Sick of getting banned for fail internet!

Hi, so my boyfriend and I started playing Halo but our internet connection is really bad. We get disconnected a lot and we keep getting banned. We just got off a two week ban and then we d/c’d an hour later and now we’re banned again. What are we suppose to do? This isn’t right.

If your connection is fail, why are you trying to play matchmaking? I get that you are not quiting on purpose but you are logging on KNOWING you have the potential to ruin other peoples’ experience. Fix your connection, you got two weeks right? Plenty of time.

Hello, welcome to the forums.

You can also bypass the credit bans by using the custom challenges. You can’t earn credits in-game, but custom challenges allow you to earn credits just as fast (even faster, in some cases). If you need help learning about the custom challenges, you can post here, send me a PM, or create a new thread.

Good luck!

Edited by Moderator - Please do not promote cheating or griefing.

> If your connection is fail, why are you trying to play matchmaking? I get that you are not quitting on purpose but you are logging on KNOWING you have the potential to ruin other peoples’ experience. Fix your connection, you got two weeks right? Plenty of time.

You definitely need to pester your ISP and find out why you are dropping. You are paying them, and they are supposed to be your “Service Provider” so get after them.

It’ll make your (and those playing with you) experience better.

Sorry about your internet problems but welcome to Halo Waypoint nonetheless :slight_smile:

To be of some help, is your NAT open? MM performance is affected by that.

If your service isn’t good to begin with, i suggest switching to something new as soon as you can. If you are paying good money for crap speeds, cancel that -Yoink- pronto. Your getting ripped off otherwise.

You’ll get much more play time than disconnects this way and less bans.

Are you using WIFI or wired connection?

Could be a bad router, I’ve had that happen before. Could also be lack of bandwidth.

I love when people say ‘FIX’ your internet. I share the connection in my place with 4 other people, I can’t fix anything if somebody is watching a movie online and draining the bandwidth. What am I supposed to do? Tell them to stop enjoying themselves so I can play video games? Like that will go over well.

> I love when people say ‘FIX’ your internet. I share the connection in my place with 4 other people, I can’t fix anything if somebody is watching a movie online and draining the bandwidth. What am I supposed to do? Tell them to stop enjoying themselves so I can play video games? Like that will go over well.

This isn’t about you pal, so cool it. This referring to the OP, you don’t fit into this equation.

Unless specified by the OP, your situation may or may not be the same as the OP. It doesn’t sound like she’s sharing a connection between 4 other people.

Welcome welcome my dear friends.

A few tips I suggest with crappy internet.

1-Ensure you are only playing Reach and not downloading, not sharing wireless, nothing else but xbox.

2-Get a wired connection only, NO wireless.

3-New Router, cables, etc.

I’m not a fan of crappy IP users myself.
I understand it’s the best some people can afford, but if gaming online means that much to players, they should get a better connection and make a sacrifice elsewhere.
What I cannot understand is how one can enjoy their online experience with a crappy IP.

I hate latency and lag

I Hate Bad Connection…

> > I love when people say ‘FIX’ your internet. I share the connection in my place with 4 other people, I can’t fix anything if somebody is watching a movie online and draining the bandwidth. What am I supposed to do? Tell them to stop enjoying themselves so I can play video games? Like that will go over well.
>
> This isn’t about you pal, so cool it. This referring to the OP, you don’t fit into this equation.
>
> Unless specified by the OP, your situation may or may not be the same as the OP. It doesn’t sound like she’s sharing a connection between 4 other people.

You’re right it isn’t about me, I’m just giving an example. I’ve seen these ideas pop up plenty of times in other threads, some of them there is no point trying to argue your case. I’m tired of the fix ideas where people assume you can always afford a better alternative, but in the interests of the OP I will keep my opinions to myself so she gets the answers she needs.

> > > I love when people say ‘FIX’ your internet. I share the connection in my place with 4 other people, I can’t fix anything if somebody is watching a movie online and draining the bandwidth. What am I supposed to do? Tell them to stop enjoying themselves so I can play video games? Like that will go over well.
> >
> > This isn’t about you pal, so cool it. This referring to the OP, you don’t fit into this equation.
> >
> > Unless specified by the OP, your situation may or may not be the same as the OP. It doesn’t sound like she’s sharing a connection between 4 other people.
>
> You’re right it isn’t about me, I’m just giving an example. I’ve seen these ideas pop up plenty of times in other threads, some of them there is no point trying to argue your case. I’m tired of the fix ideas where people assume you can always afford a better alternative, but in the interests of the OP I will opinions to myself so she gets the answers she needs.

I know how you feel, it’s frustrating because it’s all dependent on your area. Not everyone can get god tier fiber optic connections. Sometimes it’s not even an option.

Had to miss all of Halo 2, most of Halo 3 before i got good internet because my small town slowly changed. You can bet i was pissed missing out on Halo 2.

Bouncing between clearwire, then city internet (both sucked) but the provider now is better. It’s just i am little cranky, your post came off as really pissed off to me. Sorry if offended.

> > > > I love when people say ‘FIX’ your internet. I share the connection in my place with 4 other people, I can’t fix anything if somebody is watching a movie online and draining the bandwidth. What am I supposed to do? Tell them to stop enjoying themselves so I can play video games? Like that will go over well.
> > >
> > > This isn’t about you pal, so cool it. This referring to the OP, you don’t fit into this equation.
> > >
> > > Unless specified by the OP, your situation may or may not be the same as the OP. It doesn’t sound like she’s sharing a connection between 4 other people.
> >
> > You’re right it isn’t about me, I’m just giving an example. I’ve seen these ideas pop up plenty of times in other threads, some of them there is no point trying to argue your case. I’m tired of the fix ideas where people assume you can always afford a better alternative, but in the interests of the OP I will opinions to myself so she gets the answers she needs.
>
> I know how you feel, it’s frustrating because it’s all dependent on your area. Not everyone can get god tier fiber optic connections. Sometimes it’s not even an option.
>
> Had to miss all of Halo 2, most of Halo 3 before i got good internet because my small town slowly changed. You can bet i was pissed missing out on Halo 2.
>
>
> Bouncing between clearwire, then city internet (both sucked) but the provider now is better. It’s just i am little cranky, your post came off as really pissed off to me. Sorry if offended.

Oh I was, it’s just those ‘fix/buy better’ suggestions piss me off. Only halo game before reach I played was ce, so I never played halo 2 or 3 online either. And people do tell me I missed out.

Op I have had almost the same problem as you, I just haven’t been banned.

Here is what I do when I start to have a laggy connection . . (I do this when my Xbox 360 is off by the way)

1. I unplug the power to my modem, router, and any ethernet cables that are connected to the router for a whole minute, this power resets or power cycles them.

2. I plug the power cable into the modem first, wait another whole minute, and then I plug the power cable into the router. and wait another whole minute.

3. I then plug in the ethernet cables to the router.

Every time I have done this, the lag I had is gone. Hopefully this would work for you to.

If you don’t have a router, just power cycle your modem.

ps I don’t know how computer savvy you are, but you could try to release your ip address and then renew it . . If you would want, I could post how to do that.

Also I don’t know what internet company you have, or what type of connection you have, but you should give your internet company a call if you still have a laggy connection.

> > > > > I love when people say ‘FIX’ your internet. I share the connection in my place with 4 other people, I can’t fix anything if somebody is watching a movie online and draining the bandwidth. What am I supposed to do? Tell them to stop enjoying themselves so I can play video games? Like that will go over well.
> > > >
> > > > This isn’t about you pal, so cool it. This referring to the OP, you don’t fit into this equation.
> > > >
> > > > Unless specified by the OP, your situation may or may not be the same as the OP. It doesn’t sound like she’s sharing a connection between 4 other people.
> > >
> > > You’re right it isn’t about me, I’m just giving an example. I’ve seen these ideas pop up plenty of times in other threads, some of them there is no point trying to argue your case. I’m tired of the fix ideas where people assume you can always afford a better alternative, but in the interests of the OP I will opinions to myself so she gets the answers she needs.
> >
> > I know how you feel, it’s frustrating because it’s all dependent on your area. Not everyone can get god tier fiber optic connections. Sometimes it’s not even an option.
> >
> > Had to miss all of Halo 2, most of Halo 3 before i got good internet because my small town slowly changed. You can bet i was pissed missing out on Halo 2.
> >
> >
> > Bouncing between clearwire, then city internet (both sucked) but the provider now is better. It’s just i am little cranky, your post came off as really pissed off to me. Sorry if offended.
>
> Oh I was, it’s just those ‘fix/buy better’ suggestions piss me off. Only halo game before reach I played was ce, so I never played halo 2 or 3 online either. And people do tell me I missed out.

It’s often not that easy to just “get better” internet. Maybe in a more developed area and where money isn’t so tight but i digress.

Halo 3 was pretty good though, had a ton of things wrong with but it had a ranking system at least.

To be honest, really good internet didn’t come until my second year of Reach. City internet slowly got worse so that new customers can have higher speeds >.>

> If your connection is fail, why are you trying to play matchmaking? I get that you are not quiting on purpose but you are logging on KNOWING you have the potential to ruin other peoples’ experience. Fix your connection, you got two weeks right? Plenty of time.

> I love when people say ‘FIX’ your internet. I share the connection in my place with 4 other people, I can’t fix anything if somebody is watching a movie online and draining the bandwidth. What am I supposed to do? Tell them to stop enjoying themselves so I can play video games? Like that will go over well.

Actually, depending on the router you are using, you can “dedicate” a certain amount of bandwidth to you, or set a max for them. It will probably not be noticeable to them, but would make your experience a lot better.