that has a active online infrastructure to some degree, so it makes it easier to port than reworking Halo 2 original infrastructure from scratch. I mean you are all complaining about the MCC being rushed, stop and imagine the possible glitches this rebuilt infrastructure could suffer from especially with the game rushed out.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Well since this launch has been an absolute disaster your logic is flawed that it’s easy to port it over.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > This launch was a “disaster” because the game was rushed, not because it was difficult to port. The Xbox version would have to have been completely redone in order to port it over, which would have most likely caused Halo 5 to be delayed and the MCC pushed back to late 2015, and even then there would be no guarantee the new infrastructure would work flawlessly.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Anything else you’d like to spew as fact?
> >
> >
> >
> > So you are telling me they could simply port the Xbox version over with out changes and with no problems. Stop deluding yourself that going with the Xbox version would have been a walk in the park for them to do in the amount of time they had. Also we would not have gotten the pc exclusive maps for Halo 2 as they were made for the pc which was a different version of the game. Any more snide remarks you’d like to spew.
>
>
> The xbox version wouldn’t have been that much more work to port than the PC version, I don’t think. It’s the 360 games (3 and 4) that would have been the most work to port, as the 360 ran on a Xenon (PowerPC derived) architecture.

While I am not familiar with the architecture of the Original Xbox, I do know its uses one that is entirely different to both the 360 and One, so the xbox version would have had to be reworked in order to work on the Xbox One, I would say even more work then 3 and 4 because they atleast still have their online components intact where as Halo 2 does not.

> 2712882632689179;3:
> > 2535436352478403;1:
> > First it was all the issues the MCC shipped with at launch(which was understandable),now its people complaining over them using a pc port of Halo 2, when it would not have been possible to use the Xbox version without rewriting its infrastructure completely. The Xbox One has a pc architecture, this is why its easy to port pc titles over and Halo 2 Vista is the only version of Halo 2 that has a active online infrastructure to some degree, so it makes it easier to port than reworking Halo 2 original infrastructure from scratch. I mean you are all complaining about the MCC being rushed, stop and imagine the possible glitches this rebuilt infrastructure could suffer from especially with the game rushed out.
>
>
> Well since this launch has been an absolute disaster your logic is flawed that it’s easy to port it over.

Considering combining this many games into one in this way has never been done before, there are other factors involved making it a “disaster” beyond the PC port of Halo 2.

> 2533274812650916;4:
> - Sees 1-2 threads about the Vista Port
> - Assumes the entire community is complaining
>
> Seems legit.

Not many people know about it as they have never played halo 2 vista. The community was lied to about the “Halo 2 playable just as it shipped 10 years ago” bs.

A thread to complain about complaining

Meanwhile I am yet to find a single matchmaking game. I think you should stop complaining and let me take over

> 2625759425619671;10:
> Nope neither will the haters ever stop bashing the rest of the community either with their blind rage…

Damn where’s the Blind skull.

> 2535436352478403;14:
> > 2533274794320479;13:
> > > 2535436352478403;11:
> > > > 2712882632689179;7:
> > > > > 2535436352478403;5:
> > > > > > 2712882632689179;3:
> > > > > > > 2535436352478403;1:
> > > > > > > First it was all the issues the MCC shipped with at launch(which was understandable),now its people complaining over them using a pc port of Halo 2, when it would not have been possible to use the Xbox version without rewriting its infrastructure completely. The Xbox One has a pc architecture, this is why its easy to port pc titles over and Halo 2 Vista is the only version of Halo 2 that has a active online infrastructure to some degree, so it makes it easier to port than reworking Halo 2 original infrastructure from scratch. I mean you are all complaining about the MCC being rushed, stop and imagine the possible glitches this rebuilt infrastructure could suffer from especially with the game rushed out.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Well since this launch has been an absolute disaster your logic is flawed that it’s easy to port it over.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > This launch was a “disaster” because the game was rushed, not because it was difficult to port. The Xbox version would have to have been completely redone in order to port it over, which would have most likely caused Halo 5 to be delayed and the MCC pushed back to late 2015, and even then there would be no guarantee the new infrastructure would work flawlessly.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Anything else you’d like to spew as fact?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > So you are telling me they could simply port the Xbox version over with out changes and with no problems. Stop deluding yourself that going with the Xbox version would have been a walk in the park for them to do in the amount of time they had. Also we would not have gotten the pc exclusive maps for Halo 2 as they were made for the pc which was a different version of the game. Any more snide remarks you’d like to spew.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > The xbox version wouldn’t have been that much more work to port than the PC version, I don’t think. It’s the 360 games (3 and 4) that would have been the most work to port, as the 360 ran on a Xenon (PowerPC derived) architecture.
>
>
>
> While I am not familiar with the architecture of the Original Xbox, I do know its uses one that is entirely different to both the 360 and One, so the xbox version would have had to be reworked in order to work on the Xbox One, I would say even more work then 3 and 4 because they atleast still have their online components intact where as Halo 2 does not.

Microsoft made emulators to run Halo CE and Halo 2 on the Xbox 360. They also ported Halo CE to the Xbox 360 (Halo CEA) with no apparent difficulty.
Also, when the servers for Halo 2 were shut down, the online components for the game did not disappear, they simply were no longer being used.
You say that you aren’t familiar with the architecture of the original Xbox (it was basically a scaled down PC in its day), yet you know that it is vastly different from the Xbox 360 and the Xbone? You do realize how contradictory that sounds, right?
You’re free to speculate as you wish, but don’t try passing your assumptions off as fact, if you don’t know. Doing so just makes you look stupid.

The reason people are upset is because they didn’t say they were going to port the PC version. All of the games were supposed to be “as they were 10 years ago” or to their respective release date, on the Xbox or Xbox 360. There are certain differences that most people won’t notice, but those who played a lot of either game will definitely be able to tell the difference.

It’s just one more thing that they weren’t truthful about. It’s just to make 343 look even sketchier as a company. Not telling the truth in order to avoid disappointing fans. The sad thing is that the truth always comes out in the end the fans become disappointed anyway.

BTW, the release date was set by 343. Frankie said it in an interview or on a forum somewhere. Still trying to find the link, but they set the release date and failed to meet it.